Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Town Hall Topic - Do you let your doberman¯¯
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:37 PM
TracyJo
Alpha

Dogs Name: Chihiro
Titles: OCD, ADD, ADHD
Dogs Age: 3 years d.o.b. 3 June 05
Gallery Pics: 143
Visit TracyJo's Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to TracyJo
Try as I might to keep her off the furniture (that last picture I posted was very damnimg evidence :-), Chi is allowed on the furniture. Generally, who ever she is sitting with is very uncomfortabley squished into one position and can not move for fear of "disturbing the baby".
I'm holding my ground on the bed thing though :-) A few nights ago, I tried to let her sleep out of her crate. Like the angel that she is, she quickly found her bed (a bean bag chair) on the floor next to my side of the bed. She made her spot and fell asleep. I thought we had achieved a major break through until I woke up around 2 am with back spasms and her asleep on top of me. Needless to say, Chi is back in her kennel at night :-)
But as spoiled as she is when it comes to the living room furniture, she is only allowed up by invite. This rule must be strictly enforced because she has the very bad habit of pouncing (with all four feet) on the sofa and whoever just happens to be on it at the time. She will generally jump on it, one of us will chase her off and make her sit or down/stay for a minute or two and then invite her up.
Her favorite piece of furniture is whatever piece I happen to be sitting on. I swear I could be curled up in the chair and Mark can have the HUGE couch all to himself. Every critter wants to be on the chair with me. We have to bribe them to move over to the sofa.
We will buy new furniture before we leave here and have decided to buy two couches this time, rather than the standard one couch and a love seat or chair :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to TracyJo For This Useful Post:
JustGran (11-06-2013)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome