Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The Axel Thread

31K views 266 replies 19 participants last post by  Louise&Aaron 
#1 ·
He finally arrived at 5:45 this morning!

This is Crystal for Dragons by Loris Land aka “Axel”

It’s been a long wait and he is every inch as wonderful and crazy as we thought he would be!

We are in LOVE [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#105 · (Edited)
Louise - TN had a tread on here about his Mocha and other dogs - He posts his journey to help solve this - its a good read .

The trainer is a good idea - as I went threw it to with Mr. Business - I took him to a group class - It's hard to fix something like this when there are no other dogs around -- learned a lot from it . When we go to town - I have to be on the ball to nip it before he gets in a frenzy - breaking the eye contact between them and telling him its Ok .

So L - How's that new job working out ? Hope ok since you don't have to work with littler pecker - lol

Doc

#106 ·
New job is busy but I’m really enjoying it!
I think littler pecker had realised how much I actually did and how much he doesn’t know which makes it even sweeter :-D

Thanks Doc I will have a good read *thumbsup*

Any idea what the scabby spots are?

#107 ·
I'm thinking on them L - lol Kasia had the same thing - not all the time - they would come and go - little bumps - I would pick at them and it fell off - like it was just dry skin bumps - We showed the Vet many times and I can't remember what he said about them - it was a non event if I remember right - we changed shampoo's I know - Think it had oat meal in it . I'm sure that others will jump in here when they drag there lazy azz's out of bed - lol Lots of weekend deadbeats on here L - lol That remark should get a good reply !

How is A and Little L getting a long with the puppy ?

#111 ·
Ken, I try to translate for you.... :laugh:

"They are eating on fab thanks!"

Translation- Aaron & Little L have been eating pizza and ice cream all weekend while Mum is away.

"I have been on a hen party all weekend and the house isn’t destroyed so I deem it a success!"

Translation- Louise has been with her office peeps at a holiday resort "seminar", partying on the company tab.

Axel & Little-L managed NOT to break the sliding windows while playing Nerf football inside the house...

#116 ·
Louise.....I do have another question ......myth ......I wanted to run by you......
What is the deal with this Loch Ness Monster??????

Axels....so cute.......here’s the deal with the scabs....IMO......
First of all always remember this .......be conservative........pup is developing immunities ....so we want to expose ......them to things ......
and if they break out work to keep symptoms in check as they respond airborne.

Suspect you may know this ....but they have delicate hair follicles.
Always pet, groom, etc. if the direction of the hair growth.
When we go the other direction .....it can cause these bumps.
Their hair follicles get all irritated...similar to an ingrown hair.......thus those bumps that scab.
Conservative approach........get some selsun blue shampoo.....regular strength......shampoo once every 7-10 days.
In between .......wipe downs with 1 part vinegar ......3 parts water (natural astringent) .....:nerd:
When you dry .............pat dry those bumpy areas.

#122 ·
Good morning everybody - Still raining here this morning :frown3:

Ali is chasing Kadin around the office this morning - :grin2:

Question L - What is this Brexit I hear about all the time ?

Give Axle a hug for me

Doc

Lol we don’t talk about Brexit......it is a total farce!

On a lighter note Zoe taught Axel to give her his paw this morning....took her 5 minutes :-D

#132 · (Edited)
Oh boy...young boy teething.......yep......
When they are getting their permanant teeth.......this is a time when some notice ears that are standing most of the time.....might start dropping down more........thats why so many post through 8 months or longer as needed .......teeth!!!
My vet told me .....nature is directing more calcium to allow for teeth.........therefore a decrease in the calcium is being distributed to the ears........so you might notice a difference (ears standing......then not standing as before ) as more of those teeth start coming in for Axel.
This is an age of which so much develops......physically as well as emotionally.
For instance.....Hoss at 5 months shredded a bed pillow of mine.
To this very day.........he will take the opportunity if a pillow is laying around. Yet he touches nothing else............so prevention is the key.....

#139 ·
We are in the same boat here on the other side of the pond. :grin2:

Sugar barks at other dogs too. Sometimes when they approach him he screams and runs and sometimes he is fine.

His breeder wants to show him and at this point I just laugh hysterically at the thought of him in the show ring :roflmao::roflmao:

We've got a lot of work to do also!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.