just a member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: DC Area
Dogs Name: Alexis & Zoe
Dogs Age: 6 years & 5 months
Gallery Pics: 49 Visit Kratty's Gallery
Thanked 2,443 Times in 595 Posts
Town Hall Topic - Crate Training/Housebreaking
With all the new puppys in the forum, I thought this topic would be appropriate and also a trip down memory lane for most of us....
Topic – Crate Training & Housebreaking
• What type of crate do you use and what materials does your doberman lie on.
• How did you train your doberman to use the crate, how long did it take?
• What uses does the crate serve for you and how does your doberman see the crate? (bedroom, punishment, etc)
• When did you stop using the crate?
• What techniques did you use to Housebreak/potty train you doberman? (puppy pads, etc)
• How long did it take it become 100% reliable, no more mistakes.
• How does your Doberman alert you that they need to go out.
• Do they go on different surfaces and in new locations easily? (if traveling and no grass is available)