Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a pup
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
RossL
Lil Pup

Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit RossL's Gallery

Looking for a pup

Hi,

I'm looking for a new pup since my 10yo American Bulldog passed away a few months ago. We have a 4yo female Shiloh Shepherd that grew up with the bulldog and is very friendly to other dogs. I also have a 6yo son. What we're looking for in our future family member is the following;
  • Looking for a family pet and are not looking to show, breed, or do competitive activity like agility.
  • We live on over 4 acres of open land and the dogs play fetch daily. We're fairly active about getting out and about with our dogs. We take them hiking, to my son's soccer and lacrosse games, etc.
  • Training is very important for us and I've always used a professional to support us. All of my dogs are trained both on and off leash since they are mostly off leash on our property. Our dogs are regularly around kids at events mentioned above and are socialized from day 1.
  • We live in Maryland and are willing to travel for the right breeder. It's important for me to meet the pup(s) before making a decision so I would prefer to find a great breeder within a few hour driving distance.
  • Why a Doberman? I grew up with a Doberman next door and have wanted one ever since. 20 years ago we bought a townhouse and instead of a Doberman, we went with a German Pinscher because our house was very small and we have almost no yard. He was a great dog that fit our living situation well. Since then, we've bought a single family home and have multiple acres of land for our dogs to run on. With the passing of the bulldog and my son being older, we think now is a good time to finally get the breed I've wanted since I was 8.

Thank you in advance. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and I greatly appreciate your feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to RossL For This Useful Post:
melbrod (05-22-2020)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome