I'm saying good-bye to Gretchen (somewhat) - Page 2 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums
Doberman Related Chat If your post does not fit into any other category post here.

 40Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Alpha
 
Fitzmar Dobermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,909
Location: S. E. Pennsylvania
Dogs Name: Harvard, Jezebel, & Mabel
Titles: AKC CH & GrCh, RN, CGC & CGCA
Dogs Age: 12/20/07, 2/26/12, and 2/26/18
Gallery Pics: 13
Visit Fitzmar Dobermans's Gallery
Thanks: 3,841
Thanked 19,270 Times in 4,265 Posts
Images: 13
                     
Click here to find out how Fitzmar Dobermans became a supporter
Everyone is different, and at least you are finding her a really good home - what does her breeder think?

I've had multiple non champions and non breeders in my home - Jezebel is one of them. I keep a maximum of 3 dogs in my home - but prefer having two (which is what I have right now). There may come a time when I will rehome a dog, but I'm not there yet. So far every dog I've had has been a forever dog...... so for that reason, I'm not breeding or showing right now because I'm not ready for another dog. There also comes a time in every dogs life where their show career is over, and they are spayed or neutered. There would have to be a seriously compelling reason for me to rehome a dog at that point (like big time fighting with another dog.... and even then I worked around it). When I neutered my Harvard at age 7, it would have been like tearing my heart out to rehome him because he was not showing or breeding anymore. He will be 9 this month and is laying by my feet right now.

Mary Jo Ansel
Fitzmar


AKC GRCH/UKC CH Fitzmar's Command A Minute CGC "Harvard"
Fitzmar's Victory Hop Devil RN CGC "Jezebel"
Jalyn One Moment Please "Mabel"
RIP CH. Cha-Rish A Moment Like This RN WAC CGC "Louise" 2/22/2005 - 4/1/2016
Fitzmar Dobermans is offline  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fitzmar Dobermans For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (12-02-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Dobe_Mom (12-02-2016), Elzajpn (12-06-2016), engstrom (12-02-2016), greenkouki (12-02-2016), HarvestMoon (12-03-2016), Jazi (12-02-2016), kaloric (12-04-2016), MeadowCat (12-02-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
Advertisement
 
post #27 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Alpha
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 443
Location: Plano, TX

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit engstrom's Gallery
Thanks: 649
Thanked 711 Times in 307 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_Red View Post
If you think I should keep Gretchen and have her watch the door as I leave with the other dogs is where she will be happiest then you can believe that.
That's a little like saying "Would Gretchen be happiest rehoming her or having me push her off a cliff?". Those aren't the only two choices. Why is having her watch the door as you leave with other dogs the only other choice to rehoming her?

Yeah, I don't know you. Nor do I understand how anyone who has a commitment to and bond with their dog could put the dog in another home when they have the choice to alter their own life in order to put their dog first.
engstrom is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to engstrom For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (12-02-2016), Brandy&Melanie (12-02-2016), Caleb Cox (12-03-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-02-2016), Dobe_Mom (12-02-2016), JobeyV (12-02-2016), Kansadobe (12-05-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
post #28 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Alpha
 
RMcIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 529
Location: Havana Florida
Dogs Name: CH Merrimac's Reflection v Brachmar GCH Merrimac's Mirage For Mi Casa (Mikki)

Gallery Pics: 6
Visit RMcIntyre's Gallery
Thanks: 608
Thanked 1,124 Times in 377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
how many ever had their parent tell them when they were growing up "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? How come people once they become adults don't see the need to apply that?
RMcIntyre is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMcIntyre For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (12-02-2016), TallStef (12-02-2016)
Advertisement
 
post #29 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Living la Vida Loca!
 
Coco Loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,311
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Dogs Name: Sugar Dec 31/18 Coco RIP Apr 16/09 to Dec 21/18
Titles: Heart healer
Dogs Age: Baby boy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Coco Loco's Gallery
Thanks: 14,106
Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,889 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcIntyre View Post
How many here posting negative actually know Karen??? This is one of the problems with boards like this. While very useful information can and is posted, When someone disagrees rather then just understanding that we all have different opinions the reaction is more like sharks at the smell of blood. I was told from a few mods when I became rather outspoken that this wasn't that type of board and needed to phrase things better. Does a person ever have the right to reassess things in their life and change direction with out being called a hypocrite? If it is ok for an established breeder why is it not ok for someone else?
Before anyone ever jumps to conclusions no I haven't ever gotten rid of a dog. I have gotten a "show prospect" that never dropped. I kept him till he died on the Dr.'s table trying to remove a tumor at almost 12. But I don't stand in judgment of someone who doesn't. I have 4 dogs at my house and room for more and am able to show 3 of the 4. The fourth one is larger then breed standard. A German Shepherd. Everyone's circumstances are different. What if her money is more limited then mine or her time. Maybe how much room she has, What then? Does she have to drop all her goals because G cannot attain the level that she wants? Or is she allowed to asses where she is at and try a different avenue?
No I don't know her nor do I feel like I can be compared to a shark. I rarely post on here nowadays. I prefer to lurk and read.

But lately there have been lots of posts about what should I do with my puppy/dog and everyone always comments about the poster going to a byb and not doing research and being ill prepared blah blah blah. I'm not saying I disagree with this because I was educated on this forum and it was a slap in the face when I learned I supported a byb because I really didn't know.

So when a long time poster who has given people the gears for buying from a byb, says what is posted in this thread, it got me hot because to me it is hypocrisy and I have a right to diplomatically and respectfully state my opinion as I did. I actually commended her for not breeding Gretchen and committing to having her spayed.

I am not a breeder nor will I ever be but we are all entitled to our opinions on here.



Kin's Sweet Revenge aka Sugar December 31/18

Coco Loco RIP April 16/09 to December 21/18

Last edited by Coco Loco; 12-02-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Coco Loco is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coco Loco For This Useful Post:
alan j. (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-02-2016), Dobe_Mom (12-02-2016), engstrom (12-02-2016), greenkouki (12-02-2016), JobeyV (12-02-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
post #30 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Owned by Dobes since 1975
 
Darkevs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 30,675
Location: BC, Canada!
Dogs Name: Charlie & Naughty Dottie!
Titles: BDIH & BND
Dogs Age: 7 3/4 & 3
Gallery Pics: 46
Visit Darkevs's Gallery
Thanks: 86,447
Thanked 50,157 Times in 19,284 Posts
Images: 46
                     
i think my original post was misunderstood by GR and 4X4.



Hugz to Gretchen the dog.
Gretchen_Red likes this.

Last edited by Darkevs; 12-02-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Darkevs is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkevs For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (12-02-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), JobeyV (12-03-2016)
post #31 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Alpha
 
RMcIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 529
Location: Havana Florida
Dogs Name: CH Merrimac's Reflection v Brachmar GCH Merrimac's Mirage For Mi Casa (Mikki)

Gallery Pics: 6
Visit RMcIntyre's Gallery
Thanks: 608
Thanked 1,124 Times in 377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
No I don't know her nor do I feel like I can be compared to a shark. I rarely post on here nowadays. I prefer to lurk and read.

But lately there have been lots of posts about what should I do with my puppy/dog and everyone always comments about the poster going to a byb and not doing research and being ill prepared blah blah blah. I'm not saying I disagree with this because I was educated on this forum and it was a slap in the face when I learned I supported a byb because I really didn't know.

So when a long time poster who has given people the gears for buying from a byb, says what is posted in this thread, it got me hot because to me it is hypocrisy and I have a right to diplomatically and respectfully state my opinion as I did. I actually commended her for not breeding Gretchen and committing to having her spayed.

I am not a breeder nor will I ever be but we are all entitled to our opinions on here.
And not every one is equally as well mannered. I didn't single anyone out but could see the way it was headed.
RMcIntyre is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RMcIntyre For This Useful Post:
Coco Loco (12-02-2016)
post #32 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:56 PM
nutsaboutmydobes
 
JobeyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,122
Location: England
Dogs Name: Trooper. (Eddie, Amber & Homer all RIP)
Titles: Trouble, sock thief, PITA
Dogs Age: 15-3-11 (Eddie 1999-2009, Amber 1997-2011, Homer 2005-2012)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit JobeyV's Gallery
Thanks: 4,930
Thanked 4,316 Times in 1,637 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_Red View Post
I've given back to this breed in the last 2.5 years then most people have in their entire lives owning Dobermans.

That's a pretty arrogant statement to make considering some on here have been in the breed for 40 or 50 years.


I'll tell you what I've given to the breed in the last 17 years. I've given a loving forever home to 4 beautiful unwanted dobes that people like you dumped in rescue because they didn't fit into their lives or plans any more. I made a commitment to my boy that I wouldn't do to him what his 3 previous owners did & that he would be with me til the very end.

I guess I just don't understand why Gretchen should be tossed to one side because you want to work/show other dogs. Why can't you put your plans on hold & honour the commitment you made to her when you bought her. You're not doing what's best for her you're doing want you want & trying to justify it.

JobeyV is offline  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JobeyV For This Useful Post:
alan j. (12-02-2016), Beaumont67 (12-02-2016), Brandy&Melanie (12-02-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Cressrb (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-02-2016), Dobe_Mom (12-02-2016), Elzajpn (12-06-2016), engstrom (12-02-2016), greenkouki (12-02-2016), HarvestMoon (12-03-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
post #33 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Living la Vida Loca!
 
Coco Loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,311
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Dogs Name: Sugar Dec 31/18 Coco RIP Apr 16/09 to Dec 21/18
Titles: Heart healer
Dogs Age: Baby boy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Coco Loco's Gallery
Thanks: 14,106
Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,889 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcIntyre View Post
And not every one is equally as well mannered. I didn't single anyone out but could see the way it was headed.
I respect your statement and am aware of how things can go south here quickly but so far I don't see anyone being hateful and inappropriate.

The truth hurts sometimes and what I see is a lot of rationalization and justification for a decision being made.

I wish Gretchen the best future possible because all dogs deserve that and that is our responsibility to them.
Cressrb likes this.



Kin's Sweet Revenge aka Sugar December 31/18

Coco Loco RIP April 16/09 to December 21/18
Coco Loco is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coco Loco For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (12-02-2016), Bluedobie (12-03-2016), Darkevs (12-02-2016), engstrom (12-02-2016), JobeyV (12-02-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
post #34 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Gretchen_Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,449
Location: Denver
Dogs Name: Gretchen and Maverick
Titles: CGCA, RE, RATN and Supreme bed destroyer
Dogs Age: 21 mo and 6mo.
Gallery Pics: 14
Visit Gretchen_Red's Gallery
Thanks: 7,127
Thanked 5,310 Times in 2,138 Posts
Images: 14
                     
I am very much ok with people having their opinions and thinking I'm a hypocrite, you're probably close to right, I think most people are hypocrites at some point in life. Although I believe there's a major difference in posting an ad on Craigslist, or dumping her off at a shelter or willy nilly finding someone to "take her off my hands" and making a slow transition to a new well thought out home, where she will still be coming over my house regularly, but maybe that's me looking at the bright side.

No I haven't contacted the breeder, I own Gretchen outright and I would NEVER allow her to go back to them, EVER.
Gretchen_Red is offline  
post #35 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Gretchen_Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,449
Location: Denver
Dogs Name: Gretchen and Maverick
Titles: CGCA, RE, RATN and Supreme bed destroyer
Dogs Age: 21 mo and 6mo.
Gallery Pics: 14
Visit Gretchen_Red's Gallery
Thanks: 7,127
Thanked 5,310 Times in 2,138 Posts
Images: 14
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobeyV View Post
That's a pretty arrogant statement to make considering some on here have been in the breed for 40 or 50 years.


I'll tell you what I've given to the breed in the last 17 years. I've given a loving forever home to 4 beautiful unwanted dobes that people like you dumped in rescue because they didn't fit into their lives or plans any more. I made a commitment to my boy that I wouldn't do to him what his 3 previous owners did & that he would be with me til the very end.

I guess I just don't understand why Gretchen should be tossed to one side because you want to work/show other dogs. Why can't you put your plans on hold & honour the commitment you made to her when you bought her. You're not doing what's best for her you're doing want you want & trying to justify it.
EXCUSE ME?!?

I wasn't referring to ANYONE on this forum when I made that statement.

I've NEVER dumped a dog off at a rescue or a Shelter, although I've taken plenty in and will continue to do so. This was a well thought out plan to make the transition as slow as possible so her second home starts feeling like her first home.

I can't put my plans on hold, I'm under obligations to Mavs breeder to show and work him. Mav's breeder who understands why I'm doing what I'm doing. And the reason I'm NOT tossing G. to the side to show other dogs is why I'm rehoming her. I could easily keep G. I could easily have 4 dogs in my house and I'm actually quite fine in slowing down on my goals, the slower you go the more time you have to learn. I'll say it a million times this is for Gretchen. Believe it if you want or don't. There's been many times I've convinced myself to keep her and my breeder friends bring back the reality of if she will be happy. It's ok for a dog to be happier somewhere else, although hard to hear and think about, it's still a reality.
Gretchen_Red is offline  
post #36 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:19 PM
nutsaboutmydobes
 
JobeyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,122
Location: England
Dogs Name: Trooper. (Eddie, Amber & Homer all RIP)
Titles: Trouble, sock thief, PITA
Dogs Age: 15-3-11 (Eddie 1999-2009, Amber 1997-2011, Homer 2005-2012)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit JobeyV's Gallery
Thanks: 4,930
Thanked 4,316 Times in 1,637 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcIntyre View Post
how many ever had their parent tell them when they were growing up "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? How come people once they become adults don't see the need to apply that?
So we're all supposed to shut up because we happen to disagree with her decision? Last time I looked there was still this thing called freedom of speech.

You obviously haven't been here long. I've seen no end of newbies torn to shreds in threads in the time I've been here. Should a long time poster be immune to criticism when newbies seem to be fair game?

JobeyV is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JobeyV For This Useful Post:
alan j. (12-02-2016), Beaumont67 (12-02-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-03-2016), missabaldwin (12-03-2016), Rosemary (12-02-2016)
post #37 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Alpha
 
RMcIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 529
Location: Havana Florida
Dogs Name: CH Merrimac's Reflection v Brachmar GCH Merrimac's Mirage For Mi Casa (Mikki)

Gallery Pics: 6
Visit RMcIntyre's Gallery
Thanks: 608
Thanked 1,124 Times in 377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
coco when a person says something is ok for a breeder but not ok for someone else. I don't agree with double standards for anyone. It becomes attacks when it becomes personal. A person can disagree with out calling someone a hypocrite. Just because you don't understand or even disagree with a person's line of thinking doesn't make them wrong. None of us know all the circumstances in each other's life. Why? Because it isn't any of our business. Therefore each of us know very limited information about the subject.
RMcIntyre is offline  
post #38 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Alpha
 
RMcIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 529
Location: Havana Florida
Dogs Name: CH Merrimac's Reflection v Brachmar GCH Merrimac's Mirage For Mi Casa (Mikki)

Gallery Pics: 6
Visit RMcIntyre's Gallery
Thanks: 608
Thanked 1,124 Times in 377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Joey I'm 54 and I have been also seen new persons reamed. but you haven't seen me involved in it. I rather try to work at things from the positive side. I see nothing good coming out of attacking people with any kind of insults. What positive do you think is going to happen or result from insulting someone? Or do you think maybe calmly rationally appealing to some one in a kind way so they feel like they are talking to a friend instead of a critic would work better?
4x4bike ped likes this.
RMcIntyre is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RMcIntyre For This Useful Post:
Chesa (11-30-2017)
post #39 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:29 PM
nutsaboutmydobes
 
JobeyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,122
Location: England
Dogs Name: Trooper. (Eddie, Amber & Homer all RIP)
Titles: Trouble, sock thief, PITA
Dogs Age: 15-3-11 (Eddie 1999-2009, Amber 1997-2011, Homer 2005-2012)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit JobeyV's Gallery
Thanks: 4,930
Thanked 4,316 Times in 1,637 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_Red View Post
EXCUSE ME?!?

I wasn't referring to ANYONE on this forum when I made that statement.
So who were you referring to then?

JobeyV is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JobeyV For This Useful Post:
Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Dobe_Mom (12-02-2016)
post #40 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Living la Vida Loca!
 
Coco Loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,311
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Dogs Name: Sugar Dec 31/18 Coco RIP Apr 16/09 to Dec 21/18
Titles: Heart healer
Dogs Age: Baby boy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Coco Loco's Gallery
Thanks: 14,106
Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,889 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcIntyre View Post
coco when a person says something is ok for a breeder but not ok for someone else. I don't agree with double standards for anyone. It becomes attacks when it becomes personal. A person can disagree with out calling someone a hypocrite. Just because you don't understand or even disagree with a person's line of thinking doesn't make them wrong. None of us know all the circumstances in each other's life. Why? Because it isn't any of our business. Therefore each of us know very limited information about the subject.
OK I see now you're coming for me.

Personally I have never made a comment about being ok with a breeder rehoming a dog so please don't lump me into that category.

You're right it's none of my business. So why post it on an Internet forum for the world to see and expect to receive only accolades about your decision? That's not logical to me and I'm a very logical person. So now it's on the Internet forum that I have been a member of for years and I have a right to comment on this thread.

I never pretend to be perfect and have been a hypocrite at times in my life. The difference is that I own my **** and I take responsibility very seriously to all living, breathing creatures be that human or animal.

The bottom line is again.....i have the right to respectfully and diplomatically express my opinion on here when someone posts a thread.



Kin's Sweet Revenge aka Sugar December 31/18

Coco Loco RIP April 16/09 to December 21/18
Coco Loco is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coco Loco For This Useful Post:
Darkevs (12-03-2016), engstrom (12-03-2016), JobeyV (12-02-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
post #41 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:35 PM
nutsaboutmydobes
 
JobeyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,122
Location: England
Dogs Name: Trooper. (Eddie, Amber & Homer all RIP)
Titles: Trouble, sock thief, PITA
Dogs Age: 15-3-11 (Eddie 1999-2009, Amber 1997-2011, Homer 2005-2012)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit JobeyV's Gallery
Thanks: 4,930
Thanked 4,316 Times in 1,637 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcIntyre View Post
Joey I'm 54 and I have been also seen new persons reamed. but you haven't seen me involved in it. I rather try to work at things from the positive side. I see nothing good coming out of attacking people with any kind of insults. What positive do you think is going to happen or result from insulting someone? Or do you think maybe calmly rationally appealing to some one in a kind way so they feel like they are talking to a friend instead of a critic would work better?
I've been here nearly 5 years & trust me when I tell you that posters were far more vicious then than they are now. I don't see anyone here being insulting, merely expressing an opinion which last time I looked we were still entitled to do.

JobeyV is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JobeyV For This Useful Post:
alan j. (12-02-2016), Beaumont67 (12-02-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Cressrb (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-03-2016), engstrom (12-03-2016), greenkouki (12-02-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016), Zeblar (12-04-2016)
post #42 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Alpha
 
RMcIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 529
Location: Havana Florida
Dogs Name: CH Merrimac's Reflection v Brachmar GCH Merrimac's Mirage For Mi Casa (Mikki)

Gallery Pics: 6
Visit RMcIntyre's Gallery
Thanks: 608
Thanked 1,124 Times in 377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
OK I see now you're coming for me.

Personally I have never made a comment about being ok with a breeder rehoming a dog so please don't lump me into that category.

You're right it's none of my business. So why post it on an Internet forum for the world to see and expect to receive only accolades about your decision? That's not logical to me and I'm a very logical person. So now it's on the Internet forum that I have been a member of for years and I have a right to comment on this thread.

I never pretend to be perfect and have been a hypocrite at times in my life. The difference is that I own my **** and I take responsibility very seriously to all living, breathing creatures be that human or animal.

The bottom line is again.....i have the right to respectfully and diplomatically express my opinion on here when someone posts a thread.
Coco please no I'm not coming for you. read back on the thread and you will see actually it was a mod that said it. Absolutely nothing was aimed at you.
RMcIntyre is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RMcIntyre For This Useful Post:
Coco Loco (12-02-2016)
post #43 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Living la Vida Loca!
 
Coco Loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,311
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Dogs Name: Sugar Dec 31/18 Coco RIP Apr 16/09 to Dec 21/18
Titles: Heart healer
Dogs Age: Baby boy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Coco Loco's Gallery
Thanks: 14,106
Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,889 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcIntyre View Post
Coco please no I'm not coming for you. read back on the thread and you will see actually it was a mod that said it. Absolutely nothing was aimed at you.
My apologies I thought that was directed at me. Thanks for the clarification.



Kin's Sweet Revenge aka Sugar December 31/18

Coco Loco RIP April 16/09 to December 21/18
Coco Loco is offline  
post #44 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Alpha
 
RMcIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 529
Location: Havana Florida
Dogs Name: CH Merrimac's Reflection v Brachmar GCH Merrimac's Mirage For Mi Casa (Mikki)

Gallery Pics: 6
Visit RMcIntyre's Gallery
Thanks: 608
Thanked 1,124 Times in 377 Posts
Images: 6
                     
Joey all I'm saying is look at your objective. This is supposed to be a help board. One that encourages proper care of Dobermans. Notice the word encourage. that should be positive. Each one of us needs to look at how we present ourselves. I used to come across as a bully. You know what I don't like who I used to be. (neither did others) But that isn't who I am anymore. I sleep much better.
RMcIntyre is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RMcIntyre For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (12-02-2016)
post #45 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Alpha
 
Beaumont67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,974
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanks: 55,459
Thanked 23,259 Times in 8,975 Posts
                     
Reading this I was a little shocked, but not totally surprised.
- there is almost Zero justification, for re-homing, unless one is too old & sick to care properly, for their pet(s)
- dogs are just like children
- we don't get a choice, to select the less than perfect kid, and ship it off to the good neighbors, to raise
- with visitation privileges...Give-Me-aBreak

Now that you have fallen out of Love with Gretchen / don't go onto the next flavor of the month.
- any replacement pups in your household, should be avoided (at all cost) / time to grow up

Until you sort out your own life personally, which may take years / I say this, in a most respectful way.
- your just not ready to expand the pet family
- given your lame duck excuse, for doing so / the good neighbors, might be a better home for your Dobe
- now, that you are tired of your pet choice / given the positive & negatives scorecard
- your boy just might do very well, with a change of environment

Sorry to say !!
- some parents are not meant to have large families &/or multiple dogs (if any)...do whats best for your boy.

------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)

Last edited by Beaumont67; 12-02-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Beaumont67 is offline  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Beaumont67 For This Useful Post:
alan j. (12-02-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-03-2016), Dobe_Mom (12-03-2016), Elzajpn (12-06-2016), engstrom (12-03-2016), HarvestMoon (12-03-2016), JobeyV (12-03-2016), missabaldwin (12-03-2016), Rosemary (12-02-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
post #46 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Gretchen_Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,449
Location: Denver
Dogs Name: Gretchen and Maverick
Titles: CGCA, RE, RATN and Supreme bed destroyer
Dogs Age: 21 mo and 6mo.
Gallery Pics: 14
Visit Gretchen_Red's Gallery
Thanks: 7,127
Thanked 5,310 Times in 2,138 Posts
Images: 14
                     
I am not ditching Gretchen for a new flavor. If you knew her you would know she's about as close to perfect as a dog can get. I love her just as much today as ever. I will ensure that she is taken care of for the rest of her life. And I will have another Puppy.
Gretchen_Red is offline  
post #47 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Gretchen_Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,449
Location: Denver
Dogs Name: Gretchen and Maverick
Titles: CGCA, RE, RATN and Supreme bed destroyer
Dogs Age: 21 mo and 6mo.
Gallery Pics: 14
Visit Gretchen_Red's Gallery
Thanks: 7,127
Thanked 5,310 Times in 2,138 Posts
Images: 14
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe_Mom View Post
Then you are rehoming her because you have decided that you will not breed her and as a result you don't have decided to put your efforts towards a new bitch that you will eventually plan to breed? I can understand that.

You don't have the time for a pet bitch. That is why you have decided to rehome her and you have taken the time to try to find a suitable home for her. That's a better explanation. It's not like a pet bitch couldn't come along to shows or be worked, even if it wasn't for titles.

Priorities change- that's fine.
Actually you can't bring a none competing dog to a show according to AKC rules. I'm not going to leave her in the car. And, although I like that you are ok with that pet bitch reason, that's not my reason for rehoming. I actually went to Nancy and said, "I've thought of a wait to keep G! I'll just spay her and enjoy her!" And we sat down and talked and came to the same decision... She'll be happier being the number one dog in another home.
Gretchen_Red is offline  
post #48 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Living la Vida Loca!
 
Coco Loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,311
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Dogs Name: Sugar Dec 31/18 Coco RIP Apr 16/09 to Dec 21/18
Titles: Heart healer
Dogs Age: Baby boy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Coco Loco's Gallery
Thanks: 14,106
Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,889 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_Red View Post
I am not ditching Gretchen for a new flavor. If you knew her you would know she's about as close to perfect as a dog can get. I love her just as much today as ever. I will ensure that she is taken care of for the rest of her life. And I will have another Puppy.
Do you see how contradictory this statement is? She's a great dog and pretty much perfect but she has to go because no one will let their male sire a litter with her and you will definitely have another puppy.

This is why you get negative responses. Is becoming a breeder that imminently close for you that you can't still have her in your home. I thought it took years and years to become an ethical, reputable breeder? Didn't you say in this thread you've been in dobes for 2.5 years and done more for the breed than most?

I really don't know the answers because I'm not interested in becoming a breeder. I just want to make sure Coco has the best life possible which she does for her entire life with her family who loves her and she loves them.



Kin's Sweet Revenge aka Sugar December 31/18

Coco Loco RIP April 16/09 to December 21/18
Coco Loco is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Coco Loco For This Useful Post:
alan j. (12-02-2016), Beaumont67 (12-02-2016), Brandy&Melanie (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-03-2016), engstrom (12-03-2016), greenkouki (12-02-2016), HarvestMoon (12-03-2016), JobeyV (12-03-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
post #49 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:24 PM
Bazinga!
 
SieYa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,534
Location: Nb, Canada
Dogs Name: Tank and Sienna
Titles: SD-S-SP, SD-S-SP
Dogs Age: 5, 1
Gallery Pics: 8
Visit SieYa's Gallery
Thanks: 14,659
Thanked 11,744 Times in 3,578 Posts
Images: 8
                     
Send a message via Yahoo to SieYa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_Red View Post
I am not ditching Gretchen for a new flavor. If you knew her you would know she's about as close to perfect as a dog can get. I love her just as much today as ever. I will ensure that she is taken care of for the rest of her life. And I will have another Puppy.


You are ditching her. You are throwing her away (regardless of how you choose to word it) because you have come to the conclusion that you cannot breed her. Can't breed her, well now what do you do? Oh wait that's right... responsible people rehome dogs they bought from crappy byb....

You are hilarious. You and your excuses are just like every other irresponsible person who 'rehomes' a dog.
The reality of it is, you've decided you want to be a breeder and g no longer fits in those plans. So get rid of her find a new one to take for a test drive and hope that one works out.
While I think what you're doing is despicable it is likely in g's best interest. If you loved her as much as you claim and she was a perfect as you claim you'd never be able to part with her.
That is the cold hard truth.


I've known no deeper love, than that from my beloved Doberman

Think the crap in your kibble is good? Check it out

http://www.naturalnews.com/Report_pe...edients_2.html
SieYa is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SieYa For This Useful Post:
Bluedobie (12-03-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-03-2016), engstrom (12-03-2016), JobeyV (12-03-2016), kaloric (12-04-2016)
post #50 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Alpha
 
Dobe_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,134
Location: New England
Dogs Name: Jossie, Jessie, Kayla, Mya, Prophet
Titles: GCH, CH, CGC, WAC, CA, CAA
Dogs Age: 9, 6, 3, 2, 18 months
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit Dobe_Mom's Gallery
Thanks: 6,051
Thanked 8,045 Times in 1,807 Posts
Images: 2
                     
LOL everyone brings non competing dogs to all dog events. Happens all the time.

I have in this breed a LONG time. If you have the perfect dog you should keep her. I would give anything to get back all of mine that are gone but not forgotten, even though none of them were perfect.
Darkevs likes this.

Dobe_Mom is offline  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dobe_Mom For This Useful Post:
alan j. (12-02-2016), Beaumont67 (12-03-2016), bleh60 (12-03-2016), Brandy&Melanie (12-02-2016), Coco Loco (12-02-2016), Darkevs (12-02-2016), dobebug (12-03-2016), greenkouki (12-02-2016), HarvestMoon (12-03-2016), JobeyV (12-03-2016), Rosemary (12-02-2016), SieYa (12-02-2016)
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome