Join Date: Sep 2007
Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6 Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanked 56,732 Times in 17,943 Posts
Announcement: New Dobermantalk Library!!
New and Improved! DT List of Recommended Books
We are soliciting help from all DT members.
We are organizing a list of books recommended by DTers, which will become a thread/section in the Doberman archives and a valuable resource for us all. We're looking for your recommendations of books about dogs, but that’s not quite all we need from you. This is what you can do:
First, post on this thread the title and author/s. Then pick a categories from those below where you think the book fits—you’ve read the book, we may not have, so we'd like to rely on you for that.
Additionally, if you would like, you could give your rating of from one to five stars for the book; if you’re very ambitious, you can post a short blurb/discussion (two or three sentences) of what you think makes the book special, or what it has to offer to DTers. Also, if at any time, you see a book already on the list that you would like to rate or review—feel free to post it on this thread.
Here are the categories:
• Basic General Dog books
• Specific Doberman breed books
• Health and Feeding
• Breeding/Puppy Raising
• Obedience and Household Living Skills
• Fun Tricks and Games for Your Dog
• Problem Behavior Management
• Dog Psychology and Interactions with People
• Rescue/Shelter/Specific Behavior Concerns With the Adopted Dog
• Search and Rescue, Military and Law Enforcement
• Service and Therapy Dogs
• Conformation Showing
• Obedience for Competition
• Protection Sports (European and American)
• Other Sports—rally, agility, fly ball, dock diving, tracking, etc.
• Doberman Publications
So far, many of the above categories are empty--please give us more titles to make our library list more well-rounded and comprehensive.
We will create a link to DT using a tool developed by LibraryThing--this tool is really neat with lots and lots of features. Using this tool, we will be able to:
1. Transfer your recommendations to a categorized list giving title, author and your rating (We think a DT rating would be more valuable than the rating we can pull off of Amazon or another book list—DT knows more!).
2. On the same page or a following page, include your comments about the book. Again, I think DT's reviews and ratings are worth more, 'cause we know more.
3. Additionally, link each book to its appropriate sales page with Amazon, which has Amazon's reviews and ratings.
We think you will enjoy using DT's list of books and having easily-available recommendations of good dog books from your fellow DT members.
Alisande and Melbrod
Last edited by melbrod; 09-10-2010 at 09:56 PM.