Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0 Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanked 23,259 Times in 8,975 Posts
Reading this I was a little shocked, but not totally surprised.
- there is almost Zero justification, for re-homing, unless one is too old & sick to care properly, for their pet(s)
- dogs are just like children
- we don't get a choice, to select the less than perfect kid, and ship it off to the good neighbors, to raise
- with visitation privileges...Give-Me-aBreak
Now that you have fallen out of Love with Gretchen / don't go onto the next flavor of the month.
- any replacement pups in your household, should be avoided (at all cost) / time to grow up
Until you sort out your own life personally, which may take years / I say this, in a most respectful way.
- your just not ready to expand the pet family
- given your lame duck excuse, for doing so / the good neighbors, might be a better home for your Dobe
- now, that you are tired of your pet choice / given the positive & negatives scorecard
- your boy just might do very well, with a change of environment
Sorry to say !!
- some parents are not meant to have large families &/or multiple dogs (if any)...do whats best for your boy.
------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Last edited by Beaumont67; 12-02-2016 at 07:05 PM.