warning for breeders and buyers alike - Page 2 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums
Breeding and Breeders Know a good Breeder? Are you a Breeder? Please post here and let us know

 23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 03:42 PM
ಠ_ಠ
 
falnfenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,371
Location: Baltimore
Dogs Name: Ripley; R.I.P. Deckard
Titles: WAC
Dogs Age: DOB 7/8/13
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit falnfenix's Gallery
Thanks: 16,880
Thanked 13,772 Times in 4,596 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarek17 View Post
A breeder to definitely stay away from is canis Maximus the breeder if you call her that runs a puppy mill in Virginia dogs are very neglected sick, skin problems, unsocialized, smell of feces and urine. This kennel needs to be shut down .
They've tried. She seems to clean up her act just before the inspection hits. Every time.

I am the sea witch. I am the tide you fear and the turning you can't deny. I am the sound of the waves running over your bones on the beach, little man, and I am not amused at finding you on my doorstep.
- the Luidaeg, Chimes at Midnight

DPCA Chapter Club: http://www.mbdpc.net/
Regional rescue: http://www.dobe.net/
falnfenix is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Fitzmar Dobermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,997
Location: S. E. Pennsylvania
Dogs Name: Harvard, Jezebel, & Mabel
Titles: AKC CH & GrCh, RN, CGC & CGCA
Dogs Age: 12/20/07, 2/26/12, and 2/26/18
Gallery Pics: 13
Visit Fitzmar Dobermans's Gallery
Thanks: 3,935
Thanked 19,621 Times in 4,350 Posts
Images: 13
                     
Click here to find out how Fitzmar Dobermans became a supporter
Got a text from the person this post is about today - I have told her to tell her side here...... but I think she mostly just wanted to talk at me. I'm not interested in speaking to her personally...... but told her twice that she can tell her side of the story here.

So, we shall see if she does. I'd like to read what she has to say. I've blocked her on my cell phone.... not sure how she got it.

Mary Jo Ansel
Fitzmar


AKC GRCH/UKC CH Fitzmar's Command A Minute CGC "Harvard"
Fitzmar's Victory Hop Devil RN CGC "Jezebel"
Ch Jalyn One Moment Please "Mabel"
Fitzmar Dobermans is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fitzmar Dobermans For This Useful Post:
MeadowCat (02-12-2018), melbrod (02-12-2018), numby (02-17-2018), ShelianDobe (02-12-2018), TallStef (02-15-2018)
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 01:11 AM
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 85
Location: SE Michigan
Dogs Name: Chyna (2000-2016), Brinks (2009-2018), & Soleil
Titles: Therapy Dog TDI & CGC
Dogs Age: 5 years
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Lyonfuzz's Gallery
Thanks: 120
Thanked 117 Times in 54 Posts
           
If this post is to warn buyers, why can you not tell us the breeder name? I'd like to know as I'm in the market for a pup.
Lyonfuzz is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 12:56 PM
Alpha
 
Kalecho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,842
Location: PA
Dogs Name: Rally, Echo, Twister, Racyn, Quest, Zippy, Rainy
Titles: AKC GCH CH and CD
Dogs Age: 11mo to 10yrs
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Kalecho's Gallery
Thanks: 2,645
Thanked 3,640 Times in 1,142 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzmar Dobermans View Post
Got a text from the person this post is about today - I have told her to tell her side here...... but I think she mostly just wanted to talk at me. I'm not interested in speaking to her personally...... but told her twice that she can tell her side of the story here.

So, we shall see if she does. I'd like to read what she has to say. I've blocked her on my cell phone.... not sure how she got it.
Why didn't you listen to what she had to say instead of blocking her on your cell phone? I don't even understand why this thread was even started except to have something to gossip about.Go ahead, attack me and tell me I'm wrong, I really couldn't care less. This Board was meant to help the breed, not to gossip about people with your negativity. The important thing is that the puppies are in good homes, and well taken care of, it should be about the dogs. I can't believe you renewed this thread. She reached out to you and you shut her down. And I am positive that the other side of the story would have shed new light on this.
ECIN likes this.

Pat Reinhardt
Shadeko Dobermans
AKC GCh Ch Shadeko's When Dreams Come True CD CGC
AKC Ch Shadeko's Twist N Shout
AKC GCh Ch Shadeko's Bringin' On The Heat CD CGC
AKC Ch Shadeko's Friday Night Fright CD
Shadeko's Here Comes The Sun NAP NJP (AKC Ch Pointed)
Kalecho is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kalecho For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-13-2018), ECIN (02-14-2018), Lyonfuzz (02-13-2018)
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 01:41 PM
Alpha
 
Kalecho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,842
Location: PA
Dogs Name: Rally, Echo, Twister, Racyn, Quest, Zippy, Rainy
Titles: AKC GCH CH and CD
Dogs Age: 11mo to 10yrs
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Kalecho's Gallery
Thanks: 2,645
Thanked 3,640 Times in 1,142 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonfuzz View Post
If this post is to warn buyers, why can you not tell us the breeder name? I'd like to know as I'm in the market for a pup.
Hi, there's really nothing to warn buyers about, I believe the puppies have all been placed, the pedigree and health are excellent in the lines, when you buy ask all the important questions about health, longevity and temperament, ask what the breeder does with their dogs as far as competing and titling, make sure all the boxes are checked and you feel good about the breeder and vice versa. If you do your research you won't have to listen to people warning about others whom you have no idea who they are. Hopefully I'm sounding helpful and not snobby nor snitty, if I do sound that way please excuse me because this whole thread gets me angry, it doesn't help anyone.
Lyonfuzz likes this.

Pat Reinhardt
Shadeko Dobermans
AKC GCh Ch Shadeko's When Dreams Come True CD CGC
AKC Ch Shadeko's Twist N Shout
AKC GCh Ch Shadeko's Bringin' On The Heat CD CGC
AKC Ch Shadeko's Friday Night Fright CD
Shadeko's Here Comes The Sun NAP NJP (AKC Ch Pointed)
Kalecho is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kalecho For This Useful Post:
alan j. (02-13-2018), ECIN (02-13-2018), Lyonfuzz (02-13-2018)
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 85
Location: SE Michigan
Dogs Name: Chyna (2000-2016), Brinks (2009-2018), & Soleil
Titles: Therapy Dog TDI & CGC
Dogs Age: 5 years
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Lyonfuzz's Gallery
Thanks: 120
Thanked 117 Times in 54 Posts
           
I don't understand the point of this post. I find this website a great source of information, but when people put up this kind of nonsense, it's like you're just looking to gossip or start drama.....or possibly butthurt that someone besides you is breeding. If you want to be productive and you have actual facts, post the breeder you are speaking of. I don't know you or the breeder, but if I had to guess, I think you are talking about Celestial dobes. who Silaspup posted, and then you lied and said you were not. You had the opportunity to talk with her and get the facts, but instead you blocked her?! None of it makes any sense. This is why people get such a sour taste in their mouths about dobermantalk. I continue to come here because most members are very well informed and willing to share so much to help new buyers/owners so I thank those that have given me the tools to find the right breeder. Maybe you can PM me the breeder you talking about? I have volunteered in rescue for over 20 years and have had 8 rescue dobes during that time. My family and I are looking for our first puppy.....ever
Lyonfuzz is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyonfuzz For This Useful Post:
Kalecho (02-13-2018)
post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Fitzmar Dobermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,997
Location: S. E. Pennsylvania
Dogs Name: Harvard, Jezebel, & Mabel
Titles: AKC CH & GrCh, RN, CGC & CGCA
Dogs Age: 12/20/07, 2/26/12, and 2/26/18
Gallery Pics: 13
Visit Fitzmar Dobermans's Gallery
Thanks: 3,935
Thanked 19,621 Times in 4,350 Posts
Images: 13
                     
Click here to find out how Fitzmar Dobermans became a supporter
I posted this for a breeder - and her talking to me isn't going to help one iota. If she wants people to hear her side of the story, then tell it. I've been told that she threatens people with lawsuits... I felt that her very few texts were going towards threatening and did not feel that that would be good for anyone - so I cut it off.
My email is fairly public being that I'm an officer for Quaker City DPC - my cell phone is not. If she wants to email me her explanation then fine. Very few people have my cell phone - I don't give it out.
I actually have no idea what kennel name she bred under.
This is what I got for doing a favor - I'm done doing favors. I love this breed, but can't stand too many of the people in it. I wonder if other breeds are like this?
Mystic likes this.

Mary Jo Ansel
Fitzmar


AKC GRCH/UKC CH Fitzmar's Command A Minute CGC "Harvard"
Fitzmar's Victory Hop Devil RN CGC "Jezebel"
Ch Jalyn One Moment Please "Mabel"
Fitzmar Dobermans is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fitzmar Dobermans For This Useful Post:
DoodleDobe (02-17-2018), falnfenix (02-15-2018), USMCDoberman (04-25-2018)
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 06:18 PM
Alpha schmalpha
 
alan j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,456
Location: Florida

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit alan j.'s Gallery
Thanks: 7,072
Thanked 9,488 Times in 2,815 Posts
Images: 1
                     
maybe surrogate would be a better term than favor in this situation...live and learn
Kalecho likes this.
alan j. is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to alan j. For This Useful Post:
ECIN (02-14-2018)
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Pocket Doberman!
 
TallStef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 162
Location: East Coast
Dogs Name: Starbuck - Fidelis N' Wingate's Lucky Charm
Titles: Nosebiter Extraodinaire
Dogs Age: DOB 3/13/15
Gallery Pics: 22
Visit TallStef's Gallery
Thanks: 328
Thanked 562 Times in 124 Posts
Images: 22
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalecho View Post
Hi, there's really nothing to warn buyers about, I believe the puppies have all been placed, the pedigree and health are excellent in the lines, when you buy ask all the important questions about health, longevity and temperament, ask what the breeder does with their dogs as far as competing and titling, make sure all the boxes are checked and you feel good about the breeder and vice versa.
There's plenty to warn buyers about.

If this is all true, the breeder in question broke her contracts repeatedly, probably did not do any health testing on the dogs, and is unethical. This person is masquerading as a reputable breeder with champion dogs, but it's living by the code of ethics. They're starting out their relationship with the puppy owner with lies; how much worse do you think it will be 2 years down the road? This is also not a person who treats dogs ethically, if the entire story is true.

Dobes are an easy breed to get hoodwinked on - I know several puppy-owners who have had awful experiences with breeders who seemed, on paper, like they were excellent.
TallStef is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TallStef For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (02-16-2018), DoodleDobe (02-17-2018), falnfenix (02-15-2018), numby (02-17-2018)
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Alpha
 
DoodleDobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
Location: Columbus, OH
Dogs Name: Ari- GoldGrove's Look DuJour and Monkey Protocol's As Good As It Gets
Dogs Age: Ari 7/23/2007- 8/30/2016 Monkey 12/13/2012
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit DoodleDobe's Gallery
Thanks: 1,257
Thanked 957 Times in 244 Posts
Images: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallStef View Post
There's plenty to warn buyers about.

If this is all true, the breeder in question broke her contracts repeatedly, probably did not do any health testing on the dogs, and is unethical. This person is masquerading as a reputable breeder with champion dogs, but it's living by the code of ethics. They're starting out their relationship with the puppy owner with lies; how much worse do you think it will be 2 years down the road? This is also not a person who treats dogs ethically, if the entire story is true.

Dobes are an easy breed to get hoodwinked on - I know several puppy-owners who have had awful experiences with breeders who seemed, on paper, like they were excellent.
Completely agree!! There are waaay too many breeders in the Doberman world who are masquerading as ethical and reputable. People who lie, break contracts, and/or let dogs from their line slip through the cracks into the hands of puppy millers, deserve to be judged and publicly ridiculed. Our breed would be better for it rather than just saying "they have good lines and the puppies are placed" and then moving along.

I totally understand why Fitzmar doesn't want to be the one to name the name. I ran a rescue in Ohio for a decade and oh the stories I could tell! I've been threatened with lawsuits, slander, etc. That seems to be the knee jerk reaction of those who cannot defend their shady practices.
DoodleDobe is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DoodleDobe For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (02-17-2018), Dobe_Mom (02-17-2018), falnfenix (02-17-2018), prairiefire (02-17-2018), TallStef (02-17-2018)
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 08:55 PM
Alpha
 
numby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 206
Location: Rockhampton, QLD, Australia
Dogs Name: Abby & Willow
Titles: Neut CH, Tracking CH, CD, RE, AD, JD (Abby) CH, RN, TD, JD, SPD, ET(Willow)
Dogs Age: both 3 years
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit numby's Gallery
Thanks: 1,263
Thanked 458 Times in 155 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalecho View Post
Why didn't you listen to what she had to say instead of blocking her on your cell phone? I don't even understand why this thread was even started except to have something to gossip about.Go ahead, attack me and tell me I'm wrong, I really couldn't care less. This Board was meant to help the breed, not to gossip about people with your negativity. The important thing is that the puppies are in good homes, and well taken care of, it should be about the dogs. I can't believe you renewed this thread. She reached out to you and you shut her down. And I am positive that the other side of the story would have shed new light on this.
She did the right thing. Talking one on one leads to he-said-she-said scenarios. For the good of the breed this sort of thing ought to be discussed in the open air where all concerned can see it. The right thing for the breeder to do would be to come here and answer for themselves. There are two sides to every story. They should tell theirs from start to finish
numby is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to numby For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (02-17-2018), DoodleDobe (02-17-2018), falnfenix (02-18-2018), TallStef (02-17-2018)
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 11:19 PM
Alpha
 
Kalecho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,842
Location: PA
Dogs Name: Rally, Echo, Twister, Racyn, Quest, Zippy, Rainy
Titles: AKC GCH CH and CD
Dogs Age: 11mo to 10yrs
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Kalecho's Gallery
Thanks: 2,645
Thanked 3,640 Times in 1,142 Posts
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by numby View Post
She did the right thing. Talking one on one leads to he-said-she-said scenarios. For the good of the breed this sort of thing ought to be discussed in the open air where all concerned can see it. The right thing for the breeder to do would be to come here and answer for themselves. There are two sides to every story. They should tell theirs from start to finish
Why? So people can form opinions on what they think is the truth? I think she's been convicted already, it's not fun having people pounce all over you. I've had contracts broken on me and I don't come onto doberman talk and "warn" people. If the dog is in a good home, properly taken care of, I will let it slide most of the time. It's sad for me to get a champion taken away on a dog or bitch that should be finished but it's not life and death. I've said time after time on here for puppy buyers to do their research, Check for health testing and find out what the breeder does with their dogs. If you aren't happy with the breeder then don't buy.
Just FYI I was told the breeding was accidental, so who do you believe? I was told that the owner of the stud dog approved the dog going to rescue because she wouldn't take him back, and that's a far cry from what was said on here. I think she should have talked to her and I think this particular incident should have been left off of dobermantalk. This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Pat Reinhardt
Shadeko Dobermans
AKC GCh Ch Shadeko's When Dreams Come True CD CGC
AKC Ch Shadeko's Twist N Shout
AKC GCh Ch Shadeko's Bringin' On The Heat CD CGC
AKC Ch Shadeko's Friday Night Fright CD
Shadeko's Here Comes The Sun NAP NJP (AKC Ch Pointed)
Kalecho is offline  
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Pocket Doberman!
 
TallStef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 162
Location: East Coast
Dogs Name: Starbuck - Fidelis N' Wingate's Lucky Charm
Titles: Nosebiter Extraodinaire
Dogs Age: DOB 3/13/15
Gallery Pics: 22
Visit TallStef's Gallery
Thanks: 328
Thanked 562 Times in 124 Posts
Images: 22
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalecho View Post
Why? So people can form opinions on what they think is the truth? I think she's been convicted already, it's not fun having people pounce all over you. I've had contracts broken on me and I don't come onto doberman talk and "warn" people. If the dog is in a good home, properly taken care of, I will let it slide most of the time. It's sad for me to get a champion taken away on a dog or bitch that should be finished but it's not life and death. I've said time after time on here for puppy buyers to do their research, Check for health testing and find out what the breeder does with their dogs. If you aren't happy with the breeder then don't buy.

Just FYI I was told the breeding was accidental, so who do you believe? I was told that the owner of the stud dog approved the dog going to rescue because she wouldn't take him back, and that's a far cry from what was said on here. I think she should have talked to her and I think this particular incident should have been left off of dobermantalk. This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
You've obviously formed your opinion of this unnamed person already, possibly through personal acquaintance or friendship. I think, what you haven't realized, is that no one here is trying to change your opinion. We're trying to change the opinion of the thousands of readers who frequent this website each month, people who may think shady stuff like this sounds like a good deal, and might think twice after reading this to do some more research.

I doubt you're at risk of buying an oops puppy that was born out of contract with the original breeders, possibly without health clearances. But lots of other people might jump at this opportunity, and then they could learn from this forum why they shouldn't do something like that, and that a breeder who does those things isn't ethical or well looked upon in the community.
4x4bike ped likes this.
TallStef is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TallStef For This Useful Post:
Kalecho (02-18-2018), numby (02-23-2018)
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 11:59 PM
Big Lil pup
 
4x4bike ped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5,795
Location: Portland, OR
Dogs Name: Foxfire's The Real McCoy (McCoy)
Titles: Pet of the Year
Dogs Age: DOB 9/12/14
Gallery Pics: 9
Visit 4x4bike ped's Gallery
Thanks: 15,185
Thanked 13,688 Times in 4,731 Posts
Images: 9
                     
You know...

This seems to have turned into some kind of pissing match between two PA owners and breeders. How about you all just give it a rest.

I really like reading the well informed comments from both.Yet, this thread has gotten very stale. The points were made and some were taken.

Or... Just keep duking it out, to no avail. LOL

Or... You could come over to the "chicken thread" where everybody beats up on each other daily, but end up away with a smile on their face!

John
Portland OR
4x4bike ped is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4bike ped For This Useful Post:
TallStef (02-18-2018)
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 12:59 PM
jdd
Alpha
 
jdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,149
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Dogs Name: Guilty, Hemi, Paisley,Sofia, Kobe, Maxwell, Piper
Titles: Ch, Ch, Ch
Dogs Age: 5 yrs, 2 yrs, 10 mon., 12 weeks, 12 yrs, who knows, 1 yr
Gallery Pics: 11
Visit jdd's Gallery
Thanks: 959
Thanked 10,727 Times in 2,802 Posts
Images: 11
                     
I was called by the person this is about a couple times. She knew I had issues with a dog with animal aggression so she called me for help. Before all of this mess happened. The first time the male had attacked her horse. She was very upset. The next time he grabbed a kitten and killed it. Then tried to rip the kitten out of her hands once she tried to save it. So yeah, the dog had issues. She had no reason to cal me and make up the problems she had. His breeder didn't take him back but agreed for him to go to rescue rather than be pts. She said the breeding was accidental. I don't think she wanted to breed the dog since he had issues. Can I swear to that? No. But neither can people who are saying ahe did it on purpose. She was trying to find the right home a for the puppies. Was everything done right with the two dogs she bought ? No. But the puppies aren't to blame and why not try to out some I show homes if they were nice enough. I don't know the whole story either. But there are two sides.
jdd is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jdd For This Useful Post:
Kalecho (02-21-2018)
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 01:03 PM
jdd
Alpha
 
jdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,149
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Dogs Name: Guilty, Hemi, Paisley,Sofia, Kobe, Maxwell, Piper
Titles: Ch, Ch, Ch
Dogs Age: 5 yrs, 2 yrs, 10 mon., 12 weeks, 12 yrs, who knows, 1 yr
Gallery Pics: 11
Visit jdd's Gallery
Thanks: 959
Thanked 10,727 Times in 2,802 Posts
Images: 11
                     
I was the one who suggested she call Mary Jo so she could give her side of this story after it was posted here.
jdd is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jdd For This Useful Post:
Kalecho (02-21-2018)
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Fitzmar Dobermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,997
Location: S. E. Pennsylvania
Dogs Name: Harvard, Jezebel, & Mabel
Titles: AKC CH & GrCh, RN, CGC & CGCA
Dogs Age: 12/20/07, 2/26/12, and 2/26/18
Gallery Pics: 13
Visit Fitzmar Dobermans's Gallery
Thanks: 3,935
Thanked 19,621 Times in 4,350 Posts
Images: 13
                     
Click here to find out how Fitzmar Dobermans became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
I was called by the person this is about a couple times. She knew I had issues with a dog with animal aggression so she called me for help. Before all of this mess happened. The first time the male had attacked her horse. She was very upset. The next time he grabbed a kitten and killed it. Then tried to rip the kitten out of her hands once she tried to save it. So yeah, the dog had issues. She had no reason to cal me and make up the problems she had. His breeder didn't take him back but agreed for him to go to rescue rather than be pts. She said the breeding was accidental. I don't think she wanted to breed the dog since he had issues. Can I swear to that? No. But neither can people who are saying ahe did it on purpose. She was trying to find the right home a for the puppies. Was everything done right with the two dogs she bought ? No. But the puppies aren't to blame and why not try to out some I show homes if they were nice enough. I don't know the whole story either. But there are two sides.
I'm glad to hear some of her side, and have encouraged her to post her side here. When we were texting, she quickly started to get a little confrontational, and quite frankly I just decided that I was not going to take the chance. It's possible I over reacted.... but it wasn't worth it to find out. Not when I have been told that she is happy to sue people. I'm only going by what I have heard and the fact that I know the breeders of both dogs. I regret posting this whole thing - it's not something I would normally do. I still personally believe that she probably did most of what I was told she did, but from now on, I'm staying out of it.

Mary Jo Ansel
Fitzmar


AKC GRCH/UKC CH Fitzmar's Command A Minute CGC "Harvard"
Fitzmar's Victory Hop Devil RN CGC "Jezebel"
Ch Jalyn One Moment Please "Mabel"
Fitzmar Dobermans is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fitzmar Dobermans For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (02-20-2018), TallStef (02-21-2018)
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 02:56 PM
jdd
Alpha
 
jdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,149
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Dogs Name: Guilty, Hemi, Paisley,Sofia, Kobe, Maxwell, Piper
Titles: Ch, Ch, Ch
Dogs Age: 5 yrs, 2 yrs, 10 mon., 12 weeks, 12 yrs, who knows, 1 yr
Gallery Pics: 11
Visit jdd's Gallery
Thanks: 959
Thanked 10,727 Times in 2,802 Posts
Images: 11
                     
Its all a mess. Hope the dog lands in a good place. Will never know and really not my problem. Except my dog is behind them. Hopefully the puppies will also be in great homes. All I really know is she called really upset that her daughter's kitten was killed. The bitch I had, wanted to eat my Chihuahuas. Perfect with people but and grew up with my little dogs and cats. One day she just changed. It was heartbreaking.
jdd is offline  
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Alpha
 
DoodleDobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
Location: Columbus, OH
Dogs Name: Ari- GoldGrove's Look DuJour and Monkey Protocol's As Good As It Gets
Dogs Age: Ari 7/23/2007- 8/30/2016 Monkey 12/13/2012
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit DoodleDobe's Gallery
Thanks: 1,257
Thanked 957 Times in 244 Posts
Images: 2
                     
Shady people deserve to be "outed"!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalecho View Post
Why? So people can form opinions on what they think is the truth? I think she's been convicted already, it's not fun having people pounce all over you. I've had contracts broken on me and I don't come onto doberman talk and "warn" people. If the dog is in a good home, properly taken care of, I will let it slide most of the time. It's sad for me to get a champion taken away on a dog or bitch that should be finished but it's not life and death. I've said time after time on here for puppy buyers to do their research, Check for health testing and find out what the breeder does with their dogs. If you aren't happy with the breeder then don't buy.
Just FYI I was told the breeding was accidental, so who do you believe? I was told that the owner of the stud dog approved the dog going to rescue because she wouldn't take him back, and that's a far cry from what was said on here. I think she should have talked to her and I think this particular incident should have been left off of dobermantalk. This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Why Pat!? Because we are a community that is trying to better the breed! It is a self governing community. I was personally involved in a horrid puppy mill rescue many years ago in Perry Co Ohio. 28 puppies being sold for thousands of dollars and every single dog and puppy was living in hellish deplorable conditions being marketed as AKC champion bred dogs. Everyone who enabled that evil woman should have been exposed. Don't you think? And guess what, the woman who enabled her and GAVE her foundation bitch is still breeding under the guise of being a reputable breeder. Pathetic and ridiculous, isn't it Pat? I refuse to let it go simply because those puppies "were placed in wonderful homes" They were placed in those homes because my rescue group spent tens of thousands of hard earned donations and countless volunteer hours to rehabilitate and rehome every single one of those extremely damaged dogs.
DoodleDobe is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DoodleDobe For This Useful Post:
Coco Loco (02-23-2018), falnfenix (02-23-2018), Fitzmar Dobermans (07-04-2018), numby (02-23-2018), zorianak (02-28-2018)
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 07:09 PM
ಠ_ಠ
 
falnfenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,371
Location: Baltimore
Dogs Name: Ripley; R.I.P. Deckard
Titles: WAC
Dogs Age: DOB 7/8/13
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit falnfenix's Gallery
Thanks: 16,880
Thanked 13,772 Times in 4,596 Posts
                     
Doodle, that wouldn't happen to be the same breeder who studded their male out to a Kimbertal-bred bitch last year?

I am the sea witch. I am the tide you fear and the turning you can't deny. I am the sound of the waves running over your bones on the beach, little man, and I am not amused at finding you on my doorstep.
- the Luidaeg, Chimes at Midnight

DPCA Chapter Club: http://www.mbdpc.net/
Regional rescue: http://www.dobe.net/
falnfenix is offline  
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Alpha
 
DoodleDobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
Location: Columbus, OH
Dogs Name: Ari- GoldGrove's Look DuJour and Monkey Protocol's As Good As It Gets
Dogs Age: Ari 7/23/2007- 8/30/2016 Monkey 12/13/2012
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit DoodleDobe's Gallery
Thanks: 1,257
Thanked 957 Times in 244 Posts
Images: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by falnfenix View Post
Doodle, that wouldn't happen to be the same breeder who studded their male out to a Kimbertal-bred bitch last year?
Falnfenix- Just saw this old reply on this thread sorry. Yes, one and the same.
DoodleDobe is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoodleDobe For This Useful Post:
falnfenix (07-03-2018), Fitzmar Dobermans (07-04-2018)
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Big Pup
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 16
Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit BuffysMom's Gallery
Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
 
You are absolutely right. She cannot sue for liable. If you intentional try to stop her from getting business through slander, then she can sue you for interrupting her source of income. Hardly likely. I have seen other people on this forum use a bad breeders' name without legal repercussions. Personally, I think it would be my duty to name her.
BuffysMom is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BuffysMom For This Useful Post:
Cressrb (07-28-2018)
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome