How many weeks did you wait to spay (following a heat)?
Maiya is just finishing her 3rd and final heat. She has gone into season 6 months apart each time.
Two Dobe owners/breeders I know recommended that I have her spayed in 3 months - counting from day 1 of her last heat. They said it could help with spay incontinence.
Last time I took her to the vet, the vet recommended we only wait 6 weeks. She said otherwise you run the risk of her going into heat again. I'm also going to ask the vet we normally see since he wasn't in the day I took Maiya to the clinic but I assume that all the vets at the clinic will have the same recommendation. I will also ask if they will refuse to spay if I do wait 3 months.
My first Dobe was on Proin for most of her life (she was spayed after her first heat). I would like to do everything I can to help avoid spay incontinence. But most of all, of course, I want Maiya to be safe during her surgery.
So...looking for some advice based on your experiences. Thanks.