Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Treating a Wound
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 08:37 AM
LadyDi
Alpha

Dogs Name: Hoss
Titles: Proud European Doberman
Dogs Age: 3
Gallery Pics: 3
Visit LadyDi's Gallery
Thanked 11,478 Times in 3,924 Posts

Click here to find out how LadyDi became a supporter
Let it be.......let it scab.......with pups my vet always states dry scab is good.......scab is natures way of protecting/healing an open wound.
Medications and liquids can soften that scab......makes the scab vulnerable to coming off. Do not want that.....
BUT .....
IF ..... for some reason ......you feel the need to clean the wound area because of dirt etc. .....my vet suggests to me using just a little...... clean /warm soapy water ...and dab with a clean cotton ball. Then air dry..........
Do not use hydrogen peroxide ...all those bubbles .....that can cause the wound to begin bleeding again aka hemmorage.
Dry scab is the direction you want to go........if you see clear fluid around the wound.........that's OK.......
You see a white blood cell called a macrophage, takes on the role of wound protector. This cell fights infection and oversees the repair process. You might see some clear fluid on or around the wound . This fluid is helping clean out the wound.
Although if you note any changes in coloration to the fluid/scab or around the wound area ........check with Vet.
I take PICs with my cell phone when Hoss has issues like this .........allows me to note via comparison any physical changes as the days go by.........
Poor guy...that's a tough place to have a wound ...especially the way they love to roll and flop around during zoomies...........

Hoss
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyDi For This Useful Post:
gamermouse0213 (03-27-2019), melbrod (03-27-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome