Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Town Hall Topic - Do you let your doberman¯¯
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Dobe_Paws

Gallery Pics: 27
Visit Dobe_Paws's Gallery

At night Ava doesn't sleep in bed with us. She used to but having to share a full sized bed with her and Brian was murder on my back. I would often awake to find myself contorted in a very uncomfortable position while the two of them snuggled comfortably together. However, she is allowed to sleep on the bed at all other times.

She usually sleeps on top of the covers but sometimes she'll find her way underneath them. I don't remember how old she was when she first started sleeping on the bed maybe when she was 8 or 9 months old. At night her and Scoob sleep on their own bed. They have a very large bed that's as thick as a mattress that they sleep on together.

Ava is allowed on the couches and she has her favorite spot on the end of our big couch. If someone is sitting in her spot she'll sit in front of them and stare til they move. I can't tell you how many times I've booted guests from that seat so she can have her place back. She's been allowed on the couches right along so it's pretty much a habit for her now. I could never imagine trying to break her of it...

We don't have leather couches but Brian has been begging me to get them. I don't worry so much about Ava doing any damage to them but rather the cats....

Last edited by Dobe_Paws; 01-02-2006 at 04:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dobe_Paws For This Useful Post:
Trigdragon (04-20-2013), USMCDoberman (12-18-2013)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome