Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The Girls Outside!

1M views 89K replies 76 participants last post by  sissl 
#1 ·
I have no clue what order NoBite is going to post the pics, but there is a pic of my Dry Pond, Dominic and Princess Lily Belle. One pic of the neighbors DD's (well, at least 2 of the A-holes). The black Dane pup seems okay. I hope NB blows that pic up, so you can actually see their partial pack of dogs. But, if not, you can at least see I take pride in my property and the neighbors don't.

Spock,

Patience, Grasshopper!

>:)

#20,043 · (Edited)
Peeps, I am plumb tuckered out. First of all, it was HOT here; in the mid 90s every day. Spent a lot of the time taking the family around town, giving them the tour, also took them onto Fort Campbell where they saw division headquarters, the German POW cemetery, the old WW2 bunkers which housed the underground tunnels for storing nukes. My brother and I went to the range and shot off a lot of 9mm rounds, and we cooked up a storm. Sorry, no pics of the BBQ, it was quite hectic. Got up, took them onto Ft Campbell, came back and started making the potato salad, then started the baby back ribs in the smoker, then my daughter and her boyfriend came over so we had a house full. Then I had to man the grill, to cook the 200 pounds of beef short ribs my wife got (just kidding but it was definitely overkill) and then I threw on a mess of chicken (brother's wife doesn't eat beef or pork) and about half way through all the smoking and grilling I was about 2 seconds away from heat stroke LOL.

My brother decided to take our Mom back to Missouri with him for a week so we didn't have to take her down to the airport in Nashville which was a relief LOL. They all just left a little while ago, the house is nice and quiet again.

Mocha loved all the attention, she was going from person to person, giving and getting plenty of love. And snacks. I bet that girl gained a pound the last few days...I kept telling them not to keep feeding her but well, you know, who can resist Doberman eyes?
Great family story TN - the sky ones, can have a lot to say...I've always said. :supergrin
- can't shut them up, once they let their guard down (HaHA), a wee bit

^^ Beau enjoyed your read, and 9mm shooting with your brother. :AR15firing:
- enjoying real Fun and time together...don't get much better, than that

And I respecting your Smoking & BBQ techniques...you & Mrs, must do a great grille.

Andrew & I went to a business clients BBQ, 5 years ago...after their golf tournament.
- I took son to the side, and said..."what the crap is this"?
- owner was throwing burgers, chicken & dogs on the propane, and NO BBQ sauces in sight
- Beau knew the lunch, was gonna be washed down...with a cold drink LOL :robinhood:
- no BBQ Love...and meat tasted, so very bland

#20,046 ·
Just got back from the doctors office as I was advised to do by our resident Nurse = Lady Di , I had a regular appointment for today anyway , but had him look at my neck - it appears to be a server neck sprain or strain , but I have to get a full blood work up first in the morning , to make sure it is not a infection , stemming from my elbow .other wise everything else was very good , BP was 112 over 80 . He said he would like or to go to Feb and if no infection recur , before then they will put the wheels into motion to operate on my knee :2smile:

Got to go spray some trees for Japanese Beetles - damn things on eating everything up around here ! I have some top of the line medicines in the shop that will give them a terminal belly ache :grin2::grin2:

#20,048 ·
Just got back from the doctors office as I was advised to do by our resident Nurse = Lady Di , I had a regular appointment for today anyway , but had him look at my neck - it appears to be a server neck sprain or strain , but I have to get a full blood work up first in the morning , to make sure it is not a infection , stemming from my elbow .other wise everything else was very good , BP was 112 over 80 . He said he would like or to go to Feb and if no infection recur , before then they will put the wheels into motion to operate on my knee :2smile:

:grin2::grin2:
Your other Florida quack would recommend that you be crated for a week and a tight leash for 10 days.:nerd:

#20,049 ·
OK Doc......here's what you need to get from amazon for your neck and back. You will thank me at harvest time!

We purchased one of these January this year and its worth the money .......you will actually feel like a true massage...versus those other cheap ones........
Price is $262.54..........but you will love it.......

Perfect Touch Masseuse Heated/massage cushion/app controlled/adjustable Height/4 massage styles/Relief for Back, Shoulder, Neck
Massage types= Shiatsu,rolling, percussion, or combo massage....
Product name: HoMedics.......

I have used cheaper ones in the past and threw them away.........this is a good one........if you buy this Doc......you will be glad you did after a hard days work.
You just place the massager in any chair........and wa-la........instant massage therapist .........

I am real tall...just a little shy of 6 feet .......so it was great one with height adjustments .

#20,050 ·
OK... Denny and bug.

Pork Chop is going to be the name of my next pup. Boy or girl.

Heck, my son named his 3/4 sized stuffed Dobe "Cornbread"! LOL

Well... He was only 3 at the time.

Cornbread is still alive and kicking (so to speak) 33 years later. He is now Gabriel's "Doverman" (sic). LOL

STJ!
You'd have to do better than that to appall me with dog call names, John.

I was the one who call named my very nice red puppy, Squeaker--the breeder wasn't terribly upset but Marj Brooks who owned the sire was horrified--her call names always matched the registered name in some respect and name were never abbreviated. Every one of the dogs I got from Michelle has come complete with both a registered name (although I must say she's always told me what the theme was and asked for suggestions--she's even used some of my suggestions. ) I asked her about that once and she said "Well, you called that puppy of Kim's Cat and then she called him Cat and I could think of some horrible call name you could get out of the Moonstruck litter"

(For the record--I called him Cat because while watching him as a very young puppy 5 or 6 weeks maybe--we were sitting in the dog room at Kim's watching puppies and her then young daughter was in there with us. The kid had a heap of toys spread out everywhere and the puppies were wreaking havoc running through them--I looked at one of the black puppies who was carefully tiptoeing through the toys never touching any of them when I said that black puppy was as careful as a cat--her daughter said "MOM--that's his name--CAT, what a great name..." So really I had a lot of help when it came to that puppies call name.)

#20,051 · (Edited)
LOL bug...

McCoy got his name spontaneously.

It was 2 days before Thanksgiving. We were on the "puppy list" for our 3rd Foxfire dog as Butcher had died earlier that year, We were hoping for a June, July or August pup. It's a pain in the butt raising a pup during our rainy winters.

In any case, I get a call from Michelle S. asking if we wanted a pup from the Rayden and Jewelia litter. Someone had backed out at the last moment for very legitimate reasons. I said "Heck yes!" The only caveat was that I had to pick him up in Sunny Valley the following morning. About 300 miles South.

I told Nancy that I was leaving to go pick up a puppy. She says: "But we don't even have a name yet".

Well, I was the middle of building a display shelf for her vintage McCoy USA pottery. I turned and said: "Yes we do... His name is McCoy. Foxfire's The Real McCoy"

Hopped in my truck. Drove 300 miles. Spent the night in Grant's Pass and picked our puppy up at around 10 the next morning. I had the pleasure of seeing all his littermate and helping MS remove his sutures.

I also got to see Jet, my son's Dobe's sire.

He came home. Slept through the entire night only to wake on Thanksgiving morning. Given how wonderful he has been... Very appropriate.

STJ!

#20,052 ·
OK Doc......here's what you need to get from amazon for your neck and back. You will thank me at harvest time!

We purchased one of these January this year and its worth the money .......you will actually feel like a true massage...versus those other cheap ones........
Price is $262.54..........but you will love it.......

Perfect Touch Masseuse Heated/massage cushion/app controlled/adjustable Height/4 massage styles/Relief for Back, Shoulder, Neck
Massage types= Shiatsu,rolling, percussion, or combo massage....
Product name: HoMedics.......

I have used cheaper ones in the past and threw them away.........this is a good one........if you buy this Doc......you will be glad you did after a hard days work.
You just place the massager in any chair........and wa-la........instant massage therapist .........

I am real tall...just a little shy of 6 feet .......so it was great one with height adjustments .
does it come in Blonde , or Burnett and Red Head ? >:)>:)

#20,053 ·
LOL bug...

McCoy got his name spontaneously.

It was 2 days before Thanksgiving. We were on the "puppy list" for our 3rd Foxfire dog as Butcher had died earlier that year, We were hoping for a June, July or August pup. It's a pain in the butt raising a pup during our rainy winters.

In any case, I get a call from Michelle S. asking if we wanted a pup from the Rayden and Jewelia litter. Someone had backed out at the last moment for very legitimate reasons. I said "Heck yes!" The only caveat was that I had to pick him up in Sunny Valley the following morning. About 300 miles South.

I told Nancy that I was leaving to go pick up a puppy. She says: "But we don't even have a name yet".

Well, I was the middle of building a display shelf for her vintage McCoy USA pottery. I turned and said: "Yes we do... His name is McCoy. Foxfire's The Real McCoy"

Hopped in my truck. Drove 300 miles. Spent the night in Grant's Pass and picked our puppy up at around 10 the next morning. I had the pleasure of seeing all his littermate and helping MS remove his sutures.

I also got to see Jet, my son's Dobe's sire.

He came home. Slept through the entire night only to wake on Thanksgiving morning. Given how wonderful he has been... Very appropriate.

STJ!
I really liked his name from the first time I saw it--I thought "What a good name for a Foxfire Doberman--they really are the real McCoys--and that was even before I knew that he was a Toad grandson--out of one of the very most beautiful bitches ever bred by Foxfire--the very lovely Jewelia.

ABTHLLHH

#20,056 ·
Ken , that is why i would put you on a tight leash for 10days! We are just trying to get you healthy and then you do not have to choose. :wink2:

Blonde , Brunette, Red Head .......Whatever floats your boat'er Doc..........but you need to massage those muscles .........DAILY.............buy one of these gadgets and you will be glad! When you get a kink in yer neck, back, or shoulders ..........boom.........get your massage...then it all goes away before it becomes worse.

#20,058 ·
Mocha loved all the attention, she was going from person to person, giving and getting plenty of love. And snacks. I bet that girl gained a pound the last few days...I kept telling them not to keep feeding her but well, you know, who can resist Doberman eyes? [/QUOT[E]

Dagnabbit TN--it's relatives like that (and probably you too TN since you had to learn it somewhere) Between kids and dogs if you say don't give them a lot of--cake, cookies, treats, candy corn, or ice cream about the kids and don't give them any people food, hot dogs, candy corn, cotton candy, BBQ pork or potato salad when either the kids or the dogs (or both) puke all over grandma's prized oriental carpet in the room they aren't supposed to be in you know immediately that the people slinking out the door who you saw sweet talking the dog--"here you can have one more lil' piece--he'll never find out..." are exactly the ones who gave all of the above all of the above and more...

I did take this closeup of a dragonfly out on our deck though, if that's any consolation :)
AEIIIOOOOUUUUUU....Holy c**p TN blown up like that was enough to scare the livin' daylights outta' me..

ABTLH

#20,059 ·
AEIIIOOOOUUUUUU....Holy c**p TN blown up like that was enough to scare the livin' daylights outta' me..

ABTLH
Believe it or not, that is normal size. I was fortunate to get close enough with my 100mm macro lens that I only had to do a little bit of cropping to get only the head. I didn't realize I had gotten the eye detail until I viewed the pic on the computer.

#20,060 ·
I didn't want to start a new thread with this...so I was home the last 4 days with the family being here and when I came home from work today, my wife showed me Mocha's food bowl and told me that Mocha didn't eat her breakfast; it was still there, in her bowl. I looked at Mocha and said, "eat your food" and she immediately gobbled everything down like she was starving.
We talked about it and we're wondering if it was because I was home for 4 days straight and Mocha was pouting because I went to work today? If so, kind of odd because I've had long weekends before and she's never done this before (the not eating).
But, since I came home, Mocha's been extra clingy and affectionate so who knows. Either way, I love that girl of mine :)