Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The Girls Outside!

1M views 89K replies 76 participants last post by  sissl 
#1 ·
I have no clue what order NoBite is going to post the pics, but there is a pic of my Dry Pond, Dominic and Princess Lily Belle. One pic of the neighbors DD's (well, at least 2 of the A-holes). The black Dane pup seems okay. I hope NB blows that pic up, so you can actually see their partial pack of dogs. But, if not, you can at least see I take pride in my property and the neighbors don't.

Spock,

Patience, Grasshopper!

>:)

#29,481 ·
Me 2 SP ! I sure hope I don't have to open another >:) The 11 is going to be hard to beat ! BUT don't forget the 4 car !

Go 14 and 17 ! Sorry my friend :grin2:
Did I say come on Chevy?

Get it!

:x

I do not know anything but 11 may be hard to beat - but not listening anymore (on YouTube - they had it running then blocked it) since they had to restart again in the overtime....so will look later to see who won.

#29,486 ·
I'm obviously going to have to stop reading here until you guys are finished with your spring raptures. :crying:

At least it has stopped snowing for a little bit. They're predicting about 3 inches is all.

I'm feeling sour because i have a routine colonoscopy tomorrow and.........well, I won't go into details.
I will go into details...I highly recommend scrolling past this post :wink2:
I had my first one at age 58...yeah I'm a procrastinator and I'm "that guy"...the one who hates going to doctors until I'm at death's door. Drives my wife nuts. My doc made me get the colonoscopy because I went in to see her, complaining of pretty bad pain in my groin area...the first thing she did was check my PSA levels in case it was prostate cancer (normal levels, whew), and then she wanted to do a colonoscopy in case it was, well, you know. And yeah, I was sweating it. When I went in for the procedure, I was so worried that my blood pressure was something like 179/100 and they freaked out but I told them I was really nervous about what they may find. They put me under, did the procedure and when I came to and the doc told me I was good for another 10 years, my blood pressure was like 110/55 LOL. To make an already long story even longer, my doc asked me a few pertinent questions, had me get a CT scan and then promptly sent me off to a urologist (who was a female colonel, BTW, how embarrassing! I'll let your imaginations go wild on how that office visit went ha ha) and it turns out I have a prostate the size of a friggin grapefruit* :2surprise: so now I'm taking medication for that and all is well :2smile:

*Of course it's not the size of a grapefruit, I'm exaggerating...sheesh!

#29,490 ·
@ bug...

Went out with my grandson yesterday. Saw all kinds of flowers...

You forgot to mention the crocuses and daphne. Quite few roses starting to bloom also.

STJ!
You know what SSJ, crocuse grow in the PNW like weeds for everyone except me--I have no idea why. Well maybe it's because they start selling bulbs so early that I buy them, forget to plant them until really late (they should be planted in the fall) so then they don't go dormant the way they should and if they come up at all the following year they are about half the size they should be.

And I don't have any daphne--my next door neighbor did but he thought it was a weed of some sort and yanked it out a couple of years ago--his wife, who loved it almost divorced him over that.

But on the other hand--when the lilacs which grew along the fence line next door got trashed when the house sold to a contractor who stripped it down to the studs (it was a classic old farmhouse) and redid it--the lilac's moved over to my side of the property line and now I have a whole section of fence that is edged in lilac--the leaves are almost ready to be leaves instead of buds and I can see the flower buds working at producing a great show this year.

I love lilacs--they are one of the things that even South Dakota winters can't kill--cold weather just gives them a better flower display every spring.

ABTLH

#29,492 ·
#29,493 · (Edited)
Thoughts and prayers for NASCAR driver Ryan Newman following a brutal, horrific, airborne crash on the final lap at today's Daytona 500 restart race. He has been transported to the hospital and we await news of his condition. I haven't seen a crash like that since Dale Earnhardt died upon impact.
- Newman was leading the race when he was hit from behind :frown3::frown3::frown3:

#29,497 · (Edited)
Just read this:
"Nearly two hours after the race ended, NASCAR executive vice president Steve O'Donnell read a statement from Roush-Fenway Racing saying the Newman's injuries are non-life threatening and he remains in serious condition at a Daytona area hospital."
CBS news

Before I went to bed I saw that there was a crash last lap :frown3:

But that is what I have seen this morning as well about his condition. Did not realize he crossed the finish line as well....9th.

Hope all continues to go well for him and he recovers!

#29,498 ·
Can't you find any pig farmers in SD? I don't know if you have any Lidl grocery stores there or not, but they have good thick cut bacon for a great price.
Never heard of Lidl. And we're on the beef side of the state, not the ag side. I'm sure I could find piglets to raise, but I don't need anymore chores and besides, there are only two sides of bacon for every pig. ;)

This race is pissing me off!
I finally found the race, and watched it, but I sat the whole time with my mouth open. I can't BELIEVE how much NASCAR racing has changed. What the heck are these "stages" anyway? Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3? And PUSHING. Once upon a time, intentionally touching another car was illegal. There were more wrecks yesterday in one race than what I used to see in a whole SEASON. I thought I would be watching skilled drivers, each trying to win a tough race, but what I think I saw were a bunch of little boys playing bumper cars at 200 mph. I was disappointed, to say the least. I'm sure this kind of racing is good for the people who watch just to see a flaming wreck. (I have a monster headache this morning, so I'm a bit cranky, and I'm taking it out on the stupid driving I saw yesterday, but seriously, I'm not watching any more NASCAR. Not if this is the new norm.)

I love lilacs--they are one of the things that even South Dakota winters can't kill--cold weather just gives them a better flower display every spring.

ABTLH
Lilacs are like an invasive weed here. ;) We've tried to cut ours back, because they're taking over the whole property, but even if we dig down to get the roots, the dang things just keep spreading. Our "hedges" are nearly 20 feet wide now, and about 10 to 15 feet tall.

Just read this:
"Nearly two hours after the race ended, NASCAR executive vice president Steve O'Donnell read a statement from Roush-Fenway Racing saying the Newman's injuries are non-life threatening and he remains in serious condition at a Daytona area hospital."
CBS news
Thank God he's going to be OK, but there was NO reason he had to be wiped out. The jackass behind him was trying to "push him to the win?" SERIOUSLY? He was already in front. And then crossed the finish line upside down and on fire, which was completely unnecessary. I actually left after the second big pile-up, when there were only a few laps left, because it was time to go feed the animals and do chores, and by that point, I didn't really care anymore, but when I got back 30 or 40 minutes later, they were STILL RACING, on the final lap, and then that finish-line debacle. I assume they were red-flagged the whole time I was outside.

Oh, and (sheesh, she's not done!) what's the deal with Pit Road being "open" and "closed" during the race? HUH? What if you have something go wrong and need to pit and it's closed? They have it open at the end of each "stage," so everyone can go get fixed up at the same time, like recess in kindergarten? Puleeeze. Anyway, that was my last NASCAR race. I don't understand this "New Racing." I will try to forget it.

#29,499 · (Edited)
I finally found the race, and watched it, but I sat the whole time with my mouth open. I can't BELIEVE how much NASCAR racing has changed. What the heck are these "stages" anyway? Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3? And PUSHING. Once upon a time, intentionally touching another car was illegal. There were more wrecks yesterday in one race than what I used to see in a whole SEASON. I thought I would be watching skilled drivers, each trying to win a tough race, but what I think I saw were a bunch of little boys playing bumper cars at 200 mph. I was disappointed, to say the least. I'm sure this kind of racing is good for the people who watch just to see a flaming wreck. (I have a monster headache this morning, so I'm a bit cranky, and I'm taking it out on the stupid driving I saw yesterday, but seriously, I'm not watching any more NASCAR. Not if this is the new norm.)

Thank God he's going to be OK, but there was NO reason he had to be wiped out. The jackass behind him was trying to "push him to the win?" SERIOUSLY? He was already in front. And then crossed the finish line upside down and on fire, which was completely unnecessary. I actually left after the second big pile-up, when there were only a few laps left, because it was time to go feed the animals and do chores, and by that point, I didn't really care anymore, but when I got back 30 or 40 minutes later, they were STILL RACING, on the final lap, and then that finish-line debacle. I assume they were red-flagged the whole time I was outside.

Oh, and (sheesh, she's not done!) what's the deal with Pit Road being "open" and "closed" during the race? HUH? What if you have something go wrong and need to pit and it's closed? They have it open at the end of each "stage," so everyone can go get fixed up at the same time, like recess in kindergarten? Puleeeze. Anyway, that was my last NASCAR race. I don't understand this "New Racing." I will try to forget it.
Couldn't agree more Lannie.
I'm a muscle car & Silverado 4x4 truck guy, back when I was 15 y/o, I went to an oval dirt track...and it was a ton of Fun, at the time.
- never got into watching NASCAR, I just don't get it...all the "bump & grind", looks like a bunch of Hookers, on a disco dance floor
- watching the final crash, near the finish line was most difficult to stomach
- who knows if the driver, may end in a wheel chair...or have permanent brain injury

WHY WHY - did the sport, come to this ? ... and a good Human body, gets sacrificed :frown3:
- Lead car Newman finished 4th - race car on its roof, in flames

I enjoy going Golfing, a few times a year with my adult son...especially on Fathers Day.
- if one has never played the game, it looks pointless...following a little ball around, just hitting it
- to me, these races today are very similar...I just don't get the attraction
- and I've owned and driven 2 big block/4 speed cars...now that's my kind of gear head fun
- or hopping into my old 4 wheel steer 2003 Silverado, never gets old..we call RubyRed here

#29,500 ·
Racing 101 :grin2:

Stage racing --- They said ( NASCAR ) that a car can run the whole race and then get crashed near the end = NO POINTS or Lower points at the end - So to try a
and fix that - they went to stages to help reflex reward points more evenly - or something like that - I myself - don't like it ! You race and it is what it is .

The jackass behind him was trying to "push him to the win?" SERIOUSLY

Yep - It's true Lannie ! 2 cars are faster than one - it's all about aerodynamics - the lead car punch's a hole in the air - the trailing car doe's not have to - so the trailer can only run ? Maybe 60 to 70 % of the throttle - the trailer still has that 25% gas to push with = push to win . Blaney did right .

Pit Road being "open" and "closed" during the race? I have never understood that rule either ! Total BS

I didn't really care anymore, but when I got back 30 or 40 minutes later, they were STILL RACING, on the final lap, and then that finish-line debacle. I assume they were red-flagged the whole time I was outside.

2 reasons for this - #1 - safety to get the track cleaned up and 2 , fans pay to see racing , not yellow flag follow the leaded .

Yes - Lannie my friend - things have changed in racing - some for the better - like safety - then other things Not - they make them all run the same aero type package - where back in the day - you just about do anything to your motors with in the rules - not any more - cars could out run others - not with everything equal - or close to it - this is what you get , all the cars running together = better side by side racing according to NASCAR . That why we get the Big one = crashes of 10 to 20 cars at a time .

As far as drivers - oh there still pretty dang good at what they do - Big bad wreaks are always , always going to be there , it's part of the inherited risk running 200 mph .