Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Agility Journal
View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Adara
Alpha

Dogs Name: Flirt Dobe; Gabby Havoc and Envy - Vizslas
Titles: Flirt, OA, NAJ, NF Gabby Ch JH NA OAJ NF NJP - Havoc, GCH, JH OA OAJ , Envy CH, JH, RN, CGC, TDI
Dogs Age: 7, 11, 5, 1.5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit Adara's Gallery
Thanked 24,736 Times in 7,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshadpets View Post
I do believe back side of the jumps are here, thats` for sure, plus I am seeing a lot of obstacle discriminations. (dog walk and tunnel right next to each other after a jump) (Starts with a tire, than a dog walk and a tunnel right next to each other). This is hard for us and we are working on it. I think I only had one of these obstacle set ups last year and this year I have seen at least 6 in the last couple of months on the Standard Course runs.
I will be curious to see what the next trials have to offer.

Good job with Flirt. I love love to hear and watch about doberman trial runs.
If you can lead out, this is what my instructor does. If she is past the tunnel to the middle of the dog walk, the dog KNOWS to take the dog walk, not the tunnel. If she's near the tunnel, take the tunnel. This only works at beginning of sequences though obviously. It's one "easy" way to clue them in. It also requires independent dog walk. I've seen the same discrimminations in probably 70% of our recent trials. I'll probably jinx myself but for the first time EVER I got one right with my older Vizsla (tunnel suck).

Colleen
Flirt, ADAMAS All the Girls Do It, OA, NAJ, NF, CL2-F, CL2-H
Gabby, Ch Gold Run's Token of Rumor, JH, NA, OAJ, NF, NJP, CL2,CL3-H, CL3-F Vizsla
Havoc, BISS GCh HRQ Guess Who's In Trouble, JH, OA, OAJ, CL2-H, CL2-S, CL2-F Vizsla, National AOM winner
Envy, Ch Kizmar's Bailey HotShot of Adara, Vizsla, JH, RN, CGC, TDI National AOM winner
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adara For This Useful Post:
alwayshadpets (08-25-2011), Darkevs (08-26-2011)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome