Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Reputable breeders - for new folks
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 01:42 PM
harley
Alpha

Dogs Name: Ace

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit harley's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Shannon View Post
I think it equally important that the breeder asks just as many, if not more questions of you (The Buyer) and your ability to care for this life which the breeder is responsible for bringing into this world.

I don't think it unreasonable for a breeder to ask for personal references, check employment, ask for a two months worth of pay stubs.

If you contact a breeder who is breeding "titled" dogs, health test and only has two litters a year, and goes straight to the "Deposit" inquiry... I'd second guess that breeder. Not to say that many byb's are doing what I'm suggesting is the "base line" health testing... Just saying it's a lot more than just testing, showing and having only a few litters each year.

Ahhh Yes and what do you call a breeder that isn't as quick to reply or help you anymore or makes some lame excuses that it's your doing that the dog's having some difficulty or problems after you have purchased a pup from him or here but prier to the purchase where there for you in a heart beat what do you call that type of breeder???
The Following User Says Thank You to harley For This Useful Post:
workingk9s (02-15-2011)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome