While my message may not be overly liked &/or want to hear...
- I wouldn't say it if I didn't care Don't be a Helicopter Dog parent..
- "because you can't fix, what you can't see"...this is the real root problem
- going places, are not meant to cover ones Dobe in bubble-wrap...it doesn't work in our breed
Once our city shut down several blocks, for a car show & vendor food...with a few bands playing.
- tons of people, and some with dogs on leash
- should I have taken Kelly...NO, based on her triggered red zone
- but she was on leash, and pulled into Dads's side, as we entered
- she was perfect, and for the most part...had to take her clue from me, too much to take in
- and she touched a few smaller dog noses, in a friendly greet...I was so proud of her
While she Loves to chase a feral cat here off-leash (once every few years) / take her to the Vets, and she pretty much ignores them all...as they free roam close by.
- she has had some dogs, pull on a leash to greet her...she gives them little mind
- she is reading me, and knows the expectations...I demand, from her @ Vets
^^ All the Vet Techs always compliment me, how perfect Kelly was.
Training is all about the psychology, more than anything...its the dog language, they understand.
- phoning the Vet office, to clear the room...is not dog training
- it's avoidance, and a band-aide solution is still a band-aide @ best...very unpredictable
And I don't go to dog parks ever, never did with any of my dogs.
- socialization is 100x more about introducing many people & places...and only a handful of friendly dogs, is enough
People use to ask me, how long would it take to train my dog...as good as Amy.
- I would joke with them...besides telling them, their dog would have to live with me LOL
- "hard to say, but easier to train the dog
...now the owner, that's the hard part
...if I knew how to do that part easily, I'd be rich"