Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Nose Work Journal
View Single Post
post #675 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:40 PM
triciakoontz
Always Grateful

Dogs Name: Mercury's Prince of the Universe (Boon)
Titles: CFFII,NW1, NW2, NWE1, CFFIII, CFFIV
Dogs Age: 12/29/12
Gallery Pics: 22
Visit triciakoontz's Gallery
Thanked 12,629 Times in 4,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldrew79 View Post
Congratulations, MC!

Newton and I had our first attempt at an NW3 in Lakeville this past Saturday. It was an experience to say the least! I have to say that I was surprised at how emotional it was for me. My last NW3 was with Brandy and she was on my mind a lot. I'm hoping the next one will be a little easier as far as that goes.
For the searches we had a 50/50 day! Someone false alerted on containers which was the very first element of the day. So no pressure for the rest of the day! lol The first two rooms for interiors went very well. I may have hung around a little longer than I should have, but we got what needed. The third search however was a different story. It was the handler that messed up leaving poor Newtie to search a blank room for over a minute. Ugh! Totally biased on my part. I kept thinking, they wouldn't do a blank room as the last search....wrong! So the mistakes Newtie and I made cancelled each other out. Thankfully our exteriors and vehicles went very well and were the last two searches of the day.
All in all it was a great learning experience and we still had a lot of fun. It's so nice to be out there with my boy enjoying the day!
If anyone is interested I have the videos (the good, the bad and the ugly!) posted in youtube. They're under the account my2dobes.
Thanks for sharing your videos! It would be awesome if you wanted to start a separate thread with your thoughts on each search n the videos, such as the conditions, judges debrief comments, etc, along with hide locations. Then we could watch the videos and get a lot out of it. Iím going to try and do that occasionally.

THE BOONDOGGLE
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to triciakoontz For This Useful Post:
ECIN (06-11-2019), LadyDi (06-12-2019), MeadowCat (06-10-2019), Meldrew79 (06-11-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome