Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dobie Pup in Summer 2020
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
aggiefco
Lil Pup

Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit aggiefco's Gallery

Dobie Pup in Summer 2020

Hello All,

I have to admit I feel a little bad posting such a general question in the forum, but I feel this community is very helpful.

I am looking for a male dobie puppy in the Summer of 2020. I have a wife, three kids (13,11,8) and a 18 month old Aussie. I am experienced with high energy / intelligent dogs and am ready for the 'challenges' associated with the dobie breed. We are a very active family, typically taking our current dog on several miles of runs a week, at least one mountain bike ride, and a hike. Our Aussie is very friendly and will not have any issues with a little brother.

I am looking for a 'pet' dobie, will not be competing, showing, or plan on doing any show/sport with the dog. I do expect it to be loyal to the family, and responsibly protective of the wife and kids while I am away for work.

So far, I have researched two breeders, one in CO where I live (Rocky Mountain Dobermans) and one in Florida (Charismatic Dobermans) on a recommendation and have found that both are not 'recommended' for a variety of reasons. For the price, and the time investment I'd be willing to travel anywhere in the continental United States for the right dog. My budget isn't unlimited, but I do understand that you get what you pay for. So I open it to the forum, what breeders are nationally known and respected?

FWIW, I am not open to a rescue as I have rescued three dogs in the past, two of which ended miserably.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to your advice and suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to aggiefco For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (07-17-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome