Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The Girls Outside!

1M views 89K replies 76 participants last post by  sissl 
#1 ·
I have no clue what order NoBite is going to post the pics, but there is a pic of my Dry Pond, Dominic and Princess Lily Belle. One pic of the neighbors DD's (well, at least 2 of the A-holes). The black Dane pup seems okay. I hope NB blows that pic up, so you can actually see their partial pack of dogs. But, if not, you can at least see I take pride in my property and the neighbors don't.

Spock,

Patience, Grasshopper!

>:)

#26,041 ·
Thanks for the info Doc!

I am done with demo.

Just after - no cleanup. You can see where the insulation is not all the way down.

Closeup 1

Closeup 2 - red circle is where they installed the towel rack over tub on other side of wall.

After removal of foam and shopvac cleanup - red circle at drain is one worry hopefully will be ok....
The main worry is the plumbing is on the inside of the studs....the pan is supposed to screw to the studs.
But the plumbing is in the way :frown3::frown3::crying: I may need professional help! No not that kind! >:)

I will have to cut the drywall again as the new walls will be taller than original. I cant cut straight! 0:)

#26,042 · (Edited by Moderator)
Spocksdad Takes Eva to School District Awards Ceremony

(Sorry about long read, I'm in my "Lannie Mode" this Sat morning!)

Eva, myself and DW attended School District Superintendent Awards on Thurs. This was for our volunteer work in Pet Partners Read With Me program over last 1-1/2 years at our local E.S.!

We all arrived 15 min early with Eva at Community Learning Center. Found out awards ceremony being held on 2nd floor and choice was open back stairs or elevator. Eva had been up on neither! She's good on stairs at home and other public places, but open back stairs - Nada! We got up first flight to landing and Eva hunkered down (literally). Went back down and took elevator up to 2nd floor.

Entered large conference room and found about 100 people milling around talking loudly. Seating for 250 was set up. We met up with Reading Director and principal of our school, also there to support us. Another Pet Partners handler, was also attending for an award, but couldn't bring her dog. We sat up front, but as more people filled the room, Eva became more nervous because of the loud noise of (200)+ adults talking at once! My wife stayed at our seats while I walked Eva out to the restroom/ lounge area across lobby which was very quiet. She met some young kids there and was friendly to them, despite coming from an anxious environment. I also took her back to first floor and out back of building for another potty break. Came back inside and hung out in quiet lounge area until ceremony started.

When MC started talking and conference room quieted down, I walked Eva back in and took our seats. She was calmer this time in room, but did get nervous when applause broke out after each award was handed out. I kept feeding her kibble treats to keep her settled. Also, in the conference room was (3) other Therapy Dogs from Paws For Service, also getting award that night. When our name was called, Eva went up to school superintendent to receive award and take photos. Eva did well, but was still not completely relaxed.

After taking our seats, the (3) other Therapy Dogs and handlers were called to platform for awards. A large white Great Pyrenees dog, female, while up at speaker's platform, started giving Eva a serious stare down, which she returned, but remained lying prone on carpet. I quickly gave her some more treats to divert her attention. The large white dog almost pulled her handler out of the camera view when the photos were taken! (see pics below)

After the ceremony finished, and the room cleared out some. Several children and adults came over to meet Eva. She was very sweet and loving to all that petted her during this event, even though stressed from the new experience. Even though she's accustomed to classes of children at the school each week during reading visits, a room large room full of 200 adults talking was a frightful thing!

Funny side note- On way out, we stopped by large tables at back of conference room filled with cookies, doughnut holes, drinks and other refreshments. I picked up a glazed hole to give Eva, as a treat for job well done. Normally, she would woof it down, but on this occasion, she put it in mouth, then slowly let it roll out back out onto carpet! Maybe a sign of her review of ceremony?

We departed via elevator and Eva was certainly thankful to be heading home. She slept well after that fatiguing and traumatic experience! :2smile:

First Blooper Picture Posted on FB w/Writeup
(At End of 1+hr. of long ceremony- Eva ready to GO!)

2nd Picture- Money Shot- Eva Stressed, Looking at Other Pack

2nd Therapy Group - Great Pyr. Straining Toward Eva, Off Cam to Right, Pulling Handler!

Reason I took Eva vs. Spock was that I was informed ahead of ceremony (unlike before school career day) that other dogs would be attending also.
I knew Eva was very strange dog tolerant and ignores them. Spock notices all strange dogs and wants to go smell and play with them, usually. Didn't want any incidents happening to mar ceremony or embarrass school or Pet Partners. (e.g. 10PM News headlines- "Therapy Dogs Cause Ruckus at Awards Ceremony") :2surprise:

Eva Back Home Recovering from Her "Trauma" - Withdrawing to her Puppy Fetal Position!

When I looked back on my decision to take Eva, I get sad, as it was really Spock's award to receive. He was the first Dobe to start reading at the school back in 2018. However, I had to consider the greater good and putting forth a good public perception of the therapy dog program. When Spock's eligible for this award again (in 2 yrs.) he might not be around... :|

#26,043 ·
Good morning.

I would like to try that yogurt !

It been rainy for a few days. It rained off and on all night and going to be a wet day. I will have to bring a extra set of clothes.

Modm , whatever Ken says:nerd:...Just say Margherita and it will get Ldi off your back>:)>:)

Ahh ok how about:

Jimmy Buffet: Margaritaville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdAXczGsIYs

Nibblin' on sponge cake
Watchin' the sun bake
All of those tourists covered with oil
Strummin' my six string on my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp
They're beginnin' to boil

Wasted away again in Margaritaville
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it's nobody's fault

Don't know the reason
Stayed here all season
With nothing to show but this brand new tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie, how it got here
I haven't a clue

Now I think, - hell it could be my fault

I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

But I know, it's my own damn fault
Yes, and some people claim that there's a woman to blame
And I know it's my own damn fault

#26,044 ·
(Sorry about long read, I'm in my "Lannie Mode" this Sat morning!)

We departed via elevator and Eva was certainly thankful to be heading home. She slept well after that fatiguing and traumatic experience! :2smile:

(At End of 1+hr. of long ceremony- Eva ready to GO!)

2nd Picture- Money Shot- Eva Stressed, Looking at Other Pack

Eva Back Home Recovering from Her "Trauma" - Withdrawing to her Puppy Fetal Position!

Amazing work Spock, Eva and you do!!! Eva definitely looks ready to go! :grin2:

#26,045 · (Edited)
Umm, but, :nerd: I don't know how to do that?

>:)

:2surprise:

SP, You forgot, you were going to video & post your dance moves, doing the Skunk Funk for LaDi's video montage?

https://youtu.be/45Hm1r-fOT0

While you're working at the office "all alone" today, you can practice during your break times!

Just remember, in the new cramped building, they're sure to be hidden security cams that might record your antics.... :grin2:

#26,047 ·
I had not heard this group either - listened to a couple of them...The few I listened to - I think I liked this one. Dramatic - maybe its the piano (at least sounds like it:laugh: ). For some reason the piano sound and other parts made me think of Halloween Theme song....not quite though.

Ego Likeness When The Wolves Return
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pluU6j4g6pw&list=PLBrxpkv4J9APOHxXU2I6wqecJtipvqfe_&index=6
That's a good one! From their latest album, I think.

I was going to try to catch up but I'm busy making yogurt this morning and I'm fast running out of time. I did see the Jerseys in Jumpers, though. ;) No I wouldn't try to put those on my girls, because my girls are not fastidious. If you catch my drift. ;)

I'll try to catch up more later. Yogurt now. Ciao! (Hey, that rhymes!)
I cannot IMAGINE making a coat for a cow! Some of the Great Danes are big enough, LOL!

Disregard my weather report...now , not a cloud in the sky , 70 and climbing.
I have two dogs that are glued to me now and not letting me get out the door alone:2smile:
Enjoy your day everyone...i hope modm has time to make us something to eat today , i cannot live on yogurt alone:grin2:
Can I have some of that weather?? Sounds perfect. We're cooler again today, high of 18 predicted. Yikes.

Guys, I TOTALLY FORGOT you made me Commander Cat...I really have to step up my game!

Oh, and I'm making pork tenderloins today. YUM.

#26,050 ·
Pbbtt on Century Link.

I didn't have a really good experience with them. They tried to sell me their service and misrepresented their speed as being a lot faster than it actually was, by changing the speed units--megabits (abbreviated Mb) vs megabytes (abbreviated MB) on the contract. Mega bytes are 8X faster, but they kept insisting they were the same thing in spite of knowing that speed was our MAIN concern with our internet service, and our direct questions about which units they were using. Of course, they got right out there and installed everything and set up a 2 year contract before I realized what they were doing. It took me a lot of time and calls right up the line before I could get them to cancel and not charge me ANYTHING for their fraudulent practices.

In fact I had to practically threaten them with fraud (I had lots of proof that is what they were doing---the salesperson, customer service, and their technical people had all repeated me the same line--and I had documented it carefully.)

Anyway, if you're not playing online MMO computer games, speed for most people is probably not that big a deal at today's speeds and I'm thinking Century Link may be cheaper? And if that's what you can get, that's what you can get. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. In fact (not to sound wealthy or anything), I sold my stock in their company and bought Comcast after my experience. I'm SURE it made a BIG difference to them *sarc*

It may have just been our local people anyway. It's a cut throat business around here.
ROTFLMAO--I've had that kind of experience with various services--many years ago with a TV company--service was always going out and sometimes it'd take days for them to get it back--I kept track and told them I wouldn't pay for no service--we argued a lot about it and I canceled the service with a chunk of unpaid (no service)--we argued more about that and I told them I was taking them to small claims court and putting a nasty review on BBB site they sent me a letter saying they had decided to credit me for the unpaid balance because of no service periods.

Yeah--the reason I chose Century Link is that if I added it to my phone service it was substantially less expensive and had a bunch of promotional "no charges" (like installation, their modem with no monthly modem charge) The other reason is that ComCast around here (this according to my internet etc guru) has an assortment of problems which are (as far as he's concerned) unacceptable.

And of course I know nothing--new appointment is set for Tuesday--when I replaced the order the lady who took it said that cancelling the first screwed up one and starting all over was definitely the way to do it--once screwed up evidently there are a zillion ways to continue to screw it up. Just what I'd need I don't even know how to get a new e-mail service. I've tried to to get a Google account in the past but was totally unable to do so. But from what my contingent of internet geniuses (or is that genii) tell me it was because Google won't open an account if it's dial up service.

And now--I'll go home and work on the repair to the stripped out screws on the upper hinge of the bathroom door. (What can I say--it's an older place and the doors, hinges and screws are original.) I guess it's not as bad as the really old place I rented -in Los Angeles that had plumbing so old that some of the sink drains were screw together pipes--which it turned out weren't replaceable, period. I learned a lot about old plumbing from that place.

ABTLH

#26,051 ·
Aunt B - if your getting a new email - I suggest getting a gmail account - that is what I did this fall when I dropped that POS service I had with FRONTIER , What crooks they are !

One thing to check on before you switch is you are tied to any fee's for dropping your old account - the one you are replacing with the new service - These internet company's are snakes in the grass ! ( Sorry MC for saying that word ) They have very small print and most will not see it - so ask questions !

Well I'm back home ! I hope for the night !!! I had ordered a couple of X-mas gift's for the little lady threw Wal Mart - and after being in Shelbyville the past 2 days - looked at my emails this morning and guess what , yep they had came in - The last thing I wanted to do was go to town on a Sat. - But I had to go , they will hold them for 5 days only and we may be in the bullseye for some good snow starting tomorrow afternoon thru Tuesday ! As up to par - the guy waiting on me couldn't find them ! After 20 minutes - I told the little gal - hey , I will be back in a little bit - I have other things to get and then I will pick them up . When I got back , they had them ready to go ! I did inspect them and will say , they are better than expected ! I was really happy with them !

If you don't say anything I will tell you what I got her ! - I got the Mrs 2 pillows - One with Ali's picture on it and the other with Kasia's Picture ! Like I said- they turned out great !

Funny thing ? Everybody was in a great mood in town - well there was one Dumdazz ! As I was coming up to a light - this car that was on my bumper came around me ( I was in the left lane ) on the right side then jerked it back left in my lane - hit the brakes hard and put on his left turn signal ! I hit the horn and kept hitting till he turned ( which seemed to be 30 minutes ) then someway - my left hand -------- out of nowhere showed them that they were Number 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:)>:)>:)

Well better get going .

#26,053 ·
Disregard my weather report...now , not a cloud in the sky , 70 and climbing.
I have two dogs that are glued to me now and not letting me get out the door alone:2smile:
Enjoy your day everyone...i hope modm has time to make us something to eat today , i cannot live on yogurt alone:grin2:
I've got Swiss Steak on the menu. Was going to make it today but I was traumatized after having to get off the beaten path and go somewhere else other than home after work today.

Guess I will make it tomorrow when I am watching the Brady Bunch.

:grin2:

#26,054 · (Edited)
Aunt B - if your getting a new email - I suggest getting a gmail account - that is what I did this fall when I dropped that POS service I had with FRONTIER , What crooks they are !

One thing to check on before you switch is you are tied to any fee's for dropping your old account - the one you are replacing with the new service - These internet company's are snakes in the grass ! ( Sorry MC for saying that word ) They have very small print and most will not see it - so ask questions !

Well I'm back home ! I hope for the night !!! I had ordered a couple of X-mas gift's for the little lady threw Wal Mart - and after being in Shelbyville the past 2 days - looked at my emails this morning and guess what , yep they had came in - The last thing I wanted to do was go to town on a Sat. - But I had to go , they will hold them for 5 days only and we may be in the bullseye for some good snow starting tomorrow afternoon thru Tuesday ! As up to par - the guy waiting on me couldn't find them ! After 20 minutes - I told the little gal - hey , I will be back in a little bit - I have other things to get and then I will pick them up . When I got back , they had them ready to go ! I did inspect them and will say , they are better than expected ! I was really happy with them !

If you don't say anything I will tell you what I got her ! - I got the Mrs 2 pillows - One with Ali's picture on it and the other with Kasia's Picture ! Like I said- they turned out great !

Funny thing ? Everybody was in a great mood in town - well there was one Dumdazz ! As I was coming up to a light - this car that was on my bumper came around me ( I was in the left lane ) on the right side then jerked it back left in my lane - hit the brakes hard and put on his left turn signal ! I hit the horn and kept hitting till he turned ( which seemed to be 30 minutes ) then someway - my left hand -------- out of nowhere showed them that they were Number 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:)>:)>:)

Well better get going .
Really? You have dumba$$e$ in your territory, too?

Man, they get bred everywhere, don't they.

SMH (Shaking my head)

It's stories like that, that make me want to fabricate; a spatula and fly swatter for the front of Guz, a boxing glove on each side and a hay spike on her backside.

#26,055 ·
I've got Swiss Steak on the menu. Was going to make it today but I was traumatized after having to get off the beaten path and go somewhere else other than home after work today.

Guess I will make it tomorrow when I am watching the Brady Bunch.

:grin2:

I like swiss steak - has been sometime since we had it....maybe will be on the menu here as well.

#26,056 ·
So after visiting a house we were interested in we went out for lunch then came back home. Within 10 minutes the electricity went out. :frown3: Then a smoke detector went off - chirping due to battery. Mila wasn't happy.

Then my wife got on the sofa and was starting to take a nap. Mila and I were on the floor in front of the sofa taking a nap and CHIRP....

Here is where Mila ended up! :roflmao:

Then 3 hours later or so, wife still taking nap - really just dozing waiting for electricity....and it came back on. Guess where Mila went with all the bells and whistles going off! :laugh:

#26,058 ·
So after visiting a house we were interested in we went out for lunch then came back home. Within 10 minutes the electricity went out. :frown3: Then a smoke detector went off - chirping due to battery. Mila wasn't happy.

Then my wife got on the sofa and was starting to take a nap. Mila and I were on the floor in front of the sofa taking a nap and CHIRP....

Here is where Mila ended up! :roflmao:

Then 3 hours later or so, wife still taking nap - really just dozing waiting for electricity....and it came back on. Guess where Mila went with all the bells and whistles going off! :laugh:
That's a funny story!

#26,059 ·
Well, I have X-rated rant boiling up.

Reader's digest version.

One of my neighbors' dogs killed one of my barred rocks. I am so pissed off!!!

I am trying to not go over to the neighbors and sock, whoever answers the door, in the middle of their face.

I hate to say it? I am buying myself a gun for the holidays. Shoot, shovel and shut up.

It hurts me to hear myself say it, I love dogs but, something's got to give with those people.

This is the G-rated version. Good thing I didn't start typing right off the bat!

I am still sooooo PISSED OFF!

I feel a little bit better for getting it off my chest.

#26,060 · (Edited)
Well, I have X-rated rant boiling up.

Reader's digest version.

One of my neighbors' dogs killed one of my barred rocks. I am so pissed off!!!

I am trying to not go over to the neighbors and sock, whoever answers the door, in the middle of their face.

I hate to say it? I am buying myself a gun for the holidays. Shoot, shovel and shut up.

It hurts me to hear myself say it, I love dogs but, something's got to give with those people.

This is the G-rated version. Good thing I didn't start typing right off the bat!

I am still sooooo PISSED OFF!

I feel a little bit better for getting it off my chest.

Sing it Again......

Don't Git Crankee!.....Just Git U Donkee!...... to Guard U Chickees!........and Kick Bad Doggees!
:2smile:

Sung to the Reggae tune of "Ride Your Donkey"
by The Tennors, 1968