Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Starting to show stack at 6 weeks old...
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Reds
Alpha

Dogs Name: Apollo, Ares, Flaire (Shadeko's Diva On Deck) & Journey(Shadeko's Quest For Rubies)
Titles: Flaire & Journey: CAD & UKC Champion - Apollo and Ares: Ch. Couch Potatoes
Dogs Age: 8 years, 8 years, 4 years & 5 years
Gallery Pics: 28
Visit Reds's Gallery
Thanked 3,778 Times in 1,849 Posts

I am happy you are getting back into showing, that's great!

However I think I should be honest with you about a few things. The AKC dobe ring is extremely competitive, filled with very well bred dobes from some very top notch breeders, and many being professionally handled by some of the best in the business. Before you start putting money into entries, hotels, gas etc, try to find a breeder close to you that is showing dobes in AKC shows and get them to give you an honest evaluation of your puppy. It may save you a lot of disappointment, expense and heartache. Also, make sure to take your puppy to the right vet, who knows how to provide a show crop. If your puppy's ears aren't done right, no matter how nice she may turn out, a bad crop will make her stick out in the ring like a sore thumb.

Keep up the stacking, have fun with her and try a few shows in UKC for fun and see how those go.

The Brat Pack
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reds For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (05-24-2011), bubsy (05-26-2011), KevinK (05-24-2011), MeadowCat (05-26-2011), ShelianDobe (05-25-2011), Zephyr (05-25-2011)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome