The Politics Thread... - Page 251 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums
General Off Topic Chat This forum is to be used to post about Non Doberman topics. Do you want to post about your spouse, car, job? Test your signature? Post here

 482Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #6251 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,828
Location: Virginia
Dogs Name: Anne [Dobermann]
Titles: TV Watching Companion III, K9 Nosework Dog in training
Dogs Age: Anne-Born 7-26-08
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit GRAYGHOST's Gallery
Thanks: 12,725
Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,095 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzmar Dobermans View Post
I just have to laugh - communism? Who is practically in bed with Putin?? Women's March? Were you there? We came from all over the country for so many reasons. No one is "pro abortion" what 7 out of 10 people are is pro choice. As far as "Pro life" is concerned, the real name should be "pro birth"..... because supporting the life after it is born is not quite so important to many in that group - nor is preventing the pregnancy in the first place.
I personally find abortion to be morally wrong, but I've never been faced with an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy. I'd like to think that the option would be there and I don't think it is any of my business what someone else decides during the first trimester. The 2nd trimester should only be for medical issues. I had a later in life pregnancy and had an amniocentesis at 20 weeks - it was 22 weeks by the time I could sit down with the Dr for the results. In my case, it all worked out ok in the end but the rest of my pregnancy was terrifying. When results are terrible, then it is a late term abortion when it was a very wanted pregnancy. Those kinds of decisions are horrible and no body's business. People don't just get abortions after 12 weeks for nothing -
I don't expect to change anyones mind - but I think this thread got taken over by the extreme right wing, and I think it needed a little balancing. I only read one page of it, and have no plans to go back and read more. Why this breed seems to attract a large % of very right wing people has always amazed me. I mostly just ignore it as everyone has a right to their own opinion. What I will say is that people on both sides need to stop reading super slanted alternative news sources and move towards the middle in order to get a more unbiased report of what is going on. If we are going to come together as a nation again, we need to be willing to meet in the middle.
No one is in bed with Putin; we have to be strong, but no one wants another cold war. As for communism in the women's march; why was the Communist Party U.S.A listed as a sponsor? Why was Angelia Davis a speaker? Why was it supported by so many far left radicals?

Abortion is simply murder. It is the taking of a human life which begins at conception. It is not just a bunch of cells. The March for Life was attended by many young people; there are more pro life organizations on college campuses now than pro baby death ones. Pro Life people are also pro adoption; many have adopted children. My son and his wife have two adopted children. The first duty of government is to protect the life of its citizens,even the smallest and most helpless ones.

I guess we need to meet in the middle in order to allow a little more baby killing and a little more socialism. Things in the middle of the road get run over.

Oh, that right, you are not got going to read this thread any longer because little snowflake feelings may be hurt by the facts. Sorry.


Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

____John Adams to the Officers of the First Brigade of the 3rd Division of the Massachusetts Militia, October 11, 1798

Last edited by GRAYGHOST; 02-06-2017 at 01:41 PM.
GRAYGHOST is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRAYGHOST For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (02-06-2017), Cressrb (02-06-2017)
Advertisement
 
post #6252 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,008
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 55,639
Thanked 23,437 Times in 9,009 Posts
                     
The Truth Shall Set You Free !!

What Pisses Me Off About The Anti-Trump Riots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Y7V2fQKTU&t=584s

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
Cressrb (02-06-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-06-2017)
post #6253 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 05:45 PM
nutsaboutmydobes
 
JobeyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,122
Location: England
Dogs Name: Trooper. (Eddie, Amber & Homer all RIP)
Titles: Trouble, sock thief, PITA
Dogs Age: 15-3-11 (Eddie 1999-2009, Amber 1997-2011, Homer 2005-2012)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit JobeyV's Gallery
Thanks: 4,930
Thanked 4,316 Times in 1,637 Posts
                     
Just when I thought our Parliament couldn't stoop any lower.......

Donald Trump WON'T speak in Parliament on UK state visit | Daily Mail Online


I humbly apologize to my American friends for the behaviour of certain sections of our society & our elected MP's. I'm ashamed to be British at this moment in time.

All this BS is making me more determined to break my self imposed ban & venture into Londonistan to welcome the President when he does eventually visit.

Anyone know where I can buy an American flag?
GRAYGHOST and Beaumont67 like this.

JobeyV is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JobeyV For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-06-2017), Beaumont67 (02-06-2017), Cressrb (02-06-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-06-2017)
Advertisement
 
post #6254 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,257
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 6,712
Thanked 8,346 Times in 2,618 Posts
Images: 1
                     
I am afraid the anarchist have bought them all up for burning.
It is a strange spell that has come over so many, some what professional type people and their butt monkeys...no need to apologize your awareness is more comforting.
JobeyV likes this.
alan j. is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (02-06-2017), Cressrb (02-06-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-06-2017), JobeyV (02-07-2017)
post #6255 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 10:09 AM
nutsaboutmydobes
 
JobeyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,122
Location: England
Dogs Name: Trooper. (Eddie, Amber & Homer all RIP)
Titles: Trouble, sock thief, PITA
Dogs Age: 15-3-11 (Eddie 1999-2009, Amber 1997-2011, Homer 2005-2012)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit JobeyV's Gallery
Thanks: 4,930
Thanked 4,316 Times in 1,637 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j. View Post
no need to apologize your awareness is more comforting.
Aww, thank you.

JobeyV is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to JobeyV For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-07-2017)
post #6256 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Alpha
 
Fitzmar Dobermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,920
Location: S. E. Pennsylvania
Dogs Name: Harvard, Jezebel, & Mabel
Titles: AKC CH & GrCh, RN, CGC & CGCA
Dogs Age: 12/20/07, 2/26/12, and 2/26/18
Gallery Pics: 13
Visit Fitzmar Dobermans's Gallery
Thanks: 3,852
Thanked 19,321 Times in 4,276 Posts
Images: 13
                     
Click here to find out how Fitzmar Dobermans became a supporter
Us "snowflakes" are becoming an avalanche ;-)

Mary Jo Ansel
Fitzmar


AKC GRCH/UKC CH Fitzmar's Command A Minute CGC "Harvard"
Fitzmar's Victory Hop Devil RN CGC "Jezebel"
Jalyn One Moment Please "Mabel"
RIP CH. Cha-Rish A Moment Like This RN WAC CGC "Louise" 2/22/2005 - 4/1/2016
Fitzmar Dobermans is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fitzmar Dobermans For This Useful Post:
CRDobe (02-07-2017), Ixi7311 (02-07-2017), melbrod (02-07-2017), missabaldwin (02-12-2017)
post #6257 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,257
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 6,712
Thanked 8,346 Times in 2,618 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Thanks for the warning will be sure to stay out of the way.
JobeyV likes this.
alan j. is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (02-07-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-07-2017), JobeyV (02-08-2017), melbrod (02-07-2017)
post #6258 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Big Dog
 
Ixi7311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 146
Location: Dallas, TX
Dogs Name: Morgynn-
Titles: -
Dogs Age: 14months
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Ixi7311's Gallery
Thanks: 34
Thanked 486 Times in 116 Posts
                     
Send a message via AIM to Ixi7311
I can't understand calling us snowflakes for caring about sexism, racism, etc but then working themselves up in a tizzy about starbucks holiday cups, Hamilton, SNL, etc.

But then again, I found this and had to share:


"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."—Christopher Morley
Ixi7311 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ixi7311 For This Useful Post:
CRDobe (02-07-2017), Fitzmar Dobermans (02-07-2017), missabaldwin (02-12-2017)
post #6259 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,828
Location: Virginia
Dogs Name: Anne [Dobermann]
Titles: TV Watching Companion III, K9 Nosework Dog in training
Dogs Age: Anne-Born 7-26-08
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit GRAYGHOST's Gallery
Thanks: 12,725
Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,095 Posts
                     
Liberals, always good for a laugh.

What sexism, what racism, what etc.?


You can't be for big government,big taxes, and big bureaucracy and still be for the little guy.

___________Ronald Reagan
JobeyV likes this.

Last edited by GRAYGHOST; 02-07-2017 at 01:44 PM.
GRAYGHOST is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRAYGHOST For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (02-07-2017), JobeyV (02-08-2017)
post #6260 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,955
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 66,160
Thanked 55,899 Times in 17,769 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Concepts like “microaggression", "cultural appropriation", "free speech (unless it’s from those you disagree with)"--all speak to a limited capacity to deal with the ambiguities of adult life. When I hear the word “snowflakes”, I unfortunately think of our university students who are being indoctrinated with these ideas--and making them their own.

Perhaps it’s a minority of university students who are making such idiots of themselves, but it is a loud minority determined to shout down ordinary young people just trying to prepare themselves for the world outside of the education system where they have spent almost all of their entire lives. Allowing such a minority free reign because of...what? Fear of naming them for what they are? Positive press coverage of their riots? Cowering public officials? Ignorance of the past?

Call Trump a Nazi all you like--but in reality, it is these violent young people (and the adults who encourage them) who are acting like the Brownshirts of Hitler’s regime.

They’d be burning books if that were relevant these days...but unfortunately their concept of communication is limited to the smart phone, internet indoctrination sites and the protest sign (and a few bashes over the heads of those who “just don’t get it”).

(Says the person making this statement on an internet forum )
Beaumont67 likes this.

Last edited by melbrod; 02-07-2017 at 03:05 PM.
melbrod is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-07-2017), Beaumont67 (02-08-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-07-2017), JobeyV (02-08-2017)
post #6261 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Big Dog
 
Ixi7311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 146
Location: Dallas, TX
Dogs Name: Morgynn-
Titles: -
Dogs Age: 14months
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Ixi7311's Gallery
Thanks: 34
Thanked 486 Times in 116 Posts
                     
Send a message via AIM to Ixi7311
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
Concepts like “microaggression", "cultural appropriation", "free speech (unless it’s from those you disagree with)"--all speak to a limited capacity to deal with the ambiguities of adult life. When I hear the word “snowflakes”, I unfortunately think of our university students who are being indoctrinated with these ideas--and making them their own.

Yes, there are people that over exaggerate events; I can think of videos of so-called "feminists" that get offended by getting asked out or those that hate white people getting dreadlocks. Both of these are absolutely stupid. That being said, microaggressions are real. They are subtle jabs at whatever you might be. On a personal level, I get people talking to me like I don't understand English and dumb things down because they think I can't understand big words just because of the colour of my skin and the fact that I speak Spanish(I can also converse relatively fluently in French and stumble through Japanese to some extent but either one of those languages don't get a similar response when I speak them in public.) That is a microaggression and stuff like that happens on a daily basis, even from those that don't consider themselves racist. It's hard to catch if it isn't directed at you but it does sting and it definitely exists. At least by pointing them out, people might think twice before saying or doing something pointlessly stupid. And it's not just one group of people that do this, it's everywhere and from every race, religion, etc.


Cultural appropriation is a questionable topic. I think as long as it's not offensive to someone's culture, I think people have to let things slide sometimes. While I don't understand the big deal of having non-black people in cornrows or dreads when the opposite is fine or getting annoyed when someone dresses in poncho and sombrero for Halloween. But I DO understand the appropriation crowd getting angry when black face is involved and when sacred Native American headdresses are worn thoughtlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
Perhaps it’s a minority of university students who are making such idiots of themselves, but it is a loud minority determined to shout down ordinary young people just trying to prepare themselves for the world outside of the education system where they have spent almost all of their entire lives. Allowing such a minority free reign because of...what? Fear of naming them for what they are? Positive press coverage of their riots? Cowering public officials? Ignorance of the past?

Call Trump a Nazi all you like--but in reality, it is these violent young people (and the adults who encourage them) who are acting like the Brownshirts of Hitler’s regime.

They’d be burning books if that were relevant these days...but unfortunately their concept of communication is limited to the smart phone, internet indoctrination sites and the protest sign (and a few bashes over the heads of those who “just don’t get it”).

(Says the person making this statement on an internet forum )

No one is calling Trump a Nazi here, please don't put words into our mouths that we haven't said.


I am in the marches as long as they are for something. I will not defend those that use violence because I think violence is pointless and only hurts the cause. While I found the anti-Trump marches pointless after his inauguration, I do respect those that marched for woman's rights. I respect those that marched in the pro-life march in DC despite being pro-choice myself. It is a matter of making sure your voice is being heard, regardless of what side you're on and not making fun of the other side.


This doesn't apply if it's offensive. A KKK rally is going to be criticized due to the hate it generates, similarly to the faux BLM marches that have signs promoting cop-killing and faux feminist marches with man-hating signs. Hate is hate is hate, regardless of who it is directed to and should be spoken against by all, regardless of who you voted for.


As for the burning of books and our methods of communication comment, that's extraordinarily offensive as most young people, myself included, have a passion for reason and logic. Yes, most media is extremely biased. Liberal media will forever be liberal slanted and republican media will always be republican slanted. I for one try to stay off of both of the crazy ends(DailyKos, Crook&Liars, AlterNet, etc for the left ; Breitbart, WorldNetDaily, Blaze, etc for the right) but even then, I try to read both sides of the media to get fair information. And whether that's from a mobile phone or dinosaur computer from the 90s, it's going to be the same information.


At least we're not trying to deny global warming or other proven scientific facts....from credible, educated experts in their fields...

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."—Christopher Morley
Ixi7311 is offline  
post #6262 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,955
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 66,160
Thanked 55,899 Times in 17,769 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
Concepts like “microaggression", "cultural appropriation", "free speech (unless it’s from those you disagree with)"--all speak to a limited capacity to deal with the ambiguities of adult life. When I hear the word “snowflakes”, I unfortunately think of our university students who are being indoctrinated with these ideas--and making them their own.

Perhaps it’s a minority of university students who are making such idiots of themselves, but it is a loud minority determined to shout down ordinary young people just trying to prepare themselves for the world outside of the education system where they have spent almost all of their entire lives. Allowing such a minority free reign because of...what? Fear of naming them for what they are? Positive press coverage of their riots? Cowering public officials? Ignorance of the past?

Call Trump a Nazi all you like--but in reality, it is these violent young people (and the adults who encourage them) who are acting like the Brownshirts of Hitler’s regime.

They’d be burning books if that were relevant these days...but unfortunately their concept of communication is limited to the smart phone, internet indoctrination sites and the protest sign (and a few bashes over the heads of those who “just don’t get it”).

(Says the person making this statement on an internet forum )
I think you took my comment more personally than I meant--see the parts I put in red to define exactly who I was talking about. The violent ones--you have said you are a peaceful protestor.

Not putting words in YOUR mouth either with the Nazi comment--but you can’t deny that there are those out there who do call Trump a Nazi--and the book burning comment refers to what happened during the Nazi regime--I put the group of folks trying to shut down free speech in the same category.

Microaggression occurs, yes, but probably all people have heard some comments directed against them that they could interpret in a bad way. I have, and just shrug them off as ignorant folks being stupid...and surround myself with folks who are more simpatico. Some of it seems a bit over-sensitive to me, when there are such large abuses going on in this world--treatment of women and gays in some parts of the Middle East, circumcision of women in Africa...Compared to that, we have it good.

I agree about the things you label as offensive (black face, things religious to one group being cheapened by misuse)--but the phrase "cultural appropriation" to me means things like “can’t serve tacos in a multicultural university because those are hispanic, can’t wear cornrows if you’re white (you mentioned that one), can’t sing the blues if you’re not black.....”

I don’t even understand the fuss about team mascots--People pick a mascot because they admire something about it--strong, fierce (in the context of sports), never gives up...whatever. It always seemed to me that that was a compliment. Maybe a simplistic idea of a culture...but it’s sports, after all. Not noted for any depth of thinking.

Last edited by melbrod; 02-07-2017 at 09:09 PM.
melbrod is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-07-2017), Beaumont67 (02-08-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-07-2017), JobeyV (02-08-2017)
post #6263 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,828
Location: Virginia
Dogs Name: Anne [Dobermann]
Titles: TV Watching Companion III, K9 Nosework Dog in training
Dogs Age: Anne-Born 7-26-08
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit GRAYGHOST's Gallery
Thanks: 12,725
Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,095 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixi7311 View Post
.




No one is calling Trump a Nazi here, please don't put words into our mouths that we haven't said.

Many signs/individuals in the marches and on TV have called President Trump, his cabinet appointees, and his supporters Nazis




At least we're not trying to deny global warming or other proven scientific facts....from credible, educated experts in their fields...
Many real climate experts disagree with the so called global warming/climate change (the climate has always changed). When temperatures are accurately measured there is no warming. Of course Al Gore became a millionaire from his lies on the subject, but none of his predictions came true. Still waiting for the 20 foot rise of the oceans. It is also getting more difficult (as real ,observable science advances) to defend evolution.


We are not in a world ungoverned by the laws and power of a superior agent. Our efforts are in his hand and directed by it; and he will give them their effect in his own time.

_________Thomas Jefferson, letter to David Barrow, May 1, 1815
GRAYGHOST is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GRAYGHOST For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-07-2017), Beaumont67 (02-08-2017), JobeyV (02-08-2017)
post #6264 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Alpha
 
Fitzmar Dobermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,920
Location: S. E. Pennsylvania
Dogs Name: Harvard, Jezebel, & Mabel
Titles: AKC CH & GrCh, RN, CGC & CGCA
Dogs Age: 12/20/07, 2/26/12, and 2/26/18
Gallery Pics: 13
Visit Fitzmar Dobermans's Gallery
Thanks: 3,852
Thanked 19,321 Times in 4,276 Posts
Images: 13
                     
Click here to find out how Fitzmar Dobermans became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYGHOST View Post
Many real climate experts disagree with the so called global warming/climate change (the climate has always changed). When temperatures are accurately measured there is no warming. Of course Al Gore became a millionaire from his lies on the subject, but none of his predictions came true. Still waiting for the 20 foot rise of the oceans. It is also getting more difficult (as real ,observable science advances) to defend evolution.


We are not in a world ungoverned by the laws and power of a superior agent. Our efforts are in his hand and directed by it; and he will give them their effect in his own time.

_________Thomas Jefferson, letter to David Barrow, May 1, 1815
Science is not a liberal Conspiracy

Mary Jo Ansel
Fitzmar


AKC GRCH/UKC CH Fitzmar's Command A Minute CGC "Harvard"
Fitzmar's Victory Hop Devil RN CGC "Jezebel"
Jalyn One Moment Please "Mabel"
RIP CH. Cha-Rish A Moment Like This RN WAC CGC "Louise" 2/22/2005 - 4/1/2016
Fitzmar Dobermans is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fitzmar Dobermans For This Useful Post:
CRDobe (02-08-2017), ZenChari (02-11-2017)
post #6265 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,955
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 66,160
Thanked 55,899 Times in 17,769 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixi7311 View Post
At least we're not trying to deny global warming or other proven scientific facts....from credible, educated experts in their fields...
And a bit of a nit-picking quibble over this one. There are facts--measurable data that you question and test over and over again, trying to account for any errors in measurement that could be occurring, and trying to be as accurate as possible.

And then there is the theory that scientists (and others) come up with to explain the facts. That theory should be able to predict future happenings accurately if they include all the factors involved in the phenomenon.

The idea of Global Warming is a theory...I’m not saying that it is not the best way to explain what we are seeing. But we do need to be careful that we don’t get so invested in this theory that we are not willing to change our ideas if more facts show up that don’t fit, or if the predictions based on this theory do not pan out.

For some people who don’t agree with the idea of “Global Warming” (oops, I guess the term they’re using now is “Climate Change”), they are disputing the facts--there have been some measurement errors that we know of, as well as cherrypicking of the data to prove a point. That sows doubt in some people’s minds...who do they believe? Scientists can be just as susceptible to fads as other folks, and all of us try to squash the things we see into our idea of the world.

Others don’t agree with the theory of Global Warming--with the hypothesis of why what we see is happening. Is it man influenced or is it a natural variance of the earth’s climate over millennia?

And still others say “OK, we’re willing to admit that there is climate change occurring--but is it something we can really affect? Would possible solutions be too disruptive of people’s lives and cultures, or too expensive for the gains that could be made? Can we really change enough to make a difference?”

And they all get lumped together into "stupid non-believers”.

I can see *some* validity in all those stances.
1. I’m not entirely sure the data have been properly vetted for all possible sources of error.
2. I don’t know whether we have taken into account the earth's (and sun’s) natural cycles in forming our theories. Or if we’ve focused on measuring CO2 levels too much (certainly there have times when the CO2 level on the earth has been MUCH higher than it is now, and plants' optimal growth occurs at higher CO2 levels than what we see now) or whether there are other emissions we should be measuring to get the facts to base our theories on.
3. I also don’t know if we can really effectively do anything about changing our civilization so that harmful changes do not occur. Where do we draw the line in terms of the human costs in making that change?

I would rather see, in addition to the obvious focusing on making a cleaner environment, some research and money being spent in adapting to what may end up being a warmer earth--developing more drought and heat-resistant food crops, for example, and working with various cultures so that they use fewer water-hungry crops in their diet, or less energy-consuming harvesting methods, effectively changing our cultivation of crops to being less destructive of our environment. To me, that is an area we haven’t put many resources into because we’re too busy arguing about the “theory” of climate change.

Last edited by melbrod; 02-07-2017 at 09:37 PM.
melbrod is online now  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-08-2017), allisonJ (02-07-2017), Beaumont67 (02-08-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-07-2017), JobeyV (02-08-2017)
post #6266 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:44 AM
nutsaboutmydobes
 
JobeyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,122
Location: England
Dogs Name: Trooper. (Eddie, Amber & Homer all RIP)
Titles: Trouble, sock thief, PITA
Dogs Age: 15-3-11 (Eddie 1999-2009, Amber 1997-2011, Homer 2005-2012)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit JobeyV's Gallery
Thanks: 4,930
Thanked 4,316 Times in 1,637 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYGHOST View Post
Liberals, always good for a laugh.

What sexism, what racism, what etc.?

Exactly.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer on that.

I assume they are bleating on about Trump's temporary ban on people entering your nation from countries that are a hot bed of terrorism. A list, I may add, that was drawn up by Obama.

That's not racism, that's common sense.

You only have to look at the state that Europe is in. Do not allow yourself to be taken down that road.


Ixi7311,

Do you think you Liberals have a monopoly on compassion?

We on the right can be compassionate too.

I have plenty of compassion. For those who deserve it.

I'll save my compassion for the 100s of thousands of babies aborted every year in the US.

I'll save my compassion for the wheelchair bound rape victim in Sweden who was told she didn't fight hard enough to stop herself being gang raped by "refugees".

I'll save my compassion for the 100's of women who were sexually assaulted by " refugees" in Cologne in 2015 .

I'll save my compassion for the innocents in Syria who have been killed by Obama's drones.

I'll save my compassion for the victims of the Orlando terror attack.

I'll save my compassion for the victims of the terror attack in Nice, France.

I'll save my compassion for the victims of the Boston marathon bomber.

I'll save my compassion for Lee Rigby who had had his head hacked off by Islamic extremists on the streets of London.

I'll save my compassion for the Yazidi women & girls forced into sexual slavery at the hands of ISIS.

I'll save my compassion for the numerous gay people thrown to their deaths from the tops of buildings by the savages of ISIS.

I'll save my compassion for the victims of the Tunisia terror attacks in 2015.

I'll save my compassion for the 10 year old girl tortured to death in Mosul by the Al Khansaa brigade. Her crime? Daring to step outside her front door without a male presence.

I'll save my compassion for the young female victims of the Rotherham UK sex abuse scandal at the hands of Muslims that our Govt shamefully tried to cover up.

I don't see you Liberals protesting & rioting on the streets about any of these atrocities, you're more concerned with flapping your gums about a few comments your President made & the fact he is trying to protect your borders. SMDH.
GRAYGHOST and Beaumont67 like this.

JobeyV is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JobeyV For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (02-08-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-08-2017)
post #6267 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,828
Location: Virginia
Dogs Name: Anne [Dobermann]
Titles: TV Watching Companion III, K9 Nosework Dog in training
Dogs Age: Anne-Born 7-26-08
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit GRAYGHOST's Gallery
Thanks: 12,725
Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,095 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzmar Dobermans View Post
Science is not a liberal Conspiracy
???????????????????????
GRAYGHOST is offline  
post #6268 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Big Dog
 
Ixi7311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 146
Location: Dallas, TX
Dogs Name: Morgynn-
Titles: -
Dogs Age: 14months
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Ixi7311's Gallery
Thanks: 34
Thanked 486 Times in 116 Posts
                     
Send a message via AIM to Ixi7311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobeyV View Post
Exactly.


I assume they are bleating on about Trump's temporary ban on people entering your nation from countries that are a hot bed of terrorism. A list, I may add, that was drawn up by Obama.


That's not racism, that's common sense.

You only have to look at the state that Europe is in. Do not allow yourself to be taken down that road

Just because you aren't being targeted doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hate crime has gone up since Trump was nominated. You might have voted for him because of his economic policies and willfully ignored or didn't care about his hateful rhetoric but it has given many the confidence to act on their hate.


And I wouldn't have minded the ban had countries have truly sent terrorists into our country on it but when it decides to ignore them, which may or may not have anything to do with the fact that Trump and other several bigwigs have financial interests in said countries, I can't take the ban seriously. And the fact that he said he would give Christians preference is clear bigotry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JobeyV View Post
Ixi7311,

Do you think you Liberals have a monopoly on compassion?
We on the right can be compassionate too.
I have plenty of compassion. For those who deserve it.
That's the difference between you and I. I don't have to 'save' my compassion for just the cases you mentioned. Because ALL victims deserve compassion, regardless of where they come from.

I am pro-choice but I understand that some people are against abortion, but what about compassion for the raped women who are forced to have children because abortion is denied to them? What about compassion in giving aid to struggling single moms who can't afford to feed, cloth, or provide adequate health care for their children. I think we're better off providing better sexual education in schools and access to birth control because THAT is what has been proven to lower abortion rates, not criminalizing it. The only thing criminalizing abortions does is cause more women to die from unsafe abortions.

Yes, we should definitely have compassion for the sexual assault worldwide by all types of people, but what about compassion for the thousands of sexual assault victims in campuses across America where their sexual assault isn't taken seriously enough. Or those in the military who have been sexually assaulted.

Yes, please have compassion for the 16yr old kid Obama had killed by drone, but you should also have compassion for that boy's 8yr old sister that Trump had killed in the same manner just last week.

Yes, have compassion for the Pulse victims and the gay people thrown to their deaths in other countries, but what about compassion for those in this country that are fired because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Or those killed for using the restroom of their choice. Or those LGBT children forced by their parents to go to electro-shock "therapy" simply for being who they are.

By all means, have compassion for the victims of the terror attack in Nice or Boston, but please have the same compassion for the families of Sandy Hook, Aurora, and Charleston shootings.

Have compassion for the those tortured and killed by Islamic extremists. But also consider the victims from the mosque shooting in Canada. And the victims of the sharp rise of attacks against Muslims and trans* people this past year in the US.

I can't say I've heard about the Rotherham sex abuse scandal but my heart goes out to those victims, the same way I care about the all the victims of the police/military sex scandals that are frequently covered up in the US.

And while I'm not out protesting foreign acts in the streets here, mostly because those should be conducted in the countries that they've occurred in, I have participated in LGBT activist groups that help LGBT refugees that might've been killed in their countries because of their sexuality. I have donated money and time to prepare care packages for victims of sexual assault and rape in other countries. I personally knew one of the victims in the Pulse attack and helped send condolence packages to her family as well as other families that were affected. I have volunteered at LGBT youth homeless shelters for those thrown out by their "Christian" families after they've come out.


What have you done to help?

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."—Christopher Morley
Ixi7311 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ixi7311 For This Useful Post:
Fitzmar Dobermans (02-09-2017)
post #6269 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,257
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 6,712
Thanked 8,346 Times in 2,618 Posts
Images: 1
                     
a good read!

https://virginiafreemen.com/2017/02/06/inevitable/

''The election most are so upset over is proof positive that a segment of America feels very attacked and very marginalized, and over the last eight years has not only showed up to the voting booth but showed up to the gun store as well. I don’t pretend to be able to read the tea leaves.''
GRAYGHOST likes this.
alan j. is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
GRAYGHOST (02-08-2017)
post #6270 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,955
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 66,160
Thanked 55,899 Times in 17,769 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Quote Ixi7311:
"I am pro-choice but I understand that some people are against abortion, but what about compassion for the raped women who are forced to have children because abortion is denied to them? What about compassion in giving aid to struggling single moms who can't afford to feed, cloth, or provide adequate health care for their children.”


Many pro-life folks put the phrase "except in cases of rape or incest” and “the health of the mother” into their statements against abortion. Rape or incest apparently (looking at results from a number of studies) account for around 1% of all abortions. Perhaps some women (kids, probably) don’t want to admit to rape or incest, which if admitted would push those numbers higher. But in the studies and stats I’ve seen--rape or incest, physical health of mom, fetal abnormalities would still remain the reason for a very small number of abortions.

In this set of figures (and there are many other stats that are similar):

The state of Florida records a reason for every abortion that occurs within its borders each year. In 2015, there were 71,740 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it.
.001% The pregnancy resulted from an incestuous relationship
.065% The woman's life was endangered by the pregnancy
.085% The woman was raped
.288% The woman's physical health was threatened by the pregnancy
.294% The woman's psychological health was threatened by the pregnancy
.666% There was a serious fetal abnormality
6.268% The woman aborted for social or economic reasons
92.330% No reason (elective)


Abortion is being used primarily as a form of birth control.


Struggling single moms with children? True, many of them are in their place because of divorces and a slimy guy who ran off on them without paying child support.

But the others? Their choice came when they decided to have sex...if a woman is not prepared mentally, financially, or physically to face a pregnancy and the child that results from it, then she shouldn’t be having sex. Even if she is using birth control, there is still a fairly large chance that she could get pregnant within a year (birth control fails something like 15% of the time, depending on the method used, and whether or not it was used correctly). If a woman wants to claim to be adult enough to engage in sex, she should be adult enough to be prepared to take on the responsibilities and consequences that come with it.

Compassion, yes, innocent kids are involved here, and probably moms who are sorry they made the choices they did (though multiple children from a never married single mom implies multiple bad choices). But a number of these women would not be in the situation they are in without their willing participation at the beginnings of those children. It’s a shame the kids have to suffer for poor decisions that were made by their moms.
GRAYGHOST and JobeyV like this.

Last edited by melbrod; 02-08-2017 at 12:57 PM.
melbrod is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-08-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-08-2017), sandy2233 (02-09-2017)
post #6271 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Big Dog
 
Ixi7311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 146
Location: Dallas, TX
Dogs Name: Morgynn-
Titles: -
Dogs Age: 14months
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Ixi7311's Gallery
Thanks: 34
Thanked 486 Times in 116 Posts
                     
Send a message via AIM to Ixi7311
Abortions are definitely not used as a method of birth control in most cases. It is expensive and a difficult decision even for the most pro-choice of people. Even if the statistics quoted are real, the no explanation given people can easily fall into any of the previous categories.

I had a miscarriage when I was younger. I was 12weeks along and when they gave me a pill to induce labour, the fetus was already almost a week dead. They still had to consider it an 'abortion' because of the pill given to me as my body didn't force it out naturally. I've known four other women that have had similar situations. We are abortion statistics despite not having what most people would consider an abortion.

Also, when it comes to sex, a lot of us don't want children and we sure as hell don't want to be blamed for being healthy human beings with healthy sex drives. I am on two different types of birth control and my partner will have a vasectomy and we do not want to have children for a large variety of reasons including probable inheritable diseases from him we prefer to avoid and the fact we'd rather be childless and enjoy our lives without them. Despite being an adult and technically being prepared to deal with a child, I am not going to be shamed for having an active sex life with my fiancé and not wanting children. If there was any way to avoid it permanently, I would but out of the multitude of gynecologists I've talked to, not one is willing to help me get an elective hysterectomy unless I am over 40 or have at least two children, despite several conditions on my side not limited to PCOS and a familial history of uterine cancer because of 'the wonders of being a mother'.

And can we please stop blaming solely the mothers? If abortions become illegal, the first thing that should be done is making males just as responsible for the child as the women because it take two to make a baby and men should be just as responsible for their kids. This means auditing them more often(I've heard of men quitting their jobs in lieu of jobs that pay under the table to get around having the government take money from them for child support and finding other loopholes around it)

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."—Christopher Morley
Ixi7311 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ixi7311 For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-08-2017), melbrod (02-08-2017)
post #6272 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Eschew Prolixity
 
melbrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,955
Location: Colorado
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanks: 66,160
Thanked 55,899 Times in 17,769 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
"And can we please stop blaming solely the mothers? If abortions become illegal, the first thing that should be done is making males just as responsible for the child as the women because it take two to make a baby and men should be just as responsible for their kids. This means auditing them more often(I've heard of men quitting their jobs in lieu of jobs that pay under the table to get around having the government take money from them for child support and finding other loopholes around it)”

I certainly agree with you there. Make sure dads pay their fair share even now, let alone if abortions become illegal. But then what do you do with a dad who wants the unborn baby and a woman who doesn’t want to carry it? Dads should pay child support for all those kids of his floating around--but then should he get some kind of parental rights to the fetus too??? A legal mess and a no-win situation.

I’ve seen similar statistics in all kinds of studies--I can sure see that they could be wrong, because they have to rely on what the woman tells them is the reason for an abortion, and a number of those studies are old (different times for sure) but they all seem to say basically the same thing.

Anecdotally, because you say you and other women you’ve known have had to had procedures labeled as abortions that weren’t really, here’s my anecdote from the other side I knew this, rather stupid, or extremely mixed-up anyway, young person who got pregnant 4 times, hoping THIS TIME, the boyfriend (same guy) would marry her. He refused--she got an abortion. I don’t guess that is technically using abortion as a method of birth control, though......I guess you could call it her back-up plan. If that weren’t available, would she risk a pregnancy?

On the other side, would you want someone like that to have the responsibility of raising a child? I occasionally think of her and wonder--if she finally does decide she wants a child, will she even be able to carry it to full term after that many abortions?

I worked at a Catholic hospital who seemed to do an awful lot of "D&C’s"--I always wondered whether some of those were abortions being called by another name to get around the system.


If you don’t want a child, you don’t want one--I can sympathize with every one of your reasons and I think you’re right there. Sounds like you’ve taken as many precautions as you possibly can (stupid doctors who talk down to women “Oh sweetie pie, you don’t REALLY want to NEVER be able to have a child do you? You might change your mind when you get a little older.” Do they talk the same way to a young guy who wants a vasectomy, I wonder?) But you *could* take care a baby if you had to or maybe arrange for an adoption (your decision there is where we might come down on different sides--though genetic concerns are certainly something that would take a lot of soul-searching).

It’s the irresponsible folks who don’t think of consequences, so they don’t make any plans and end up with abortion as their only option...and who think that it is a perfectly OK way to deal with their pregnancy, that I rail against. I rail against a society that encourages women (and those men back there applying pressure) to think that way, because to me--once you’re pregnant, there is another life there who should be treated with respect. To me, it’s the group in society who want to categorize abortion as equivalent, and as normal as any other way of preventing unwanted children, that is so wrong. The normalizing of abortion is the part that really bothers me.

Adoption could be a great answer, but from what I’ve heard, our adoption system is as messed up as our immigration system is. We certainly could do more to make our adoption system work better, so that would be another option women could have.

Last edited by melbrod; 02-08-2017 at 08:00 PM.
melbrod is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
GRAYGHOST (02-08-2017)
post #6273 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,008
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 55,639
Thanked 23,437 Times in 9,009 Posts
                     
Global Warming is About Destroying Capitalism?
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...ng-capitalism/

A shocking statement was made by a United Nations official Christiana Figueres at a news conference in Brussels. Figures admitted that the Global Warming conspiracy set by the U.N.’s Framework Convention on Climate Change, of which she is the executive secretary, has a goal not of environmental activists to save the world from ecological calamity, but to destroy capitalism. She said very casually:

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution.”


She even restated that goal ensuring it was not a mistake: “This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history.”

I was invited to a major political dinner in Washington with the former Chairman of Temple University since I advised the University with respect to its portfolio. We were seated at one of those round tables with ten people. Because we were invited from a university, they placed us with the heads of the various environmental groups. They assumed they were in friendly company and began speaking freely. Dick Fox, my friend and Chairman of Temple, began to lead them on to get the truth behind their movement. Low and behold, they too admitted it was not about the environment, but to reduce population growth. Dick then asked them, “Whose grandchild are we trying to prevent from being born? Your’s or mine?”

All of these movements seem to have a hidden agenda that the press helps to misrepresent all the time. One must wonder, at what point will the press realize they are destroying their own future?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exposed:
How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4XrsE1dWa

- The Mail on Sunday can reveal a landmark paper exaggerated global warming
- It was rushed through and timed to influence the Paris agreement on climate change
- America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration broke its own rules
- The report claimed the pause in global warming never existed, but it was based on misleading, ‘unverified’ data

By DAVID ROSE FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
PUBLISHED: 22:57 GMT, 4 February 2017 | UPDATED: 15:12 GMT, 5 February 2017

Retired NOAA data scientist John Bates claimed in a blog post that his boss, then-director of the National Centers for Environmental Information Thomas Karl, 'constantly had his 'thumb on the scale'
Data Science,Climate and satellites Consultant John J Bates, who blew the whistle to the Mail on Sunday

The Mail on Sunday today reveals astonishing evidence that the organisation that is the world’s leading source of climate data rushed to publish a landmark paper that exaggerated global warming and was timed to influence the historic Paris Agreement on climate change.

A high-level whistleblower has told this newspaper that America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) breached its own rules on scientific integrity when it published the sensational but flawed report, aimed at making the maximum possible impact on world leaders including Barack Obama and David Cameron at the UN climate conference in Paris in 2015.

The report claimed that the ‘pause’ or ‘slowdown’ in global warming in the period since 1998 – revealed by UN scientists in 2013 – never existed, and that world temperatures had been rising faster than scientists expected. Launched by NOAA with a public relations fanfare, it was splashed across the world’s media, and cited repeatedly by politicians and policy makers.

But the whistleblower, Dr John Bates, a top NOAA scientist with an impeccable reputation, has shown The Mail on Sunday irrefutable evidence that the paper was based on misleading, ‘unverified’ data.

It was never subjected to NOAA’s rigorous internal evaluation process – which Dr Bates devised.

His vehement objections to the publication of the faulty data were overridden by his NOAA superiors in what he describes as a ‘blatant attempt to intensify the impact’ of what became known as the Pausebuster paper.

His disclosures are likely to stiffen President Trump’s determination to enact his pledges to reverse his predecessor’s ‘green’ policies, and to withdraw from the Paris deal – so triggering an intense political row.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Climate change whistleblower alleges NOAA manipulated data to hide global warming ‘pause’
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...noaa-manipula/

Former federal climatologist John Bates blasts 2015 NOAA study as other scientists defend its conclusions

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Sunday, February 5, 2017

The climate change debate went nuclear Sunday over a whistleblower’s explosive allegation that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association manipulated data to advance a political agenda by hiding the global warming “pause.”

In an article on the Climate Etc. blog, John Bates, who retired last year as principal scientist of the National Climatic Data Center, accused the lead author of the 2015 NOAA “pausebuster” report of trying to “discredit” the hiatus through “flagrant manipulation of scientific integrity guidelines and scientific publication standards.”

In addition, Mr. Bates told the Daily [U.K.] Mail that the report’s author, former NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information director Thomas Karl, did so by “insisting on decisions and scientific choices that maximized warming and minimized documentation.”

SEE ALSO: NOAA agrees to review scientist’s claim that data manipulated to discredit warming ‘pause’

“Gradually, in the months after [the report] came out, the evidence kept mounting that Tom Karl constantly had his ‘thumb on the scale’ — in the documentation, scientific choices, and release of datasets — in an effort to discredit the notion of a global warming hiatus and rush to time the publication of the paper to influence national and international deliberations on climate policy,” Mr. Bates said Saturday on Climate Etc.

The June 2015 report, “Possible artifacts of data biases in the recent global surface warming hiatus,” which updated the ocean temperature record, was published six months before the U.N.’s Paris summit.

The accusations sparked a fierce back-and-forth Sunday between so-called climate warmists and skeptics over the validity and implications of Mr. Bates‘ claim, which he defended on the Climate Etc. blog run by former Georgia Tech climatologist Judith Curry.

=========================================

No Canadian Carbon Tax - sign the petition - taxpayer.com‎

FEDERAL: NO FEDERAL CARBON TAX

Click here for printable version.
https://www.taxpayer.com/resource-ce...pContentId=154

To Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Environment Minister Catherine McKenna:

Your government’s plan to impose a “pan-Canadian carbon framework” – a carbon tax - on any province that refuses to do so itself will be an unfair hit to Canadian families, businesses and rural communities.

With potential costs of up to $2,569 per year for the average Canadian family by 2022, the carbon tax will also increase the price of food and clothing, and will mean lost jobs and struggling or bankrupt businesses.

The carbon tax will hit rural Canadians particularly hard, where driving is a necessity.

Our economy is fragile and the last thing it needs is yet another tax.

We the undersigned call on the Government of Canada to scrap the federal carbon tax.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 02-08-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-08-2017), GRAYGHOST (02-09-2017)
post #6274 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:09 AM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,008
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 55,639
Thanked 23,437 Times in 9,009 Posts
                     
MORE MYTH BUSTED: Yes, Hitler Was a Socialist Liberal

Quote:
A favorite tactic employed by leftists is to describe the Nazis as “right wing,” with Adolf Hitler, their leader, as the grand leader of this “right wing” movement. Rewriting history is pretty common for leftists, as their history is littered with injustice (the KKK was founded by Democrats, did you know?). Injustices they claim to fight against today. Awkward.

But thanks to this nifty thing called “history” in combination with “the internet,” we can bust this myth once and for all. Thoroughly. Or until a leftist insists on ignoring it. Then we’ll hold them down and tape their eyes open. Just kidding, that’s only what a leftist would do. For those who’d rather watch this column in video form, there’s one below. For those who prefer reading, yuck. But scroll down.

Adolf Hitler wasn’t “right wing.” If you take nothing else from this post, just remember Hitler was a socialist. With terrible facial hair. There’s an easy way to remember it, too. NAZI stands for National Socialist German Workers‘ Party. Associate it with blunt mustaches.

What does National Socialist German Worker’s Party mean? Glad you asked. Is it different from “Democratic socialism”? Only in semantics. A Democracy is mob rule, which is why America is actually a constitutional, representative republic, NOT a democracy. A representative republic protects the minority from the majority, whereas a democracy is the rule of the majority. Leftists get caught up in words, getting tripped up over “National Socialism” as opposed to “Democrat Socialism.” But it’s just that. Semantics. So when Hitler ginned up hatred for the Jews, he could get the mob to agree with him. He could get the mob to believe him. There were no representatives to stop Hitler. He was one man helming the desperation of a majority of people. Spot the difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VybWkpt_3Jo
http://louderwithcrowder.com/myth-bu...alist-liberal/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Antifa = New Nazi party?
Study: 92% of ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protesters in Europe Still Live With Their Mom

An overwhelming majority of violent “Antifascist” protesters still live with their mom, according to a new study.

Research found that 92% of those suspected of violent crimes at Left-leaning demonstrations still share their home with their parents.

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/study...ith-their-mom/

^^ Just glad the young basement dwellers, didn't win the election...LOL
- so protesting seems like the ill-minded thing to do now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inaugural Protesters: Just Pass the Potatoes

Caroline Camden Lewis · Jan. 21, 2017
https://patriotpost.us/opinion/47015

In contrast to the beautiful, patriotic inauguration ceremony yesterday that honored our military, our country and our people, hate-mongering protesters vandalized, shouted and sought to stir up dissension in our nation’s capital.

What is wrong with these people?

I did not vote for Obama either time, and in fact I cried both times he was elected. I had no “safe space” on my college campus, nor did I seek out Obama voters to yell at them or bash their cars. Sometimes your team doesn’t make it to the Super Bowl. But you accept it and you move on.

There was a time, not too long ago, when we were all on the same team. We had shared ideals and goals, shared hopes and dreams, shared concepts of duty and honor. We shared a culture.

We may have not come from the same backgrounds, but we loved the same country. We may not have agreed on everything, but we knew how to dialogue. We could distinguish friend from foe, enemy from ally and we acted accordingly. We knew the difference between strength and tyranny, between offensive and defensive. We knew how to protect, we knew how to cherish, we knew how to love.

Somewhere along the way, we lost this. We lost civility. We lost ideals. We lost kindness. We lost love.

Replaced with an entitlement to be angry, bitter and resentful, we became self-focused narcissists who saw the world only one way. We filtered our news, our music, and our preferences, straining out the things that were uncomfortable for us and replacing them with constant entertainment. We stopped having to listen to anyone other than ourselves. The ties that bound us as a people frayed away and everybody applauded it as individualism or a way to celebrate our differences. Those who feared conformity created new ways to be different, but also new ways to alienate us from one another. Now we live on islands of our own making: lonely and desperate, but filled with only the things that we like.

Yet when the winds change and our personal island is no longer filled with all of our own toys, we feel that we have the right to lash out irrationally, to fight, to rebel, to vandalize, and to throw a fit in front of the whole world.

This is what has happened to our country. Promoted by the leftist media, politicians and celebrities, the vandalizing protesters in our country have lost the ability to actually have a conversation. Instead they break things: the law, windows, and the hearts of their fellow citizens.

People continue to refer to the “hateful” election cycle of 2016 as if all of these divided feelings and emotions came out of nowhere. Yet 2016 revealed not so much a divided culture as a divisive culture. It is divisive along the lines of labels, issues and tensions promoted by the Left for the purpose of disunity.

The chronic protesting of the past three months should be the final referendum on the leftist sham vision of “unity.” They do not want unity. They want division. They promote (and in many cases pay) protesters. They rip apart our country, our military, our history and our way of life, exploiting any argument as a reason for the unraveling of our culture. Whether they emphasize race, gender, gender-identity, religion or socio-economic background, they continue to return to a myriad of labels to divide us instead of emphasizing the one label that unites us: American.

While there will always be issues we need to work on as a nation, we must approach these in sensible, non-violent ways. The Left has revealed that it is incapable of doing so. Reaching across the aisle has never meant smashing a window.

Unity will not happen until we clearly see truth and falsehood for what they are. Unity will continue to elude us until we realize that there is no “right” to be evil or to do evil things. Unity will never be our reality until we recognize the leftist façade of lies that purposefully pit brother against brother.

Our country is a family. And not everyone in the family agrees on everything all the time. Yet talking about how divided and disunified we all are doesn’t help anything. In fact, it makes it worse. And America, like any other family, has to learn to stop yelling and to just pass the potatoes.
GRAYGHOST likes this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 02-09-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
GRAYGHOST (02-09-2017)
post #6275 of 6863 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,008
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 55,639
Thanked 23,437 Times in 9,009 Posts
                     
White House Drops Huge Bomb That Destroys 9th Circuit Ruling

With the 9th Circuits travel ban ruling being based on lack of evidence of terrorists coming from the countries listed on the executive order, the White House has released a list containing 24 refugees who came from the 7 countries that have been charged with terrorism. One of the terrorists even served as a US translator for the military!

From The Washington Standard:


The White House has just released a list to Fox News containing the names of 24 REFUGEES who came from the 7 COUNTRIES affected by Trump’s TRAVEL BAN, and have been charged with TERRORISM!

This effectively exposes all of Obama’s intentional lies which he spewed in a desperate attempt to cover-up the shocking truth that we now know definitely and beyond any doubt…


Trump has been right all along…

America has had no choice but to listen to the whining brats of the liberal left as they complain about President Donald Trump’s “unfair” travel ban. Unfortunately for liberals who were protesting last night, Trump just dropped a massive bomb on their heads – and it should shut them up for good.

The entire ordeal actually began back when Barack Obama was in office as he loosened our border security and allowed virtually anyone into this country who was merely willing to go for a walk. However, that reality has put our nation in a tough spot in regards to those illegally in our country.

Although Obama has been lying to our nation, saying there’s nothing to worry about in terms of those coming in, this has most recently been proven false. In fact, shocking news broke as liberals were protesting Trump’s temporary travel ban – and boy does it prove them wrong.

Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DCFrBir-LM

Read more: (Link: http://thewashingtonstandard.com/ / http://donaldtrumppotus45.com/2017/0...ircuit-ruling/ )
GRAYGHOST likes this.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 02-10-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
GRAYGHOST (02-11-2017)
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome