Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Opinions Please! HQ Dobermans
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 10:36 AM
Rosemary
Got mutt?

Dogs Name: Leo (GSD); Lily (APBT)
Titles: They do, and are working on more
Dogs Age: Leo 7; Lily 5; Ilka 2009-2017; Lucky 2000-2014
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rosemary's Gallery
Thanked 31,870 Times in 10,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargab81 View Post
Can you please share a sample co-owner contract for a male show puppy - so that I know what to expect. A very generic one would do. I will try to stick to the generic one I get so that I do not land myself with trouble with my first show dog.
It really depends on the breeder.

Some of them have a fairly simple one page contract requiring that their name stay on the dog, the dog has to have all appropriate health testing before being bred, the breeder has to approve any breeding decisions, and the usual the dog comes back to them if you can't keep it.

The other end of the spectrum is a multi-page contract that spells out in excruciating detail exactly what you must feed the dog, exactly what handler you have to use, exactly what judges you can and can't enter under, how long you have to title the dog, and a whole host of nit-picky things that you have to do in every day life.

If you really like this pup, then ask for a copy of the contract to read. See if you can live with the terms of it. If there are things you don't like, ask the breeder if you can reach a compromise on them. If you and the breeder can't agree on terms, and you think that there is no way you can live with the contract, then say "thanks, but no thanks", and look elsewhere.

~~The Current Hellhounds~~
Lily Dale- A Melody Unchained ETD PKD-T PKD-N ADP-L5/CH/L1(Pr)/L2(Pr)/L1 GC GPS-EST OD-WD3
CA Speed Queen Leontine Von Washateria ETD D-CRO-Preliminary PKD-T PKD-N S-ADP-L5/CH/L1(Pr)/L2(Pr)/L1 GC GPS-EST OD-WD3
~~Requiescat In Pace~~
Ilka Of Pear Orchard Cemetery BN RE CA CGC TKP ETD CRO-1 D-CRO-Preliminary NCO-1 PKD-T PKD-N S-ADP-L4 ~2009-2017~
Lucky Rat Dog CGC ~2000-2014~
“Dance as if no one who is qualified to commit you is watching!”
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rosemary For This Useful Post:
dobebug (12-06-2019), LadyDi (11-29-2019), MeadowCat (11-26-2019), melbrod (11-28-2019), reddobes (01-02-2020), vargab81 (12-03-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome