Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #21070 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:01 PM
modm
Alpha

Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit modm's Gallery
Thanked 1,864 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfisher View Post
Speaking of BBQ, I have 2 big slabs of ribs in the smoker as I type. Yesterday, I was thinking of heading to our favorite BBQ joint today to pick up some dinner, but my wife and I were at Sam's Club yesterday and saw they had ribs on sale but the kicker is, it's a 2-pack. Which means my daughter and her boyfriend will be getting at least one of the slabs.

Still trying to make up my mind If I'm going to do the 3-2-1 method or the 2-2-1. Leaning toward the 2-2-1 because I do like my ribs with a little texture, not completely falling off the bone and too soft to chew.

And yeah, Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce shall be spread liberally on them for that last hour

And Ken, no hike again this morning so no pics...it rained again and it's been on and off sunny/cloudy/rainy all day. But we're in the low 80s and I'll take it, in August.
So I have to be honest - I had to look up those methods to make sure I knew what you were talking about. But the basics are 3 stages: smoke time, foil (steam time with say apple juice or just the ribs...), and then smoke time for crust (can slather in sauce if want to).

I would probably like the 2-2-1 as well. Has been a while since I did ribs. And Bay Rays is not too bad

And I should not have looked up how to do it - now I have a hankering for ribs....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modm For This Useful Post:
ECIN (08-23-2019), LadyDi (08-23-2019), melbrod (08-23-2019), TNfisher (08-23-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome