Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The Girls Outside!

1M views 89K replies 76 participants last post by  sissl 
#1 ·
I have no clue what order NoBite is going to post the pics, but there is a pic of my Dry Pond, Dominic and Princess Lily Belle. One pic of the neighbors DD's (well, at least 2 of the A-holes). The black Dane pup seems okay. I hope NB blows that pic up, so you can actually see their partial pack of dogs. But, if not, you can at least see I take pride in my property and the neighbors don't.

Spock,

Patience, Grasshopper!

>:)

#27,422 ·
Good morning to all.
Morning Doc, glad to hear you are enjoying your winter wonderland.
I think you should relax and go for a sleigh ride with the Mrs. .....maybe even have some heated apple cider with a cinnamon stick for Mrs in place.
Oh....and do not forget the red plaid blanket to lay across your laps. Oh and yes the jingle bells to, that goes with the package. Saw this on TV one time , so this will allow you to experience some fun.
You are welcome !>:)

#27,423 ·
Good morning to all.
Morning Doc, glad to hear you are enjoying your winter wonderland.
I think you should relax and go for a sleigh ride with the Mrs. .....maybe even have some heated apple cider with a cinnamon stick for Mrs in place.
Oh....and do not forget the red plaid blanket to lay across your laps. Oh and yes the jingle bells to, that goes with the package. Saw this on TV one time , so this will allow you to experience some fun.
You are welcome !>:)
Your kidding ?? Right ??? :grin2:

Well after that post of LDI's - It appears she's already in the sauce :grin2: Anyway Modm - I called in some extra help :grin2:

#27,424 ·
Well, here's the farm report for this morning. :)

We got Morgaine loaded in the trailer yesterday after chores and breakfast, and headed over to the neighbor's place. The clouds were just starting to burn off, and the wind had dropped about half, from 45-50mph to about 20. It was still REALLY cold with the wind chill (actual temp was 17), but not as bad as earlier. Morgaine got right in the trailer when I asked her to, but man, she was doing the cha-cha-cha back there the whole trip over. Or maybe jumping jacks, I couldn't really tell, but the trailer was bouncing so much, it was rocking the truck! Siwwy cow!

We talked to the neighbor about picking her up next week, and that if it was zero-ish or below, we'd rather be able to leave her there a few more days if that was OK because our old (really old) trailer tires tend to freeze solid in deep cold and have a habit of going thump-thump-thump when they go around. I worry that one day we'll split one doing that, so I don't like taking the trailer anywhere in subzero temps. Anyway, he said that was fine, but if she really isn't pregnant right now, and does breed on Saturday (which if she's not pregnant, should be her next heat), he can bring her over on Tuesday when he's taking some yearlings to the sale barn. We're on the way, so if her breeding patch is rubbed off on Sunday or Monday, he said he'd just load her up with the yearlings and drop her off here on the way to town.

THAT RIGHT THERE is one of the things that make living in this godforsaken harsh climate worthwhile. Well, that, and the summers. The summers here are beautiful, a little too hot for me sometimes, but beautiful. The neighbors here are unbelievable. It's like we're all part of a big happy family, SO totally unlike living in The City was. So even if it's too cold for us to move our trailer, Morgaine has a ride home. :) Once again, she cried and ran the fence when we were leaving. She reminds me of myself when I was five years old and went to spend the night with my little girlfriend the first time. She was my best friend, but being left alone in a strange house was horribly stressful, and no matter how much her parents tried to entertain me and make me feel comfortable, I was NOT happy. I couldn't wait to go home the next morning, and my friend thought I didn't like her. Anyway, that's what Morgaine looks like, and it breaks my heart. I know she can't wait to come back home, too. :x

And then last night, Rich and I went out to do chores (the wind finally had died down, YAY!), and on the way I gave Jasper his dinner, which he carted off to his "dining room," then we went on to feed the cows and chickens (and Horus), and tuck everyone in for the night. Oh, you guys will enjoy this, we have one year-old pullet (little girl chicken for the uninitiated) that sleeps in the horse barn and sometimes has trouble flying up to the top of the wooden fence we have sectioning off a corner of the barn for feed cans and such. From there, she flaps up to the rafters. Anyway, she tried to get up there a week or so ago and missed, and now her confidence is shot. She just walks back and forth, looking up, squatting down like she's getting ready to jump, but then doesn't, and continues walking back and forth, making a very distressed sound. So I finally grabbed an empty lick tub we keep out there for extra water in the summer (and in the winter it's upside down so we can sit on it if we want), and set it near the wood fence where she was trying to get up. She hopped RIGHT up on the tub and from there to the top of the fence, and then into the rafters. Rich had already gone to feed the cats that night so he didn't see it.

The next night, "Dumbchit" the pullet was again walking back and forth, so I got the tub and set it out for her, so she'd GO, and I wouldn't have to stand out there waiting, and Rich slapped his forehead and said, "SERIOUSLY? You're giving her a stepstool?" Well, yeah. Of course. She needs the help. (But now I have to put the tub out for her every night, see how well she's trained me?)

But I digress. When I was in the cow barn feeding Cricket and Oliver and bedding the stalls, I heard coyotes yipping off in the distance. Usually, if they're far away like that, Jasper will just listen, and make sure they don't get any closer, but evidently he'd had enough of their shenanigans and went after them. He has a little escape hole he dug under the perimeter fence up on the far hill, where he can see for miles, and evidently he left, because he didn't come when I called him to have his dessert cookies. He always follows me back to the house after chores with "that look" on his face that says he can only be happy if he has another cookie. I always keep a handful of those tiny milk-bone things in my pocket. But I called and called, and he didn't show, so I figured he was out taking care of business. He came back shortly after, although I was in the house so I didn't see him, but he always does. When it gets light out, he'll be sitting under his tree waiting for breakfast. :)

Oh, I was going to tell Kenny, on the way back from the neighbor's yesterday, there was something lying on the side of the (dirt) road, and I told Rich not to run over it, so he moved over a little and as we went by, I saw that it was an EAR OF CORN! WTH was an ear of corn doing on a dirt road in the middle of the grasslands? There's no corn anywhere around here! LOL! It was such an odd thing to see, and Ken's story about his corn yesterday reminded me. I didn't stop and pick it up. 0:)

#27,425 ·
Do you have the url code, or specific words that I can use to google the one you mean? I can't find one that fits what you describe.

I looked at several online vids of Aussies at Westminster and Crufts, and see a lot of nice trots. But none of them seem to be unmannered enough :) to break into a gallop for more than a stride or two.

Hairy does pace a fair amount on on-leash walks, but that just might be the speed he has to go to keep up (ahem!) with me. :D
Me, with a url? or even words? You gotta be kidding Mel! I started up on Google with just Australian Shepherd--and ended up in a bunch of u-tube video and I'll try to go back and find something more specific.

You all (Mel and everyone else) know that I know nothing about videos--having just been introduced to the magic of high speed internet less than two weeks ago.

(she said apologetically...)

ABTLH

#27,426 · (Edited)
I've got an idea...do you know who won BOB at Westminster the years you're thinking of? I bet a search with that would bring up the video.

I hear you about computer knowledge. Watching my kids, though, I've developed an increased tolerance of just clicking on stuff and seeing what happens. That's what they do; I get held back by fear. And they laugh at my minimal skills (in the nicest way possible.)

But computer systems aren't as fragile as they were back in the day. It's much harder to kill them, though it CAN be done. "All I did was..." "Mo-o-o-m!!"

#27,429 ·
I did find this one which matches your description:
Eukanuba 2015 BOB Aussie from 3:43 to 3:49

Anyway, you needn't kill yourself looking for a video. Point made. I'll try to get my daughter to film us. No guarantees.
That's the one--didn't get the show right or the date but you found it anyway.

The movement on the BOB dog at an extended trot (which is what an Aussie should be able to do) is beautiful and when he briefly breaks into a canter on his was to the BOB marker he looks like a rocking horse.

Aussies typically can trot faster than they can gallop, canter or run--and they can do it forever.

It's kind of like Tennessee Walkers--I got to ride one most of a summer and his running walk was like sitting on a sofa--his trot was tooth jarring and his his canter was slow and felt lumpy.

ABTLH

#27,430 ·
Me, with a url? or even words? You gotta be kidding Mel!

Bug - I think that Mel had been in the Sauce with LDI for asking that question >:)>:)
LOL--I meant to ask her what the heck she was doing up at that hour (couldn't figure out if she just hadn't been to bed yet or had insomnia and woke up incredibly early...

ABTLH

#27,437 · (Edited)
It's kind of like Tennessee Walkers--I got to ride one most of a summer and his running walk was like sitting on a sofa--his trot was tooth jarring and his his canter was slow and felt lumpy.

ABTLH
I think the first horse I got on was an older retired Walker. I remember his owner telling me that he was actually doing a running walk which he didn't do real often any more and exclaiming over how smooth my ride must have been.

I guess--but to me, a novice, it all seemed sorta bumpy. LOL

I imagine I could tell the difference now :)

#27,439 · (Edited)
We're having some work down on the house today so I'm at home...Mocha's laying at the top of the stairs where she can keep an eye on the installer :2smile:
DONE, now down, dagnabit!

TN - That picture is so real it almost don't look real , but for my trained eye - I know is real , Great job !
It's a real pic :wink2: