Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Pro Plan Poll
Thread: Pro Plan Poll
View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
KrimsonDobes
Big Pup

Dogs Name: Cora, Emmy, Fergie, Roxie, & Rachel
Titles: CGC, TDI, (AKC & CKC Ch.-pointed)
Dogs Age: 2-9
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit KrimsonDobes's Gallery

Someone who feeds Pro Plan may find this interesting. I once was feeding Pro Plan to my Dobermans and my (adult) bitch couldn't keep her weight on it. I literally had to feed her TEN, yes 10 cups of food a day to maintain her weight! I broke up the feeding 5 cups per meal and she acted like she was starving. The food never satisfied her hunger and never maintained proper weight. I never seen anything like this before with any food I had fed.

I then switched to "Canine Caviar" and got away from the Pro Plan. I was pleased to see that I reduced her food intake to only 4 cups a deal on the Canine Caviar and she seemed less hungry and her body weight stayed where it needed to be.

I then switched from Canine Caviar many months later after I saw such amazing results with Origen and Acana. I have now been feeding exclusively those brands for over a year now and feed my adult Doberman bitches no more than 2 1/4 cups a day with the best results of any food! Take it for what it's worth, but I am telling you, I will NEVER FEED PRO PLAN ANYMORE and I have like (literally) 3 tons (worth of food) weight circles sitting in my drawer.

Kris

Krimson Dobermans
Mr. Kris Johnson
Louisville, KY, USA
www.KrimsonDobermans.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome