Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Agility Journal
View Single Post
post #50 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
alwayshadpets
Alpha

Dogs Name: Tamora Atlas
Titles: GCH MACH 2 Atlas CD MXS MJG OF T2B OF Mach 9 Tamora UD MXC2 MJS3 NF TDI CGC. Abbéy NA NAJ
Dogs Age: 8 & 5 & 1
Gallery Pics: 5
Visit alwayshadpets's Gallery
Thanked 4,357 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adara View Post
We've been focusing on finding the back of a jump in class the last 2 weeks. I keep hearing how it is more and more and more common in AKC courses. I was pleased that even though we are beginners in a more advanced class, Flirt rocked it. We had our fumbles, but she got the hard things. The way we taught "build value in a jump", 180s and then 270s, leads perfectly to sending her out behind a jump.
I do believe back side of the jumps are here, thats` for sure, plus I am seeing a lot of obstacle discriminations. (dog walk and tunnel right next to each other after a jump) (Starts with a tire, than a dog walk and a tunnel right next to each other). This is hard for us and we are working on it. I think I only had one of these obstacle set ups last year and this year I have seen at least 6 in the last couple of months on the Standard Course runs.
I will be curious to see what the next trials have to offer.

Good job with Flirt. I love love to hear and watch about doberman trial runs.
The Following User Says Thank You to alwayshadpets For This Useful Post:
Darkevs (08-26-2011)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome