Great movie, I was in HS when the movie 1st aired (early 70's)...Movie theater was beside the local pool hall, so half of the players cleared out for a few hours and walked one door down the street, to see the latest Hollywood movie. The Doberman Gang
saw the movie different slightly Lannie
- what stuck to me was the loyalty & bond to the trainers & the dogs ultimate smartness, almost human like
- the biting part was of less concern for me, from the show...not unsafe for dogs human family
- all I could see, was the most impressive dog breed...in the whole wide World
- leaving the theater that night, I told my date "I will have a Doberman puppy, after I go to College" PapaBear
married that HS date, and we got wed, immediately after College graduation.
- and a week later, our chosen puppy from a top Canadian show breeder was 9 weeks old & ready to come home
- our Tanya
was Loved and Spoiled to death, she was a great dog
- and reaffirmed the Value of the movie, in our new grown up life...with a 4 legged fur-baby
PS - on the one hour drive home from senior breeder / baby Tanya chewed a wee hole in Mrs67
sweater...Haha...moms favorite top.
- this new dad was driving his $50 used Datsun B210 // one I fixed much rust on, welding in new tin and painting it in farm garage
- I could not believe how lucky we were / driving home with a beautiful Dobe puppy
- the Movie, started it all...Dobermans would be part of our entire Life