Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Agility Journal
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Jonesy'sMom
Like a Ninja

Dogs Name: Jones, Jett, Steele, Aiko
Titles: 25, 20, bomb dog, and puppy
Dogs Age: Jones: 5 Jett: 2 Steele: 14 Aiko: puppy
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit Jonesy'sMom's Gallery
Thanked 11,941 Times in 2,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adara View Post
Yes, play with moving the target plate around. Also I would not trial until he is 100% without the target plate. I use pringles lids (thank you hubby for loving chips!) And I cut them smaller and smaller to fade them. Play around with it and measure it with your feet when you get the right spot. Then set it at the same spot each time.

OR if you find thep late is what causes his butt to swing, quit using the plate. The plate on the Aframe causes Havoc to slam into a 2o2o hard on his shoulders so I quit using it.

For go on, I'd really try the value in a jump drill. It's made a huge difference between Gabby and my other 2. Gabby does NOT go on many times. Havoc usually always will. Flirt is still working on it. She'll do 1-2 jumps, not 3-4 yet. My instructor is having similar problems with her novice dog and her trainer (world team trainer) had her go back to building value in the jump.

I got a really inexpesive jump at Affordable Agility.

You guys are doing GREAT in training especially for the time you've been training.
For a while I stopped using the plate's (cottage cheese lid) on the A-Frame for the same reason... I didn't like that he was coming to a stop on his front like he was... What I ended up doing was moving his "stop" further back on the A-Frame... so it was 4 in the yellow, which is fine with me as long as he can hold it...

The DW he goes pretty slow over, so his 2o2o is good there...
The Teeter he doesn't have a 2o2o because he slips off the teeter every time (on the bounce), but again he is pretty slow to go over that as well, so not a big deal..

Our next Trial is late October, which we are already entered, but he always seems to do better in trials (another thing I don't understand) He always impresses me though, and I am sure with 8 more practices and me working on obedience at home, he should be ready

As far as the jumps I will have to do some price research (80$ +/- for shipping) or home depot...

Thanks Adara, I am really glad I got into Agilty, and I am really happy that Jonesy enjoys it as much as I do..

~Summer~
Summer's Lost Ark Raider
MX MXJ MJB XF T2B CGC (ASCA) RS-E JS-E-SP GS-E
Jett von Pontiffhaus NA OAJ NF WAC IPO2 AD CGC (ASCA) RS-O JS-E GS-E CD RN

Elara's Aiko vom Herleven Puppy in training
Steele Fuzzy "Retired" Bomb Dog
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonesy'sMom For This Useful Post:
Darkevs (08-26-2011)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome