Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0 Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanked 24,681 Times in 9,225 Posts
I have had 3 dobes since 1977...all different.
Tanya was medium prey drive.............super smart
Amy was soft prey drive...............human smart / understood real threat, always a thinker // she had superb filters and used Logic.
Kelly was super high prey drive (off the map).....red zone switch, as a young puppy
- extremely had to flick off, for 10 weeks old
- slow to train & change behavior // brain logic shuts off, when she got ramp'ed up
^^ FM Kelly at 10 weeks old & sons little 8# Male YorkiePoo (Trevor @ 6 years old)...both Alpha dogs.
- both wanted to fight (Trevor was the size of a cat) // and little dog grew up with previous Amy...perfect together
- Kelly dried to injure little Trevor, when doberman pup was 5 months old
- took 1.5 years, before Kelly and little T-Man would sleep together
- we supervised 24/7 when little dog was over..for first few years
- now perfect together (Kelly is 7 and Trevor is 13 y/o), in our no-crate & free roam home // but we LAID THE LAW DOWN
- so we had one OPPOSITE SEX AGGRESSION (O-S-A)
Temperament Evaluation (Low - Medium - High) is Key to accessing RISK, in a multiple dog home.
------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Last edited by Beaumont67; 01-08-2020 at 10:17 PM.