Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Starting to show stack at 6 weeks old...
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Fitzmar Dobermans
Alpha

Dogs Name: Harvard, Jezebel, & Mabel
Titles: AKC CH & GrCh, RN, CGC & CGCA
Dogs Age: 12/20/07, 2/26/12, and 2/26/18
Gallery Pics: 13
Visit Fitzmar Dobermans's Gallery
Thanked 19,455 Times in 4,308 Posts

Click here to find out how Fitzmar Dobermans became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race_to_the_chase View Post
Thank you for all of the advice guys, it is much appreciated =) I dont so much plan to get into the competitive spirit of the ring, but I loved it as a kid, was a nice way to spend a weekend. I plan to do just local shows for fun, nothing huge. I would love to get back into agility too, will be a different change of pace (I did agility with Bostons) but I would love to get back there when Bristol gets older. We also got some great news today... (semi off topic for a minute) the offer of a land contract was accepted on the home that we have been renting (YES, there is a landlord that will allow not only a staffordshire terrier but also a doberman... how lucky was I?) which means we will be getting Bristol a friend as well. This time I will take my time to look into a breeder that has better ethics and pride in their litters.
***BTW, the breeder we opted for was recommended by a family member (they are in TN and I am in NY) who swore up and down they were an awesome breeder, be it that its a family member we took their word. They I dont believe purposely steered us wrong but... ***

Now, back to Mrs. Bristol, I will continue to work with her, she may not be show potential afterall (I cant really make this judgement quite yet) but if nothing else I do think my daughter (8) will have a lot of fun doing 4H shows with her, and maybe, just maybe she will have a great crop job and flourish into a beautiful show candidate?!

So, to sum up a long post. Thank you all, I never expected to have so much helpful advice
Well, you have her now so I hope you have fun with her and get involved in some sort of dog sport. If you decide that you want to get back into showing dogs in conformation in the future, get in touch with the local club to find a mentor. We need people who want to show

Mary Jo Ansel
Fitzmar

AKC GRCH/UKC CH Fitzmar's Command A Minute CGC "Harvard"
Fitzmar's Victory Hop Devil RN CGC "Jezebel"
Jalyn One Moment Please "Mabel"
RIP CH. Cha-Rish A Moment Like This RN WAC CGC "Louise" 2/22/2005 - 4/1/2016
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fitzmar Dobermans For This Useful Post:
GrdnDelite (05-25-2011), Reds (05-25-2011)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome