I sold RAW meat pieces and prepacked doggy TV dinners ($5.00/lb.) a decade ago.
- I stopped that side of my part time pet food business, only after a 6 month trial
- even our former Amy didn't enjoy the taste much / but she was also spoiled on human food bits
- Amy was feed premium kibble & organic treats, 95% of her entire life
- she outlived the statistical breed average, by 2.2 years
- on holistic kibble, Amy's coat was always shinny / she didn't even have dog breath or BO
I support others RAW feeding, if one knows how to keep it balanced enough...with vitamins, supplements, etc.
- one just doesn't buy a 20# box of chicken legs, and that's all their is to feed it...much to learn
So I stick to an expensive kibble diet and prefer Canadian made brands / eg. large TX kibble plant, has lots of recalls.
- Holistic & Organic type kibbles (human grade meats, no corn fillers or by-products, etc.) have been more available finally (in the last decade) / making a quality kibble diet much easier now