Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Judy Bingham (Electra)
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:21 PM
MeadowCat
Super Moderator

Dogs Name: Richter; Sypha; RIP Shanoa & Simon
Titles: Richter: CAA L1V NW1 L1I L1E L1C NW2 L2V ACT1 RATI WAC; Sypha: NW1 NW2 L1C L1V L1E RATI SOG WAC
Dogs Age: d.o.b. 7/13/2012; d.o.b. 12/6/2015
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit MeadowCat's Gallery
Thanked 55,079 Times in 15,154 Posts

Click here to find out how MeadowCat became a supporter
What GK and MaryJo said...

There are plenty of breeders out there that breed dogs I like, but I wouldn't necessarily buy a dog from them, just because we don't "click" as people, and that's perfectly okay. Other people feel differently and don't want the same experience with their breeder.

For me, personally, I really enjoy having a certain kind of relationship with my breeder. I want to feel comfortable messaging, or emailing, or heck, calling them if I need to. I still remember messaging Mary pretty late at night one night when Richter had an emergency room visit and I thought he'd have to have emergency surgery...she chatted with me back and forth because I was a wreck. I could have called her, no question. I love having a breeder that is proud no only of our accomplishments that are titles, but also of just our "what a great dog" moments. I like being able to ask questions about the breed, and learn more. I want a breeder that I can ask questions about dogs way back in the pedigree. I like knowing about what's going on with my dogs' siblings, and parents, and grandparents....

Other people may not care about that...it's really to each their own, but I do really recommend that you figure out what YOU want in a breeder and what matters to you, because the person that bred your dog is (theoretically) in your life for about the next decade, so it should be someone you can at least tolerate

DSC_0133
by Shanoa Delta, on Flickr

Richter & Sypha
Glengate's Mountain Fortress CAA L1V NW1 L1I L1E L1C NW2 L2V L2I ACT1 RATI WAC
& Sirai's Golden Masquerade NW1 L1C L1V L1E NW2 RATI SOG WAC
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
― Jane Goodall
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MeadowCat For This Useful Post:
Artemis (05-01-2019), Coco Loco (04-30-2019), Fitzmar Dobermans (04-30-2019), LadyDi (04-30-2019), melbrod (04-30-2019), Rosemary (04-30-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome