Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - current puppy food
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:31 PM
4x4bike ped
Big Lil pup

Dogs Name: Foxfire's The Real McCoy (McCoy)
Titles: Pet of the Year
Dogs Age: DOB 9/12/14
Gallery Pics: 9
Visit 4x4bike ped's Gallery
Thanked 13,242 Times in 4,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeadowCat View Post
I also feed Proplan to my two dogs. I used to feed Orijen, years ago. I don't personally feel comfortable feeding it anymore, with the new information that has come out about companies like Champion Pet Foods (and many others) who do not employ nutritionists to formulate their dog foods and do not do extensive feeding trials on their foods. We're finding that out now as the FDA is investigating many cases of DCM in breeds not typically diagnosed with DCM that are improving or even reversing after being switched off those foods. While Dobermans are genetically predisposed to DCM, I personally feel much more comfortable feeding a food that has a huge team of nutritionists and extensive feeding trials, as well as knowing that many many people have fed it for years and have had dogs live long lives on it.

That's my PERSONAL feeling. Others may feel differently, and that's okay.
Yeah MC... That is exactly why switched McCoy to Pro Plan. Although the tally is not in, why not? Plus, McCoy will eat anything and seems to do well. The transition from Acana to Pro Plan was nothing.

John
Portland OR
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4x4bike ped For This Useful Post:
dobebug (09-11-2019), LadyDi (08-15-2019), MeadowCat (08-14-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome