Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The Axel Thread

31K views 266 replies 19 participants last post by  Louise&Aaron 
#1 ·
He finally arrived at 5:45 this morning!

This is Crystal for Dragons by Loris Land aka “Axel”

It’s been a long wait and he is every inch as wonderful and crazy as we thought he would be!

We are in LOVE [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#171 ·
It's OK....this is what the experts say:

"Ugh, Why Does My Baby Keep Spitting Out Food? Well, there are a few different reasons:

1. Oral motor skills – In my work, this is the most frequent reason babies spit out food. Oral motor is a fancy therapy way of saying coordinating the muscles in the mouth]....[A] baby needs his tongue, cheeks, lips, and jaw to eat well. Sometimes it can be difficult to coordinate, and sometimes, it’s a lack of strength because the tongue is a giant muscle."
From Your Kid's Table

Well, actually, this is talking about human kids...but no one can deny that a dog's tongue is a giant muscle.

#175 ·
That a girl ! lol

Go back up L and look at his pictures - the ears are bending in - For me - I like to keep them straight up and down with no bending in - that just is me - :wink2::grin2:

BTW - How's things in Not "N" ham ? Cloudy and rainy here today --Current East Central Indiana temp is 75 .

Yeah, A likes them dead straight.....I think they look kinda cute with a little bend at the top lol!

Warm but overcast here after a whole week of rain!!

#195 · (Edited)
Just saw this article on Fox News website:

"People are stapling bread to trees [in Sheffield, England] and sharing the photos on Reddit"
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/people-stapling-bread-trees-photos-reddit

I figure this requires an English person's explanation. LOL

Waiting........

Edited to add--I just noticed that one of the pics was taken here in Colorado. The weirdness is spreading. :2surprise:

#196 ·
Just saw this article on Fox News website:

"People are stapling bread to trees [in Sheffield, England] and sharing the photos on Reddit"

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/people-stapling-bread-trees-photos-reddit

I figure this requires an English person's explanation. LOL

Waiting........

Edited to add--I just noticed that one of the pics was taken here in Colorado. The weirdness is spreading. :2surprise:

Sorry only just up!

Nope....no explanation.....people are just weird lol!

#198 ·
OMG Louise hes growing so quickly he is just absolutely stunning [emoji7]

Thank you! He is currently on bed rest and anti inflammatory meds because he has hurt his ligaments in his hips....I think he grew at super speed and his ligaments just need some time to catch up. Little doofus!

#201 ·
Aww the poor fella, I hope he feels better soon, how is the training going with him L? I should have my boy from Nina about the 5th or 7th of August I can't wait [emoji16]

Omg Liver that’s so exciting! Libero and Unnas puppies are just gorgeous [emoji7]
What are you going to call him?

Training is going well. He is high energy and still doesn’t like other dogs, or doesn’t know how to behave around them. Making small progress all the time though!
He is such a good boy at home though....gentle and sweet and an absolute dork [emoji23]

#203 ·
Update on Axels training.....going well expect he is still crazy around other dogs...

We were using a Dogmatic collar that did this to his face so have swapped to a prong. Controversial I know (esp in the UK) but my god does it work!!!

Hope everyone is well - as you can imagine this dude is keeping me busy!

#210 ·
Update on Axels training.....going well expect he is still crazy around other dogs...

We were using a Dogmatic collar that did this to his face so have swapped to a prong. Controversial I know (esp in the UK) but my god does it work!!!

.../QUOTE]

Hey L, looks like you missed my post back in May on your Axel thread, recommending against using a Halti type head collar...:2smile:

https://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-related-chat/305729-axel-thread-6.html#post4073057

Spock and Eva were trained in early days on prong collars. We used the black Herm-Sprenger type that were not noticeable on black Dobes. They worked great but we had to wean our Dobes off them due to not being permitted in obedience and AKC CGC classes enrolled in.

We still use the prongs in special cases, such as walking our pack at our local park with hiking & biking trails. There, we pass close by numerous other persons walking dogs, infants, using skateboards, bikes & scooters- want to take no chances on any incidents... My DW still uses when she walks Spock on her own.

#206 ·
Hi L&A

Yeah... I never led face halters. Dobes have a enough potential CVI issues without possibly exacerbating neck problems.

McCoy is walked on a prong. They are custom made by Lola Limited . The thing is that although it is a functional prong it looks just like a Martingale, so there is no stigma which is often attached to having aDoberman on a prong.

Also the prongs are removable. I have McCoy down to 4 prongs. I also use the "Clip on/Clip off for ease of putting it on and taking it off. Also, I like the fact that she does not put a prong over the larynx area.

Here is the link to the Lola Secret Powers collars: https://lolalimited.net/secret-powers/

John
Portland OR

Edit to say... McCoy uses 2.3 mm size prongs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.