We have 2 Vets, both awesome....pick the very best !!
- the local surgeon is gifted and knows Dobermans, almost retired now...practicing 40 years
- he also specializes in acupuncture & chiropractor, and race horse owners, seek him out
- the Holistic Vet graduated in 1968, and tops in Canada / ill health now
The surgeon operated on our last girl with pyrametro and on her death bed @ 9.5 years old.
- he preformed a miracle operation, and revived our girl in septic shock 3-4 times
- risky surgery extended an extra hour, Dr. Vern and old Amy never gave up
- she died of multiple strokes, in the middle of the night, at 11.7 y/o
- we were blessed, for another 2.2 amazing years, from Dads heart dog
Our Holistic Vet was way ahead of her peers, and she only home cooked...for her pets.
^^ So what does this have to do with DCM ?
We know little about it, but only buy from top breeders (with Longevity)...something we can control.
- 1977 Canadian breeder, had over 50 championships in her line
- 2000 Canadian breeder, had over 50 championships in her line
- 2012 USA breeder, had over 50 championships in her line
PS - Long term statistical Average // Male live to 9-1/4 years & FM live to 9.5 years.
- over 10 years of age, is a milestone...to celebrate
1977 girl passed @ 9.5 years old...cancer, but only crap kibble available, decades ago
2000 girl passed @ 11.7 years old...on top Holistic kibble & Organic treats
2012 girl now 6.75 years old...and on Royal Canin Low Fat Gastro Vet kibble + Moms Homemade cooked white meat/Veggy stew - her soft stools, now a thing of the past.
- our Dr. Vern had the knowledge to tell us, she was suffering from to high a meat content (on Orijen)
- and he told us how to make healthy Low Fat/High Carb with the 20% kibble protein mixed in
Every dog is Different - but we strive for 4-5 star type eats, nothing less for our dogs...big or small.
Sons little Trevor, turned 13 y/o...we love him to death to.
- but we can control what is put in our dogs mouth (balanced diet), the expert Vet care they receive & the experienced show Breeder, to start with