Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #22817 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 09:26 PM
MeadowCat
Super Moderator

Dogs Name: Richter; Sypha; RIP Shanoa & Simon
Titles: Richter: CAA L1V NW1 L1I L1E L1C NW2 L2V ACT1 RATI WAC; Sypha: NW1 NW2 L1C L1V L1E RATI SOG WAC
Dogs Age: d.o.b. 7/13/2012; d.o.b. 12/6/2015
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit MeadowCat's Gallery
Thanked 58,195 Times in 15,834 Posts

Click here to find out how MeadowCat became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
I know...like how many chows are just running around loose seducing the ladies??

I do believe the cattle dog bit (Ha ha pun. Get it?) though. I'd be curious to know if MC's folks dog has a leetle tendency to nip. Just how persistent and dominant is the cattle dog gene set?
I got to meet the parents' dog in person yesterday...I'm now strongly leaning towards GSD/border collie mix since I've met her in person. She is narrower than she looked in the picture. She's EXTREMELY prey driven. She's also, unfortunately, pretty reactive to other dogs. I'm not too happy with the rescue they adopted from - on "paper" this dog should never have been adopted out to my parents. Thankfully they have a decent support network with skills to help them, and I'm hoping she will be "workable" and able to make enough progress to be able to take walks, etc....but I hate seeing this kind of stuff - it's becoming far too common with too many rescues. Not nearly enough behavioral screening, not properly matching dogs to the right homes....argh. It just really irks me. Plus, this dog isn't really at all suited to their lifestyle (again "on paper") - thankfully, they are reasonably willing to "step it up" and put in the work, but....not the type of adolescent that should have been placed with them. I'm not taking all the responsibility off them - I wish they had put in some kind of work to figure out what they needed in a dog and what was a good fit, but....as pretty average pet owners, this is what happens far too often.

DSC_0133
by Shanoa Delta, on Flickr

Richter & Sypha
Glengate's Mountain Fortress CAA ORT L1V NW1 L1I L1E L1C NW2 L2V L2I ACT1 RATI SOG WAC
& Sirai's Golden Masquerade ORT NW1 L1C L1V L1E L1I L2C L2I NW2 RATI SOG WAC
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
― Jane Goodall
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MeadowCat For This Useful Post:
dobebug (10-06-2019), ECIN (10-05-2019), LadyDi (10-06-2019), Lannie (10-06-2019), melbrod (10-05-2019), modm (10-06-2019), spocksdad (10-05-2019), StrykersPerson (10-06-2019), TNfisher (10-06-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome