Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - stem cell therapy for DCM
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 12:20 AM
MaryAndDobes
Extraordimary

Dogs Name: Moxie, Copper & Wicca
Titles: Yes
Dogs Age: 12, 11 & 7
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit MaryAndDobes's Gallery
Thanked 16,583 Times in 3,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobebug View Post
Contact the vet school at Davis--I believe that the have been involved in some stem cell research with Dobes and DCM. Can't remember the name of the vet who was working on this
Dr. Estrada??

For the OP, I knew 2 people who did the stem cell implants for dcm with their Dobermans in Florida. That was pretty early on in the research, and I don't recall them having much success. IOW, the 2 Dobermans didn't seem to get any longer than they probably would have anyway, but I guess that's all kind of subjective because who knows how long they would have had without it.

However, speaking for myself, I have personally had stem cell implants into my knees for severe osteoarthritis. It was very expensive, and I got absolutely no relief from my pain. That said, as it was really expensive there was only so much of it I could afford. Perhaps if I had more CC's of stem cells, maybe I would have had a different result. And maybe not. I guess I will never know.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaryAndDobes For This Useful Post:
Colorado Dobes (11-11-2019), Cressrb (11-11-2019), ECIN (11-11-2019), melbrod (11-11-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome