post #36 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
modm
Alpha

Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit modm's Gallery
Thanked 1,736 Times in 435 Posts

Mila story continues

Had her at the vet Friday - she was good in the reception area. Did not pay much attention to the other dogs at the check out counter.

However, in the exam room she was very nervous hard to exam her. In the end the vet just listened to her heart and left the rest alone. Said we will let her get used to us before pushing to much and getting her even more out of her comfort zone. We did get her weighed - 79.6 lbs....I thought she would be less as she doesn't look as big as our other dogs and they were 80 and 83 at times.

Wanted to get her nails done as, they are getting long, but that wouldn't work. So I will handle her paws even more....maybe get an old nail file and lightly go over her nails so she gets used it. I have been holding her paws some as she would pull them away. Now I can touch and hold without too much trouble. She has a scar running up one paw. So something may have happened.

Mila had her second training session Saturday. I am getting trained very well She is getting along very nicely!

Here are a few pictures of her:

New toy!

And her new bed

She has found the stairs leading up to the sewing room. Till this point she has ignored them.

Mila got up but didn't want to come down....so we ignored her and she found her way back.

Even with the door closed she wants to go up - but gets stuck. My wife went to look for her and here she was
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modm For This Useful Post:
Coco Loco (08-25-2019), ECIN (08-25-2019), LadyDi (08-25-2019), Lannie (08-26-2019), melbrod (08-27-2019), PrairieGirl (08-25-2019), spocksdad (08-25-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome