Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #23296 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
StrykersPerson
Alpha

Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanked 20,809 Times in 7,615 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Great movie, I was in HS when the movie 1st aired (early 70's)...Movie theater was beside the local pool hall, so half of the players cleared out for a few hours and walked one door down the street, to see the latest Hollywood movie.

The Doberman Gang - Beau saw the movie different slightly Lannie...HeHe.
- what stuck to me was the loyalty & bond to the trainers & the dogs ultimate smartness, almost human like
- the biting part was of less concern for me, from the show...not unsafe for dogs human family
- all I could see, was the most impressive dog breed...in the whole wide World
- leaving the theater that night, I told my date "I will have a Doberman puppy, after I go to College"

PapaBear married that HS date, and we got wed, immediately after College graduation.
- and a week later, our chosen puppy from a top Canadian show breeder was 9 weeks old & ready to come home
- our Tanya was Loved and Spoiled to death, she was a great dog
- and reaffirmed the Value of the movie, in our new grown up life...with a 4 legged fur-baby

PS - on the one hour drive home from senior breeder / baby Tanya chewed a wee hole in Mrs67 sweater...Haha...moms favorite top.
- this new dad was driving his $50 used Datsun B210 // one I fixed much rust on, welding in new tin and painting it in farm garage
- I could not believe how lucky we were / driving home with a beautiful Dobe puppy
- the Movie, started it all...Dobermans would be part of our entire Life

I have to jump in on The Doberman Gang!

After I put Axel down I went on a binge and ordered that DVD and several others pertaining to Dobermans. I've got them, want to borrow them? One of the orders was with James Garner, They Only Kill Their Masters.

The Doberman Gang is where my interest in Dobes started. I was such a young kid. My parents had no clue the impact that movie had on me. Now, they know!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (10-16-2019), LadyDi (10-17-2019), Lannie (10-17-2019), melbrod (10-16-2019), modm (10-17-2019), TNfisher (10-17-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome