modm
Alpha

Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit modm's Gallery
Thanked 2,716 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksdad View Post
Moe, Thanks for the Mila update with the pictures.

S
Here's a perma-link to a Dremel nail thread which I posted using my favorite Dremel Micro w/LED light. If you want an even quieter model, the Dremel Stylo sold at HD is almost silent. I use it on our little Lanah as she is squirmy when it comes to nail time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbrod View Post
Dogs are generally more comfortable having their nails dremeled than having them clipped. Dremels don't seem to pinch or squeeze the nails the way clippers do; you can get a nice smooth edge to the nail; it's much easier to avoid hitting the quick. But they do make noise and vibrate the nail as they grind it, so you have to go slow introducing one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi View Post
I bought a regular hobby dremmel.......opted not to get the one with an LED light........

!!!

So I found our Dremel - it is a Model 800 Cordless Rotary Tool (older one). Ebay has it so not sure how long the link will last: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dremel-Mode...EAAOSw68NdYhZj

I assume the tip you mentioned will work SD. I have lots of little sanding drums but not sure the grit as I do not see any markings. Funny thing the battery still worked!

Has multiple speed ranges 0 - 10....2 = 5k to 11K rpm all the way up to 10 = 31K to 35K. Looks like around 10K to 15K I saw in the links.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modm For This Useful Post:
ECIN (08-31-2019), LadyDi (09-01-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome