Thread: Breeder Website
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:30 AM
dobebug
Alpha

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanked 22,855 Times in 6,038 Posts

I don't use websites to evaluate much of anything. So many are professionally done that they look good and provide no information..

As far as I'm concerned websites should provide information--for a litter? Parents names--registered names and call names. Titles? working or conformation? Health testing? Know the important health tests and list them and dates tested. With some exceptions I don't expect the sire to be on site. Good breeders go anywhere to find a good match for their bitch--it's rarely in their back yard.

Websites should also provide a working e-mail address and a working phone number and should invite futher question if not answered in the website itself.

No website? Who cares--I know some great breeders who don't have website because they are busy with litters, growing puppies, dog shows, performance trials, their family etc.

Good luck with the search

dobebug

PS I've been around purebred dogs for many years and I know a lot of the breeders personally and have seen their kennels and their dogs and a good website definitely doesn't mean much. Some of the flashiest and most attractive sites belong to breeders I wouldn't consider EVER!

dobebug
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (08-09-2019), Artemis (08-09-2019), greenkouki (08-09-2019), LadyDi (08-09-2019), MeadowCat (08-09-2019), melbrod (08-10-2019), Rosemary (08-09-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome