Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - stem cell therapy for DCM
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 11:42 AM
dobebug
Alpha

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanked 23,157 Times in 6,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleuboy View Post
My dobie was recently diagnosed with DCM. I am looking for a Vet clinic in California that is doing stem cell therapy. Does anyone know of any clinical trials or clinics that are moving ahead with stem cell therapy with DCM in dobies?
thanks in advance
Pearl
Contact the vet school at Davis--I believe that the have been involved in some stem cell research with Dobes and DCM. Can't remember the name of the vet who was working on this but someone in cardiology at the vet school should knowl

The only other one I can think of offhand is in Florida and one of the long time members of DT who was in vet scholl when she started out has long since graduated and I believe her practice is in New Jersey. She had a Dobe who was in the program that was going on in Florida--Dr Eric someone--can't think of the name. Try doing a search here under cardio + stem cell and you might be able to track down more info.

Also most vet cardiologists should be able to talk to you about stem cell research and programs that are presently going on.

Good luck on your search.

dobebug
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (11-09-2019), ECIN (11-09-2019), falnfenix (11-09-2019), LadyDi (11-10-2019), melbrod (11-09-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome