Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dog Boots & Injury Research
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:33 AM
dobebug
Alpha

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanked 22,859 Times in 6,038 Posts

Hi Jose,

I will take your questionnaire as soon as get into the library to use a high speed computer--I'm dial up here and it's so slow there is a lot of stuff I just plain can't retrieve from the internet.

But I'll pass this along since you don't seem to have gotten much of a response here--I used to train tracking with some friends who (unlike me) were training for a couple of varieties of S & R tracking. There was a German Shepherd Dog and a Belgian Shepherd who were training for what is sometimes called disaster training. These are the dogs who search rubble for living or dead after natural disaster like earthquaks or in areas that have bomb damage. These seem to be the dogs who are most likely to have leg and paw damage and need some sort of protective gear but both of owner/handlers of the dogs in our tracking group said that unfortunately almost any kind of protective gear makes the dog own food less dependable. So the end result is that those dogs tend to get cut paws scraped kgs etc but these tend to be pretty superficial so they don't wear any sort of protection.

Good luck with your project.

dobebug
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (05-07-2019), melbrod (05-07-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome