Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dermatology Appointment
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:59 PM
LadyDi
Alpha

Dogs Name: Hoss
Titles: Proud European Doberman
Dogs Age: 3
Gallery Pics: 4
Visit LadyDi's Gallery
Thanked 15,659 Times in 4,722 Posts

Click here to find out how LadyDi became a supporter
Hoss and I have experienced skin issues. Bumps on his back.....pissed off hair follicles..............
So like you I used my vet and dematologist.........at 2 years of age ...both vetís took the position that this breed was still at a level of developing immunities at 2 and 3 years of age and .......so as I requested treatments . They declined ...because they wanted him to get exposed to these things.......and just keep signs and symptoms under control. Both felt the skin condition was caused by something airborne versus food. As I waited for season changes......noted the condition would go away............so ....so the condition would come and go........as pollen counts changed ......one thing that I also notice each time his skin flares up.....Hossís eyes have more eye stuff......
They tend to build up fluid more......but the fluid is clear..........checked that fluid out with Vetís ...advised ....like us ...dogs react to pollen...and that extra fluid is Hoss way eyes way of dealing with crud in the air.
Now Hoss at 3 years ..he seems to have grown out of his seasonal reactions......
How are Zeusís eyes?

Hoss
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyDi For This Useful Post:
ECIN (04-07-2019), melbrod (04-06-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome