Join Date: Jul 2014
Dogs Name: Vanya (Miniature Pinscher), Nadia (Doberman Pinscher)
Titles: SD CSAU TT IBAR SPOT CGN
Dogs Age: 17/03/09, 26/02/15
Gallery Pics: 0 Visit Artemis's Gallery
Thanked 2,867 Times in 909 Posts
I love Kansa Dobermans, they create nice balanced dogs that don't fall into any extremes, that win in the show ring and title in working sports, they really do breed for the Total Doberman!
If what you want is a working dog, I'd check out Krieghund Dobermanns they are located in Michigan. Not exactly sure where in Michigan, but definitely midwestern. Their website doesn't seem to work but they're active on their facebook page.
I've never heard of Elitehaus. Checking out her website and spending time digging through her Working-Dog page, there are several things that stand out to me, some I like, some I dislike, some I feel neutral towards. I will list my observations but try to remain neutral and not specify which I like/dislike/no particular feelings. I can expand on these points if you have questions. I also will refrain from commenting on conformation unless you specifically want my opinion.
- Seems aware of the health tests (vWD, Heart, Hips, Elbow) and also tests for more than just those (at a cursory glance I see Thyroid, Liver, Kidneys, Eyes).
- However doesn't seem to be consistent on the amount of tests she does from dog to dog.
- Heart doesn't seem to be 'entirely' tested for (echo + holter) on any of the dogs.
- Bloodlines all over the map.
- In the show line pedigrees I see a lot of repeating dogs and kennel names. Lots of Altobello, in particular.
- Seems to educate herself pertinently with regards to training/canine behaviour.
- She has a lot of dogs.
- She breeds a lot.
- Multiple breeds.
- Unclear if she titles her dogs in confo or buys/imports them already titled in confo venues.
- Says she is a professional trainer and competes in IPO and AKC Obedience and has obtained CDs, BH and SchHA (which is obedience/protection only, no tracking).
- Says she's an evaluator for the CGC however only one of her dogs has a CGC(deceased) and I'd be curious to know why.
- Only has one dobe out of 15 active listed ones to have a working title higher than a BH, a bitch she imported with an IPO1 (but her page mentions they hope to put an IPO2 on her). * she is for sale, but no reason listed why (and she's already had a litter).
- If you expand it to retired and deceased ones that is 2 out of 20 to have an IPO1.
- Only 4 out of the 15 active dobes listed have any work/performance/temperament titles.
- If you expand it to retire and deceased dogs that is 6 out of 20 to have any work/performance/temperament titles.
- None of the German Shepherds listed have any titles.
- No info about the Golden Retriever.
- Has 1 Beauceron bitch for sale, untitled.
- One of the retired studs which was used for breeding is completely untitled.
Regarding this specific mating...
-I'm not too jazzed about the fact that the male's 24-hour holter monitor test is listed as 'Pending'. The results should be known before breeding in my opinion (and this male has been bred before so holter wasn't done prior...). I also am concerned about the fact that on her website his hips are listed as Normal, but if you actually look the dog up on OFA his hips are Fair. This could be a simple error of course, but it is noteworthy... The Cardio results are not listed in OFA so I'd request copies before committing to any puppy. You said you want a working temperament but this dog is not titled in any working or performance venues yet. His pedigree is not a strict working pedigree either so there is no guarantee of consistency in that regard. I see he was also approved for a breeding to Von Rein dobermans which, if you use the forum search, will see isn't exactly ethical...
-The Dam's website page lists her hips as Fair and elbows as normal. OFA confirms this. Props for honesty, however I'd be highly concerned about breeding Fair hips to Fair hips, especially in this breed. It says she is DCM negative for DNA but doesn't specify whether DCM1 or DCM2 and the DNA DCM results tend to often be inaccurate for Euros, especially the older one. No mention of echo or holter. No heart-related results in OFA either. Here too I'd like to see the echo and holter done before the mating (And since she has had two litters before it means the heart was not done before breeding). She lists MSU thyroid results for this bitch on the website but as they haven't been uploaded to OFA, I'd definitely request to see the documents here too. Here too, she is not titled in any performance or working venues.
- I'm not a fan of Altobello in general for multiple reasons (I don't think many people on this forum are). That being said at a cursory glance I like the top half of her pedigree. Not a fan of the bottom half.
Last edited by Artemis; 09-08-2018 at 11:12 AM.