Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #23232 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
StrykersPerson
Alpha

Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanked 23,362 Times in 8,058 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
The crows are migrating now, so they had probably just stopped for a rest. I grew up (in the left-hand Portland) hearing you can't shoot crows because they're a migratory species, but we always had them year 'round there, so it seemed puzzling to me. However, here, we only see them twice a year, as they're moving north and south. They really freak the poultry out big time, because they come over in very large groups, and sometimes it can take 15 or 20 minutes for a group to pass by, and the chickens and guineas think they're hawks, I guess. They're very careful about "big birds." Couple of our neighbors have small planes they use to go scout their beef herds, and if one of them goes over our place, or even close by, the birds all scream and run to hide under the lilac hedges! LOL!

Our dear, sweet Kiara (the female Pyr we just lost this spring) was hell on anything that looked like a hawk, and she'd jump up and bark at the plane until it flew off. Bless her. I wish Jasper would look up sometimes, but I guess he never learned because that was Kiara's job. She did keep the hawks and eagles away, that's for sure. If I saw one before she did, which wasn't often, I'd yell, "Kiara! HAWK!" and she'd leap to her feet and scan the sky until she spotted it, then take off across the property to see it on its way. There is NOTHING better than a good dog.

Anyway, if you hear "Caw! Caw!" don't look up, because you might get ca-ca in the face. Yes, it happened to me. Ick.

Oh, and by the way, LadyDi, ARE YOU THERE YET?
I've noticed an influx of crows lately. They are bigger than my chickens. They are bold, too! They are hanging out in my fenced in yard. I am afraid for Lily. They aren't know for carrying off Rat Terriers are they? I know they scare my chickens.

Speaking of LadyDi, I thought I locked everyone up last night, but when I went out to free everyone this morning, she was still trying to figure out how to get back in the coop. I have no clue where she slept last night. No wonder I named Rock Star after Cuz!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (10-15-2019), Lannie (10-15-2019), melbrod (10-14-2019), modm (10-14-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome