Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Starting to show stack at 6 weeks old...
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Race_to_the_chase
Lil Pup

Dogs Name: Bristol (dobie) and Buddah (staffie)
Dogs Age: Bristol (7 weeks) Buddah (9 years)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Race_to_the_chase's Gallery

Thank you for all of the advice guys, it is much appreciated =) I dont so much plan to get into the competitive spirit of the ring, but I loved it as a kid, was a nice way to spend a weekend. I plan to do just local shows for fun, nothing huge. I would love to get back into agility too, will be a different change of pace (I did agility with Bostons) but I would love to get back there when Bristol gets older. We also got some great news today... (semi off topic for a minute) the offer of a land contract was accepted on the home that we have been renting (YES, there is a landlord that will allow not only a staffordshire terrier but also a doberman... how lucky was I?) which means we will be getting Bristol a friend as well. This time I will take my time to look into a breeder that has better ethics and pride in their litters.
***BTW, the breeder we opted for was recommended by a family member (they are in TN and I am in NY) who swore up and down they were an awesome breeder, be it that its a family member we took their word. They I dont believe purposely steered us wrong but... ***

Now, back to Mrs. Bristol, I will continue to work with her, she may not be show potential afterall (I cant really make this judgement quite yet) but if nothing else I do think my daughter (8) will have a lot of fun doing 4H shows with her, and maybe, just maybe she will have a great crop job and flourish into a beautiful show candidate?!

So, to sum up a long post. Thank you all, I never expected to have so much helpful advice

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Race_to_the_chase For This Useful Post:
GingerGunlock (05-25-2011), GrdnDelite (05-25-2011), MeadowCat (05-26-2011), Q734 (05-26-2011), Reds (05-25-2011), Zephyr (05-25-2011)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome