Originally Posted by Brandy&Melanie View Post
Argh, all I want is a couple days without a post changing! I've never had to take the posts off because she easily rips the skin bond glue out
of her ear like it's nothing, so while I am cleaning up the posting supplies I usually see her quickly shake it off. I also have noticed that the Zonas tape is not sticky at all and falls off pretty fast
when I just lay it on the ear and squeeze.
e the bent tip, she bent the backer rod at the top, but stands straight now.
- forgive the Beau, from re-posting this photo / she is cute, as a little princess,,,
Wife is the poster in this family - few things we learned, may help others. a
) it was always a new challenge for use / 24 years between puppy #1 & #2 and a 12 year gap before pup #3 posting b
) foam backer rod, much better than using tampons
- Kelly had one ear chanal smaller than the other, so bottom of one foam rod and to be trimmed to insert (down into ear) c
) bridge tape use should be 6 weeks maximum / eventually causing ear tips to touch...taking 2-3 months to correct
- bridge tape is also too restrictive / without it, pup will exercise its ear muscles & rotate ears, on strange noses d
) we never use zip ties / gorilla tape wrapped foam gives rod sufficient stiffness e
) White Zonas tape lacks stickiness & Vet wrap loosly applied and squeezed in place, holds the white tape, in place f
) we never-ever used skin bond glue
^^ I believe that is causing your pup ears to itch, non-stop / and results in the head shaking, until the posts come off. FUNNY
- former Amy at 10 weeks young / learned to run under the oak end table, and bust her posts out...so we had to post, set her down, and tell her "No-No girl, you leaving them in"
. Mom would post & Dad would block entry under end table end, for a moment...
...and say "No-No" to any head shaking, in first 5 minutes.
Sorry my Post #5 was written wrong...got the tapes mixed up. Step 1
- Johnson & Johnson Zonas
porous tape / white Step 2
- Vet Wrap (PetFlex
)...but not too tight, or circulation restricted / holds the Zonas tape in place
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
We got the ear posting tapes, in USA - hard to find locally:
a) Johnson & Johnson Zonas porous tape / white https://naturesfarmacy.com/zonas-tape.html
b) Vet Wrap (PetFlex) / but not too tight, don't cut off circulation ... Call Us 770-284-8969 / naturesfarmacy
- in multiple colors & patterns (4" wide rolls best)
- sorry, not seeing a link for it...awesome product though