Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #22176 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:19 AM
TNfisher
Alpha

Dogs Name: Mocha
Titles: CGC
Dogs Age: DOB 3/21/2014
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit TNfisher's Gallery
Thanked 9,544 Times in 2,143 Posts

Click here to find out how TNfisher became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Funny little story from Spock's school visit for Read With Me today....

Was with second of three students at reading session in library. We were reading a new book with Spock calmly sitting between us.

New book was, "The Skunk With No Stripes" about "Little Skunk", a baby skunk born without white stripes, like his older brother and sister skunk had. His brother and sister skunk tease Little Skunk, saying he is not a real skunk, since he had no stripes. As the story progressed, Little Skunk went around the forest asking animals what he was. First visit was to a cat which little skunk thought he was since he also had fur and a bushy long tail. The cat said "No, Little Skunk you're not a cat since you don't purr" Well, Little Skunk went to several other small animals before reaching a squirrel.

Suddenly, I realized that if this little 3rd grade student starts saying the word "squirrel" when reading to Spock, he's liable to jump up to a full squirrel alert, look around and start barking! So, I advised my student to say "You Know Who" in place of the word "squirrel" so we could get through the book with no incidents.....

Worked out great and oh yeah....The story finishes when Little Skunk and his animal friends asked a Black Bear if he is a bear, since he was also black and furry. The large Bear gets angry at Little Skunk for asking and saying he's not a bear nor a skunk, since he has no stripes. The Bear says "If you are a skunk you'd be able to spray me, and you can't do that." Of course at that time, Little Skunk turns around and douses the big black bear with a stinky spray, at which the bear runs away.

Both Little Skunk's siblings and his new animal friends, including
"You Know Who", then exclaim that he is indeed a skunk!
I was picturing one of the kids saying squirrel and Spock going into a full squirrel alert LOL, that was my morning chuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
TN, you've got me started re-reading Hobb's Farseer Trilogy (the Assassin books)--enjoying it with a fresh eye, so to speak; noticing things I hadn't before.
I'm on book #7 out of 17 of the Jesse Stone books (Yes, I do read a lot ), then I'll start with the Assassin books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECIN View Post
What a kiss azz !
I know, right?

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
- Author Unknown
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TNfisher For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (09-20-2019), melbrod (09-19-2019), modm (09-19-2019), spocksdad (09-19-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome