Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - New member: Dimity Wackadoodle
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
forager
Forager

Dogs Name: Dimity, Soames & Sasha & Fritz
Dogs Age: 11, 8, 4 1/2, 6 1/2
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit forager's Gallery

New member: Dimity Wackadoodle

Hello, everyone. My wife Annie and I own Dimity, a 6-month old red female dobie; we've had her since she was a 9-week old puppy. We love her. In addition to all the vaccinations, she's been through a lot in her short life--coccidia, worms, urinary tract infection, ear infection, partial toe amputation (left rear paw)--and hopefully that will be it for a while.
We didn't know what we were doing when we purchased her, didn't know what questions to ask, what to check for, or how to assess a kennel for professionalism. The worms, coccidia, and urinary tract infection were detected by the vet two days after we brought her home--all of which were treated immediately. The partial toe amputation was peformed about one month ago by an orthopedic vet, after her toe failed to respond to medication and therapy over a period of three months. The vet believes that the toe was traumatized somehow.
As always, she is in great spirits, especially now that she doesn't have to wear the dreaded elizabethan collar and her paw has healed.
We decided to retain the natural ears, as we knew early on that toe surgery was possible, and we didn't want to put her through too much. So, she's a beautiful, floppy-eared red dobe, affectionately known as Dimity Wackadoodle; we call her Dimity when she behaves like the elegant Doberman that she is and call her Dimity Wackadoodle when she acts goofy (about 50% of the time).
This is a wonderful site. Annie and I have clicked on all the links.
We'll add pictures soon.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome