Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Breeder information
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 08:52 PM
MeadowCat
Super Moderator

Dogs Name: Richter; Sypha; RIP Shanoa & Simon
Titles: Richter: CAA L1V NW1 L1I L1E L1C NW2 L2V ACT1 RATI WAC; Sypha: NW1 NW2 L1C L1V L1E RATI SOG WAC
Dogs Age: d.o.b. 7/13/2012; d.o.b. 12/6/2015
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit MeadowCat's Gallery
Thanked 62,729 Times in 16,801 Posts

Click here to find out how MeadowCat became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R View Post
I have gotten some good tips from this forum about a breeder I have considered, regarding the high number of puppies whelped in a short period of time, and the apparent red flags. To give Premier Dobermans of Talmadge Ohio the benefit of the doubt though , I would like to know if anybody has had any personal experience with Samantha and her Dobies.My interest stems from the fact that one of her bitches is an Obie Wan Kanobe daughter. My current boy is an Obie grandson, and he is arguably the best Dobie I've had the pleasure to own. He is strictly a pet, companion and family protector and his disposition fits his use perfectly. Any input would be greatly appreciated. We are still in the research stage as we don't want to subject our old man to a rambunctious puppy, but his days are undeniably numbered.
Do you not think that your dog's sire and dam has any affect on his temperament? I am honestly puzzled when people give such credit to a single dog for temperament, simply because it's a "big name." There are a lot of genes that go into creating a dog's temperament, as well as their early experiences in life. One dog in a pedigree does not temperament make.

For comparison, my "Jet" grandaughter does not have identical temperaments to other "Jet" grandkids, despite sharing a famous grandsire.

DSC_0133
by Shanoa Delta, on Flickr

Richter & Sypha
Glengate's Mountain Fortress CAA ORT L1E L1C NW2 L2V L2I ACT1 RATI SOG WAC
& Sirai's Golden Masquerade ORT L1V L1E L2C L2I NW2 RATI SOG TKN WAC
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
― Jane Goodall
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MeadowCat For This Useful Post:
brw1982 (05-23-2020), greenkouki (05-23-2020), J.R (05-23-2020), LadyDi (05-23-2020), melbrod (05-22-2020), Rosemary (05-22-2020)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome