Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Town Hall Topic – Veterinary Care
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:37 AM
DocWriter
Big Dog

Dogs Name: Hugo
Titles: No
Dogs Age: 17 months
Gallery Pics: 4
Visit DocWriter's Gallery

Veterinary Care

What type of Veterinarian do you use and why? (Traditional, holistic), How often do you take your dog to the vet and why? (routine visits, emergency care) My vet is traditional with holistic tendencies Hugo goes to the vet as needed for routine shots/exams.

Are your dogs on the prescribed vaccination regiment they recommend? Do they get other vaccinations due to your environment surroundings? (Lyme disease, others) No.

What tests do you get done on a regular basis and/or have you established baselines to monitor there health? UA and fecal tests. We have no concerns right now.

How do you treat wounds/injuries of your dog?(minor injuries like cuts and scraps) Does the vet do it all or do you do some your self? Do you have any type of training in emergency care of animals? Where did you get this training? We treat all wounds pretty much the same. Both, my daughter and I, are in the medical field and we hail from four generations of vets.

How much faith do you have in vets? (believe everything they say, take recommendations under consideration) Sadly.. not much faith anymore

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome